• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes a good President?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apologies for not wanting to really dig into the questions raised by the OP, but one thing often on my mind tied to leadership in general is: A good leader is someone I would not be ashamed for my child (I do not have Kids BTW, but if I did) to emulate or look up to. Put another way - someone who it is easy to explain to elementary school kids why they are a leader.

Adults can come up with all kinds of rationalizations and hypocrisies; kids are much more apt to get to the bottom of things, don't readily put up with rationalizations, and ask the real questions. (But why? Why is that ok? Why do people like him? Why do people dislike him? If she did that, why can't I?'

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
One that reduces tax rates, stifling regulations & the size of government would be a good start.

You're not already getting most of that wish list?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You're not already getting most of that wish list?

No I'm not - if you were thinking about Trump he's not exactly my definition of a good president, and I am not living in the USA anyway. And I'm not talking about any particular person but more like a general philosophy of government in opposition to its historically ever-expanding reach and our ever-diminishing individual liberties relative to the gov. Especially in this time of pandemic when many governments used that opportunity to - for example - track everyone's positions via their cellphones and other such niceties.

I dislike all the 'special rules' and exceptions the government gives itself - if citizens delegate their power to them, then gov people shouldn't have rights citizens don't have.

I'm basically a classical liberal - I see the point of government but would like to greatly reduce its power and scope in most situations.