User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I hate doing these kinds of "life tasks". I often joke that I would like to have a house elf. I can minimize some of it by developing appropriate habits. The cleaning/housekeeping aspect, for instance, is minimized by taking care not to make messes to begin with, always putting things back when I am done with them, etc. Clothing preparation is minimized by significantly standardizing what I wear, so everything goes with everything and I waste no time picking out clothes. Clothing care is minimized by proper choice of fabrics and styles. I outsource some of it to my INTP. He does all our food shopping, for instance, and I do all our online shopping, something I am much more efficient (and successful) at than he.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes kimela liked this post

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by kimela View Post
    But when? 5 am? Stay up late after work and dinner prep?

Whenever possible or needed, the end justifies the means.
    NTJs aren't really the people of routine but of strategic planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I hate doing these kinds of "life tasks". I often joke that I would like to have a house elf. I can minimize some of it by developing appropriate habits. The cleaning/housekeeping aspect, for instance, is minimized by taking care not to make messes to begin with, always putting things back when I am done with them, etc. Clothing preparation is minimized by significantly standardizing what I wear, so everything goes with everything and I waste no time picking out clothes. Clothing care is minimized by proper choice of fabrics and styles. I outsource some of it to my INTP. He does all our food shopping, for instance, and I do all our online shopping, something I am much more efficient (and successful) at than he.
    I am much the same, although I know a lot of that is a result of restricted space rather good planning.

Although I think being organised and orderly and having all those domestic tasks under control and well managed can be a bit of a booster in pursuing other goals. Its something I do get a lot of satisfaction from. Although that said I'm bad at simply relaxing so there's that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I am much the same, although I know a lot of that is a result of restricted space rather good planning.

Although I think being organised and orderly and having all those domestic tasks under control and well managed can be a bit of a booster in pursuing other goals. Its something I do get a lot of satisfaction from. Although that said I'm bad at simply relaxing so there's that.
    I have a strange complex about relaxing.

If I have planned to relax and do nothing then it is great. If I did not plan to relax and find myself doing nothing productive, I will be inconsolable.

Planned nothing: “ What a relaxing vacation”
    Unplanned nothing: Oh God I’ve done nothing productive all day! I am such a lazy sack of shit I don’t deserve to live!
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."
    Likes awbro liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I have a strange complex about relaxing.

If I have planned to relax and do nothing then it is great. If I did not plan to relax and find myself doing nothing productive, I will be inconsolable.

Planned nothing: “ What a relaxing vacation”
    Unplanned nothing: Oh God I’ve done nothing productive all day! I am such a lazy sack of shit I don’t deserve to live!
    I find I can't function if I relax. It's as if relaxation is like letting the dam open too much, all my energy and motivation drains away.

I only perform at my best when I'm stressed and on edge. Unfortunately this also means I tend to job hop a lot when the dam bursts in a different way and my pent up frustrations get the best of me.

It's as if I think in grey, but can only act in binary.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

i'd like to be more productive, but i don't seem to care enough to actually work toward it. life is just so much work. i'd like to be rich enough to hire someone to do boring stuff for me.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

When I tell my close friends (it is the way it is if you don't wanna seem crazy) that going to the supermarket is a lovely opportunity to think about myself, my body and health,
    and be more conscious of what I'm going to ingest, they look at me in a strange way

Yes I plan my shopping day, but also when to clean my house...etc
    Bills are paid straight away as well as taxes. That is of course to make the french government very happy, but also to have the privilege to feel I don't have to bother with them anymore.
    What is done will not have to be done (less constraints and no problem, feeling free to focus on something slightly more interesting etc).

Organisation is important, it allows me not to feel stressed up for some simple things that require my energies anyway.
    Moreover I should spend less much money because I have been thinking about it and, thus, not acting under the surprise effect.

I guess I am somewhat "crazylly" pragmatic.

I suppose I am not NT but I recognise myself in the way most of them feel the need to be organised.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Dare observing your shadows (50 shades of darkness) for your own well-being Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You mean you don't iron your underwear?
    I once dated an ISTJ who folded his socks and placed them in a neat pile in a drawer.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I once dated an ISTJ who folded his socks and placed them in a neat pile in a drawer.
    Sounds magical.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Sounds magical.
    I was raised by a women who kept the place looking like a hotel...and would scream at me and call me irresponsible and immature when I failed to have all of the hangers facing the same way. I think living with soemone that tidy is great!...until they expect the same of you.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."