• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Living with Bipolar

á´…eparted

passages
@Frosty, again I wasn't going to say anything, but considering you are still taking this far too personally, and are continuing to press the issue, and what is at stake here, I am going to speak up again.

To be blunt: Your psychiatrist is an utter quack, and I honestly question the voracity of what you are claiming here due to how egregious this oversight is.

Taking Adderal (amphetamine) and Prozac (Fluoxetine) is dangerous, and no one in their right mind would perscribe this combo, and DEFINITELY not as a "generalized treatment" as it's anything BUT that, and even further definitely not in a situation where there is no formal diagnoses present. Taking those two at the same time can cause life threatining interactions, and can readily be fatal. I am utterly shocked that your visits to other doctors, hospitals, etc (where they will always ask what medications you are taking), have not brought up this serious interaction, or suggested you quit taking them. Even further, Seroquel (quetiapine) would have potential harmful interactions as well, though less severe. This drug combination would be used only in a last ditch nothing else is working after countless tries and other medication attempts.

Based off the symptoms you have explained to have experienced (which are unusual and not typical to what they should be for the labels you have given them), the medications you are taking would do the exact opposite to solving them. It is flabbergasting that they'd be prescribed to you as they have been based off your experience. To the point where I'm wondering if you're even being honest with us here. I really hope you are being honest here, because this is so outlandish that I can hardly bring myself to believe this is true when all of the puzzle pieces are put together.

You need to go to the doctor, TODAY, and get yourself off these two medications, get a new psychiatrist (because whoever prescribed this combo is an utter moronic quack), and I would report them to another doctor and explain what they have done for your situation because this is a potentially serious oversight and potential malpractice situation.

Source: I'm an organic chemist one year out from a PhD.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Alright. Vent told me Im being overly sensitive. Maybe I am- maybe Im not looking at this with the right eyes. Ill delete my last post because- well, it is probably a bit unfair and said more out of anger than I would like it to be.

And [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION].

Im being honest I swear.

image.jpg

image.jpg

But I see a doctor tomorrow for a physical so Ill bring it up. They have really helped me though, besides I mean a few... Kinda scary side effects- My moods have been a lot less negative and extreme and most delusions are gone...

But yes. Will talk to my doctor tomorrow at my appoitnment.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't see the bottle for Adderal, as that in combination with those two is the problem, and THAT needs to be stopped. You need to talk to your doctor about this stuff, and not rely on us and the forums in general to mitigate these problems

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't see the bottle for Adderal, as that in combination with those two is the problem, and THAT needs to be stopped. You need to talk to your doctor about this stuff, and not rely on us and the forums in general to mitigate these problems

Oh took a pic of the wrong one. I have that one too yeah. And

Yes.

But I see a doctor tomorrow for a physical so Ill bring it up. They have really helped me though, besides I mean a few... Kinda scary side effects- My moods have been a lot less negative and extreme and most delusions are gone...

But yes. Will talk to my doctor tomorrow at my appoitnment.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Can you show a picture of this then? It will quell any concerns I or others would have, and allow us to give proper advice.

Sure no problem.

image.jpg

Its got a different kind of bottle because I actually dont generally take it regularly- only if I know I will be busy/aka work or something- so I havent had to get it refilled yet/still schools pharmacy.

But yeah. I generally... Really really try not to lie.

(Not that I am saying you are accusing me of such- I dont feel that/that you are- just saying)

á´…eparted

passages
Thank you.

This is still very concerning as combinding adderal and prozac can cause dangerous interactions that can be fatal. The dosages must be low enough and infrequent enough to not be thought of as a problem, and the seroquel could block the bad interactive effects as well.

Combinding adderal and prozac can also cause psychoais symptoms, hallucinations, and strong aggitation. If you are experiencing those bring them up to your doctor and mention the medications. Again I am not a doctor, but I know enough to be concerned and think it is quite portant to bring up. Having a fever could also be a side effect of the medication that would be very important to mention.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Again I am not a doctor

Source: I'm an organic chemist one year out from a PhD.

She-Doesnt-Mince-Words.gif

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thank you.

This is still very concerning as combinding adderal and prozac can cause dangerous interactions that can be fatal. The dosages must be low enough and infrequent enough to not be thought of as a problem, and the seroquel could block the bad interactive effects as well.

Combinding adderal and prozac can also cause psychoais symptoms, hallucinations, and strong aggitation. If you are experiencing those bring them up to your doctor and mention the medications. Again I am not a doctor, but I know enough to be concerned and think it is quite portant to bring up. Having a fever could also be a side effect of the medication that would be very important to mention.

I will be sure to bring that- and everything else up- with the doctor tomorrow.

I think that... Just with how sudden all the physical stuff has been that it has thrown me a bit for a loop. I mean, the fainting was really really scary. It could be related to the drugs though- and it, with all hope, will be figured out tomorrow-whatever tests needed.

Anyways, again- thank you.

Now, though- if anyone else wants to use this thread to share their own experiences- please feel free to go for it- but it might just be wiser for me to... Take a step away from it.

Because I really really really REALLY dont want to flip out/go crazy/ hurt anyone/do anything wrong. No one deserves to have to deal with me in THAT sort of state- though for now Im pretty darn calm... Still, a strong breeze... Who knows.

Anyways, one more thing. I havent always been like this- and even in real life... I am nowhere near as touchy(unless Im really really tired or in a very rare very bad state) as I am on here- so really... Probably on here at one of the most- well definitely most fucked up states Ive ever been in.

Not an excuse but just... Fact. Im not generally this... Crazy. Anyways. I again feel like its probably time to stop talking if I want to keep with the 'not being bad/a bother' wish.

So anyways. Leave the floor totally open to whatever occurs.