• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TJs : when do you do all your life tasks?

I was raised by a women who kept the place looking like a hotel...and would scream at me and call me irresponsible and immature when I failed to have all of the hangers facing the same way. I think living with soemone that tidy is great!...until they expect the same of you.
Damn that sounds like

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Food prep, cleaning, filling out forms, prepping workout clothes. Do you make sure to be home by a certain time to do chores? Do you say no to social events because of chores or stay in certain nights every week? Do you just clean all the time? When does all this preparedness happen when you also have evening events, homework, practice etc?

I think you mean ISTJ's. ^^

"Life tasks" don't run my life, never will. "Busy" is not something I aspire to. I prepare so I don't have to keep working at it. I outsource many tasks (weekly house cleaning, grocery shopping, lawn care) and the rest can be done as needed. My attire isn't fussy, I keep my closet organized and I like doing laundry and cooking myself.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Accrue resources --> hire services/ help = the TJ way. :dry::happy2:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Accrue resources --> hire services/ help = the TJ way. :dry::happy2:
I have long considered hiring a cleaning service, but I don't trust strangers to be in my house.

Lark

I am not sure about that. Since most TJs are "If you want to do something right you have to do it yourself" kind of people. (at least in my part of the world that is the case)

That's me for sure, I cant delegate for shit because I have doubts about people.

Also have similar reservations about leaders and authorities too. So much disappointment.

I try to use to do lists to get all my stuff done but I always plan the night before more stuff than there seems time in one day to accomplish.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
That's me for sure, I cant delegate for shit because I have doubts about people.

Also have similar reservations about leaders and authorities too. So much disappointment.

I try to use to do lists to get all my stuff done but I always plan the night before more stuff than there seems time in one day to accomplish.

I can do that but I am often just too cheap to spend my money on some kind of services.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have long considered hiring a cleaning service, but I don't trust strangers to be in my house.

I had to get over that issue. But I've used the same company for almost a decade now and I'm generally home or my husband is home when they're here. Even if I wasn't home I would feel good about it, they're excellent.

I am not sure about that. Since most TJs are "If you want to do something right you have to do it yourself" kind of people. (at least in my part of the world that is the case)

That's also my feeling but I had much less of a choice when I broke my foot awhile back. It was either hire someone or live in a pigsty. This is also when I really learned the importance of delegating - I can't believe I resisted that for so long.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was kinda joking, but one of my TJ friends pays $100 every two weeks for a cleaning lady to come just so that he can relax and not have to constantly worry about cleaning. He seems to really enjoy the freedom because efficiency.

On the other hand, I would have similar hesitations as you
True, but then they are also really about efficiency and prioritizing what needs to be. So while keeping everything tidy and neat would be the ideal for most TJs, the return on investment to do it all by yourself could be deemed as insufficient. This is because time and resources could used elsewhere.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
True, but then they are also really about efficiency and prioritizing what needs to be. So while keeping everything tidy and neat would be the ideal for most TJs, the return on investment to do it all by yourself could be deemed as insufficient. This is because time and resources could used elsewhere.

Sorry, but as I said in my post: this doesn't work like this in my part of the world. (unless maybe if you are "filthy rich")
The only exception is perhaps gardening, but that isn't too common either. Here cleaning and arranging is regarded as an exercise, so that you don't have to pay jim.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I hire someone to do that for me. Unless it's a necessity that requires my personal attention or my touch, I don't bother taking care of them even if I'm damn good at them. It's a matter of priority and time management. The allocation of such tasks comes obvious and natural.

If I'm free, however, or the opportunity presents itself, then I'm up for all sorts of labor, reparations and optimizations.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Sorry, but as I said in my post: this doesn't work like this in my part of the world. (unless maybe if you are "filthy rich")
The only exception is perhaps gardening, but that isn't too common either. Here cleaning and arranging is regarded as an exercise, so that you don't have to pay jim.

Also I would just like to add that here multi-generational households are much more common and the rest of the family usually lives in 30 mile radius. Therefore cleaning is usually what kids or "grandma" does. While in the case that something bigger has to be done that often ends with family BBQ in the end, neighbors and friends can also be in the mix. Here people are much more personal and into group think than business focused.

In other words I am pretty sure we have less stereotypical TJs than US.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
If your social life is suffering because of chores and work, you have lost balance in your life. If you do everything on time, you will have time for everything.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
If your social life is suffering because of chores and work, you have lost balance in your life. If you do everything on time, you will have time for everything.

I used to have no problem doing these things on time but it's never what I wanted to do over the years it's become depressing and loathsome work. It needs to be done but I have a very hard time motivating myself to care anymore.

Which is a problem because on the other hand I find it impossible to do anything in a mess.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Actually I have invented a rule: If in a room I can get everything completely back in order in less than 5-10 minutes (depending on a room) the place isn't a mess. It serves me decently.