• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TJs : when do you do all your life tasks?

kimela

MBTI Type
ENTP
Food prep, cleaning, filling out forms, prepping workout clothes. Do you make sure to be home by a certain time to do chores? Do you say no to social events because of chores or stay in certain nights every week? Do you just clean all the time? When does all this preparedness happen when you also have evening events, homework, practice etc?

Lark

Routines and planning. Life is about those two things a lot of the time.

Presently I'm in a planning lull, living a bit more spontaneously, although usually I like to try to maintain a Benjamin Franklin level of daily planning.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
During the day-everyday. I don't like to do it, being a "house wife" was the absolute last thing I ever wanted but it needs to be done.
I don't miss social events. I can manage everything just fine.

Even when I was balancing 3/4 work and and school I had no trouble. Didn't even have time to stop at home for dinner and I have never known such happiness since.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Food prep, cleaning, filling out forms, prepping workout clothes. Do you make sure to be home by a certain time to do chores? Do you say no to social events because of chores or stay in certain nights every week? Do you just clean all the time? When does all this preparedness happen when you also have evening events, homework, practice etc?

First: not all TJs are stereotypical ISTJs.

Second: I run on pretty strict schedule since on most days that is the only way to do everything I have do to get results I want. Sacrificing of social and fun time included.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My prozac kicks in at 11am, if that's what you're asking.

I have a Google Home and I take advantage of the calendar. I also log what I did everyday using Daylio.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate doing these kinds of "life tasks". I often joke that I would like to have a house elf. I can minimize some of it by developing appropriate habits. The cleaning/housekeeping aspect, for instance, is minimized by taking care not to make messes to begin with, always putting things back when I am done with them, etc. Clothing preparation is minimized by significantly standardizing what I wear, so everything goes with everything and I waste no time picking out clothes. Clothing care is minimized by proper choice of fabrics and styles. I outsource some of it to my INTP. He does all our food shopping, for instance, and I do all our online shopping, something I am much more efficient (and successful) at than he.

Lark

I hate doing these kinds of "life tasks". I often joke that I would like to have a house elf. I can minimize some of it by developing appropriate habits. The cleaning/housekeeping aspect, for instance, is minimized by taking care not to make messes to begin with, always putting things back when I am done with them, etc. Clothing preparation is minimized by significantly standardizing what I wear, so everything goes with everything and I waste no time picking out clothes. Clothing care is minimized by proper choice of fabrics and styles. I outsource some of it to my INTP. He does all our food shopping, for instance, and I do all our online shopping, something I am much more efficient (and successful) at than he.

I am much the same, although I know a lot of that is a result of restricted space rather good planning.

Although I think being organised and orderly and having all those domestic tasks under control and well managed can be a bit of a booster in pursuing other goals. Its something I do get a lot of satisfaction from. Although that said I'm bad at simply relaxing so there's that.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I am much the same, although I know a lot of that is a result of restricted space rather good planning.

Although I think being organised and orderly and having all those domestic tasks under control and well managed can be a bit of a booster in pursuing other goals. Its something I do get a lot of satisfaction from. Although that said I'm bad at simply relaxing so there's that.

I have a strange complex about relaxing.

If I have planned to relax and do nothing then it is great. If I did not plan to relax and find myself doing nothing productive, I will be inconsolable.

Planned nothing: “ What a relaxing vacation”
Unplanned nothing: Oh God I’ve done nothing productive all day! I am such a lazy sack of shit I don’t deserve to live!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I have a strange complex about relaxing.

If I have planned to relax and do nothing then it is great. If I did not plan to relax and find myself doing nothing productive, I will be inconsolable.

Planned nothing: “ What a relaxing vacation”
Unplanned nothing: Oh God I’ve done nothing productive all day! I am such a lazy sack of shit I don’t deserve to live!

I find I can't function if I relax. It's as if relaxation is like letting the dam open too much, all my energy and motivation drains away.

I only perform at my best when I'm stressed and on edge. Unfortunately this also means I tend to job hop a lot when the dam bursts in a different way and my pent up frustrations get the best of me.

It's as if I think in grey, but can only act in binary.

Greed

#1 thot
i'd like to be more productive, but i don't seem to care enough to actually work toward it. life is just so much work. i'd like to be rich enough to hire someone to do boring stuff for me.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I tell my close friends (it is the way it is if you don't wanna seem crazy) that going to the supermarket is a lovely opportunity to think about myself, my body and health,
and be more conscious of what I'm going to ingest, they look at me in a strange way :unsure:

Yes I plan my shopping day, but also when to clean my house...etc
Bills are paid straight away as well as taxes. That is of course to make the french government very happy, but also to have the privilege to feel I don't have to bother with them anymore.
What is done will not have to be done (less constraints and no problem, feeling free to focus on something slightly more interesting etc).

Organisation is important, it allows me not to feel stressed up for some simple things that require my energies anyway.
Moreover I should spend less much money because I have been thinking about it and, thus, not acting under the surprise effect.

I guess I am somewhat "crazylly" pragmatic.

I suppose I am not NT but I recognise myself in the way most of them feel the need to be organised.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Sounds magical.

I was raised by a women who kept the place looking like a hotel...and would scream at me and call me irresponsible and immature when I failed to have all of the hangers facing the same way. I think living with soemone that tidy is great!...until they expect the same of you.