• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

twins/nature/nurture

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Say that fictitious Bob and fictitious John are identical twins. And say they were separated at birth. Say Bob was raised by Mr. and Mrs. Mafia, and John was raised by Reverend and Mrs. Smith. Since they are identical twins, they have the same DNA. They also have the same innate traits. So, if the twins were born predisposed to being able to hurt and kill other people, Bob would fare well. But what would John do. Would he reject his Godly parents and strike out at the world as a criminal, even though he hadn't been raised that way? Or, what if the twins were predisposed to goodness. What would happen to Bob then. Would he reject his Mafioso family and try to go out and do good in the world? And if they finally met each other at the age of 25, would they both be the same type?

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
So, what's with this? No one has an answer? I'm really interested to know what you have to say. And if no one is answering because they think I'm talking about the twins we all know are on this forum, you're wrong. Im truly interested in what happens when twins grow up in different environments. If there's already a thread about this, let me know.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
maybe you should be more patient and less confrontational if you want to get replies. Just an idea.:shrug:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have adopted identical twin sons. They experienced severe health issues, being born at 28 weeks to a drug abusing mother who lived out of her care while pregnant.

They have very different personalities and have since birth.

I posted an article recently that put 60% of intelligence as genes, the rest as part nurture and environment. I suspect that personality is similar.....

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
if my bro' is here, tell him to come over. GC that is.