• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lost In Space

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been watching the new Lost In Space on Netflix. I never watched the original and it doesn't look very interesting, more like kid stuff.

Dr. Smith is a psychopathic female who stole the identity of an emigrant to Alpha Centauri in order to pass security and take the journey to the new planet. Her name is not really Dr. Smith, that is the identity she stole. Somehow the spaceship (called a Jupiter) ended up trillions of miles from its destination (although one of the characters said they were trillions of light-years off course, but I'll forgive the slip up), and crashed on an uninhabited planet but one with Earth gravity, oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere, and plants and animals (what Star Trek would call a Class M planet).

While in a space suit attached to a stratospheric weather balloon, Mrs. Robinson wanted to find out why the planet's sun kept rising at different times, something that could not be explained by a change of seasons. When she turned her space suit to face the sun at a high altitude, the space suit gave an alert: "Alert, Hawking radiation detected."

I'm not sure if Hawking radiation is dangerous, or why and how the space suit was built to detect Hawking radiation.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess some Hawking radiation consists of anti-matter (positrons, antiprotons).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched all 10 episodes, it ended badly. According to the internet I have to wait 1 1/2 years for the next season to being.

SUX!