• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me (MBTI, Enneagram/I.V.)

XenMargolis

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm an American in my early 30s. I'm not neurotypical, but I'm also not comfortable sharing the specifics of that on a forum where I'm not yet familiar with what the prevailing attitudes are on it. I am a "spiritual-not-religious" and a political independent.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

I think any type with high Fi is likely for MBTI, because I value thinking for oneself, though I have also been told a few times that I seem like I might have tertiary Fi. For Enneagram, I believe I'm most likely a core Head type, because I have that nervous, "never enough", inquisitive energy associated with Head types. As far as my I.V., I know I'm definitely not social-blind, because I place a high value on feedback/conversation and feel most satisfied when I can see how I'm contributing. I haven't decided because I feel like my life has been chaotic in ways that have changed me and my attitude too frequently and drastically for me to keep up with, and in many ways I feel that I haven't taken as good and hard of a look at myself as I sometimes have taken at others.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

Anything's purpose is simply what it does, so, from a material standpoint, my "purpose" is literally whatever I am doing at any given time. When I am writing, in that moment, my purpose is to write. When I am making food, my purpose is to make food. &c. &c.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I relate to Wrath a lot, because I'm often indignant, rebellious, and maybe a little cynical. I rarely relate to Pride, because if one wants to improve in a way that matters, they have to admit their mistakes - not just to others, but also their own self, even though it really sucks.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

I'm usually drawn to people who are calm, accommodating, insightful, and rational. People who think for themselves and have vibrant personalities. People who are eager to teach and learn.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

Strange people, for better or worse.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

People who are more concerned with being "cool" than bettering themselves and the world. People who follow real or perceived authority blindly.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

The ability to do or go into something without expectations, ease in practicing self-care.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:

a) Anger

I find that anger is often liberating, and I have the ability to be comfortable with it to a moderately-high degree and use it constructively. It can still be overwhelming sometimes because I don't always express it as it arises.

b) Shame

I feel it often enough, being an abuse survivor and a minority. Sometimes I feel that I am caught between rejecting it and internalizing it. Talking about it too much with non-friends makes me nauseous and, well, ashamed.

c) Fear

Always fighting it, however I can and however I need to at any given time.

d) Love/passion

In romantic relationships, I tend to express my love pragmatically - making sure the other person is okay, has what they need, etc. to the best of my ability. Having a partner is very important to me.

I am a very passionate person, also - I get very into things and I will claw out time and space in my life to pursue my various hobbies if I have to.

e) Conflict

I think some degree is healthy and necessary because it challenges us, it brings things to light that we may not have seen, and it gives us a chance to move forward. There are unproductive, counter-productive ways to engage in conflict, though, and I refuse to play anymore once things go down that route. Been there, done that, trying to move on and do better.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

Belonging, uncertainty, resistance, justice, self-acceptance v. self-consciousness

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I went to school for music and psychology, but due to circumstances was unable to finish. I am currently employed by a large-chain discount clothing retailer (but am on furlough due to the pandemic). I intend to go back to school to study world languages (one of my greatest lifetime passions) and hopefully become either an interpreter or an ESL teacher.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

How their behavior changes with the topic - which topics make them the most talkative and vibrant. How they talk - every aspect of how they use language. Their facial features.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
Sometimes charmed and fascinated, other times frustrated and disappointed. I feel that one of our biggest problems is that we often don't examine and unpack our own beliefs. This leads us to ignore many facts, sometimes including the humanity of those who don't think the same way. I think if we understood our own beliefs better, we could communicate them to others more meaningfully.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Practically any and every art form (especially writing and playing piano), outdoor sporting (ex. hiking, boating, camping), video-gaming, reading in general, music in general, languages, politics, natural sciences...

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

Usually (AKA when my social life doesn't have to be 99% online thanks to the plague), I'll invite 1-3 people to either go someplace with me, or hang out at my place to watch a movie/show and eat together. I like to entertain my friends with music, too. I'm the one to initiate a little over half the time.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions, because unlike actions, words do not have inherent consequences. I still think words are important, though.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

To lose my memories, so I can learn everything over again and do better this time.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

So joyless and disconnected from myself and the people around me that I can't even identify what I want and I end up emotionally and/or materially destroying myself and my loved ones because of it.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I am a very obsessive person, I cannot separate myself from my interests. When I am close with a person, we often end up communicating in layers upon layers of inside jokes, to the point where we practically have our own language. I value my ability to do this, because so much outside of that is often unreliable, inhospitable, and aggravating. Basically, if it weren't for the things and the people I love, the rest of the world would drive me crazy.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I strongly prefer a hard balance when it comes to this sort of thing. I like for there to be structure, but for that structure to be flexible rather than rigid. I make plans, but I make them in sand, not stone (figuratively speaking).

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Comfort is being able to engage with the people and things I enjoy in peace. Comfort is knowing what I can do if something goes wrong. I create comfort by surrounding myself with people who are supportive, and learning as much as I can.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fi makes sense enough for you. I'd say maybe Ni/Se axis too? ISFP would fit that, but also if you are not fully sure about your F preference, INTJ could work too. Hard to tell. Any more info you would like to give?

XenMargolis

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sure.

I've always been very inquisitive, and a bit of a risk taker. As a child I would hole up with encyclopedias just for fun. I would also venture out into the woods to see how long I could last without going inside, and to collect plants and animals. I've always been creative, as well - I have been composing music and stories, and designing my own characters since I was in grade school.

My friends often describe me as engaging, astute, analytical, and eclectic. I usually like to be talking to somebody - even when I'm doing my own thing at home, I like to text with people on my phone intermittently, and just share back and forth about what we're doing. I'm married and my spouse and I are collabing on a YA dystopia webcomic (they draw all the panels and do some character design and arc plotting. I write the story, direct the art, color, do most of the character design, and occasionally make side/bonus illustrations.)

I enjoy trying new things and going to new places. It's easy for me to see inspiration everywhere, including in places and things that are not necessarily "beautiful." It's easy for me to get swept up in how big reality is, for better or for worse. I believe nothing can exist without its opposite, but that balance and temperance are excellent things to strive and to stand for.

I'm not the most outwardly i.e. verbally or physically affectionate person in the world. I show my family and friends I care for them more through humor and through gestures I think they will appreciate. While I tend to feel a lot of sympathy, I have a hard time expressing it verbally and tend to just try and solve the problem however I can.

Not sure what this may say about my thinking style, but linguistic systems have always come ridiculously easy to me.
I struggle with getting annoyed very easily, and I have a tendency to wear myself out because I'm not exactly mindful of time and energy expenditure when I'm getting lost in whatever I'm doing.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm an American in my early 30s. I'm not neurotypical, but I'm also not comfortable sharing the specifics of that on a forum where I'm not yet familiar with what the prevailing attitudes are on it. I am a "spiritual-not-religious" and a political independent.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

I think any type with high Fi is likely for MBTI, because I value thinking for oneself, though I have also been told a few times that I seem like I might have tertiary Fi. For Enneagram, I believe I'm most likely a core Head type, because I have that nervous, "never enough", inquisitive energy associated with Head types. As far as my I.V., I know I'm definitely not social-blind, because I place a high value on feedback/conversation and feel most satisfied when I can see how I'm contributing. I haven't decided because I feel like my life has been chaotic in ways that have changed me and my attitude too frequently and drastically for me to keep up with, and in many ways I feel that I haven't taken as good and hard of a look at myself as I sometimes have taken at others.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

Anything's purpose is simply what it does, so, from a material standpoint, my "purpose" is literally whatever I am doing at any given time. When I am writing, in that moment, my purpose is to write. When I am making food, my purpose is to make food. &c. &c.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I relate to Wrath a lot, because I'm often indignant, rebellious, and maybe a little cynical. I rarely relate to Pride, because if one wants to improve in a way that matters, they have to admit their mistakes - not just to others, but also their own self, even though it really sucks.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

I'm usually drawn to people who are calm, accommodating, insightful, and rational. People who think for themselves and have vibrant personalities. People who are eager to teach and learn.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

Strange people, for better or worse.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

People who are more concerned with being "cool" than bettering themselves and the world. People who follow real or perceived authority blindly.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

The ability to do or go into something without expectations, ease in practicing self-care.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:

a) Anger

I find that anger is often liberating, and I have the ability to be comfortable with it to a moderately-high degree and use it constructively. It can still be overwhelming sometimes because I don't always express it as it arises.

b) Shame

I feel it often enough, being an abuse survivor and a minority. Sometimes I feel that I am caught between rejecting it and internalizing it. Talking about it too much with non-friends makes me nauseous and, well, ashamed.

c) Fear

Always fighting it, however I can and however I need to at any given time.

d) Love/passion

In romantic relationships, I tend to express my love pragmatically - making sure the other person is okay, has what they need, etc. to the best of my ability. Having a partner is very important to me.

I am a very passionate person, also - I get very into things and I will claw out time and space in my life to pursue my various hobbies if I have to.

e) Conflict

I think some degree is healthy and necessary because it challenges us, it brings things to light that we may not have seen, and it gives us a chance to move forward. There are unproductive, counter-productive ways to engage in conflict, though, and I refuse to play anymore once things go down that route. Been there, done that, trying to move on and do better.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

Belonging, uncertainty, resistance, justice, self-acceptance v. self-consciousness

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I went to school for music and psychology, but due to circumstances was unable to finish. I am currently employed by a large-chain discount clothing retailer (but am on furlough due to the pandemic). I intend to go back to school to study world languages (one of my greatest lifetime passions) and hopefully become either an interpreter or an ESL teacher.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

How their behavior changes with the topic - which topics make them the most talkative and vibrant. How they talk - every aspect of how they use language. Their facial features.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
Sometimes charmed and fascinated, other times frustrated and disappointed. I feel that one of our biggest problems is that we often don't examine and unpack our own beliefs. This leads us to ignore many facts, sometimes including the humanity of those who don't think the same way. I think if we understood our own beliefs better, we could communicate them to others more meaningfully.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Practically any and every art form (especially writing and playing piano), outdoor sporting (ex. hiking, boating, camping), video-gaming, reading in general, music in general, languages, politics, natural sciences...

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

Usually (AKA when my social life doesn't have to be 99% online thanks to the plague), I'll invite 1-3 people to either go someplace with me, or hang out at my place to watch a movie/show and eat together. I like to entertain my friends with music, too. I'm the one to initiate a little over half the time.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions, because unlike actions, words do not have inherent consequences. I still think words are important, though.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

To lose my memories, so I can learn everything over again and do better this time.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

So joyless and disconnected from myself and the people around me that I can't even identify what I want and I end up emotionally and/or materially destroying myself and my loved ones because of it.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I am a very obsessive person, I cannot separate myself from my interests. When I am close with a person, we often end up communicating in layers upon layers of inside jokes, to the point where we practically have our own language. I value my ability to do this, because so much outside of that is often unreliable, inhospitable, and aggravating. Basically, if it weren't for the things and the people I love, the rest of the world would drive me crazy.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I strongly prefer a hard balance when it comes to this sort of thing. I like for there to be structure, but for that structure to be flexible rather than rigid. I make plans, but I make them in sand, not stone (figuratively speaking).

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Comfort is being able to engage with the people and things I enjoy in peace. Comfort is knowing what I can do if something goes wrong. I create comfort by surrounding myself with people who are supportive, and learning as much as I can.

I think you are surely an intuitive type, or perhaps you could be even a pure intuitive type (but thats more an invention of my own XD).

Now, the rest is kind of complicated and I cant really tell. Things seem... mixed.

XenMargolis

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you are surely an intuitive type, or perhaps you could be even a pure intuitive type (but thats more an invention of my own XD).

Now, the rest is kind of complicated and I cant really tell. Things seem... mixed.

Mixed how?
I'm considering ENTP, but I'm hesitant because I've always been told I'm too earnest to have Ti (my Enneagram fixes are all very Fi-ish, though 6, 4, and 1). At the same time, at this point, I'm fairly certain I'm not a Feeling type.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Mixed how?
I'm considering ENTP, but I'm hesitant because I've always been told I'm too earnest to have Ti (my Enneagram fixes are all very Fi-ish, though 6, 4, and 1). At the same time, at this point, I'm fairly certain I'm not a Feeling type.

Sometimes Fi-ish, sometimes being a T, these kinds of things.