• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lust & Limerence

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Soul-shaking, earth-shattering lust is something that grabs hold of you. It's not something you can look for. When it grabs hold of you, there's nothing in the world that isn't worth doing to make it work. It's no longer about pride, dignity, power, influence, control. All it is, is life. It comes along with the natural impetus to be more selfless; to be a better, bigger person. To grow beyond the capacity we thought ourselves capable.

No matter how unrealistic, illogical, nonsensical and impractical a situation may be, a feeling like that is what living is about. It's the difference between living and surviving. It's worth hurting for, fighting for, yearning for, suffering for. It's worth losing sleep over. The roller coaster ride of limerence and obsessions is painful and can make a person want to shut down, pull back, cut contact in darker times; for the sake of sanity. But that would be surviving, not living. I will do everything in my power to embrace the dreams and challenges that bring me to life. Limerence is insanity. But it shows, in these "swan couples," that it's not so insane after all.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\01\05\story_5-1-2009_pg7_16

Seafog

"It's the difference between living and surviving." But everything eventually goes away and you're left empty and anguish inside trying to find anything to dull the pain.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Interesting. How you describe lust involves dynamics that I include in concept of "love" (which is usually accompanied by lust, true).

It's difficult to perceive limerence as you say because it was something that devastated me until I got mentally healthy and then I ceased to experience it.

I agree that human connection is "worth hurting for, fighting for, yearning for, suffering for. It's worth losing sleep over." as you said :)