• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Insight into someone’s psyche based on words that appeal to them

math_insanity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will try to give some context as well:

I recently had to set up an account, and, as usually, all was easy until they asked me for a username. I always tend to get stuck at choosing what words to use, since I want the name to fully represent me, to be the embodiment of what I wish to be seen as. And find these words, and not to sound too weird to those I will interact with. (I do think this comes from me having a strong enneagram 4 wing, and Fi in my mbti type). However, while wrinkling my mind to get an answer I came up with this brilliant (I am joking, of course) idea, maybe I could just make a list of all the words that I think resonate with me and then choose a combination of several that sounds well and (hopefully) also makes some sense. I started to do so, and (after I had one full page of words…) I read them and I though, you know… it would be an interesting idea to have such a list from others as well. Maybe this could lead to an insight into their past, personalities and it could serve as a way to get to know someone better, as in some kind of psychoanalysis. What do you think? What would be your list? Does it correlate with your type? (Also, how do you choose usernames?)

Here would be part if my list:
clarity, insight, darkness, purity, detachment, comfort, loneliness, forgiveness, misunderstood, madness, theory, dissociation, improvement, rose, surrealism, objectivity, infinity, spiralling, thread, calm, patience, understanding, warmth, soft, purring, curiosity, refrain, avoidance, darkness, night, cold, falling, drowning, sacrifice, determination, purpose, meaning, depth, fear, commitment, limit, union, fusion, transcendence, yearning, longing…

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
That list has a strong Ni lean.. or is it Ti? Or both?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
My spirits chose this username for me, I just had to figure out what it was.

They gave me clues for what they'd chosen, and I managed to arrive at the right name.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
My list:
Purity, Eradication, Cleansing, Annihilation, Heresy, Coziness, Loveliness, Beauty, Morality, Virtue, Peace, Quietness, Abundance, Nutrition, Health, Art, Creativity, Certainty, Reliability, Technology, Progress, Snow, Cloudiness, Cool (as in temperature), Hatred, Future, Butchering, Slaughter, Punishment, Torture, Happiness, Love, Books, Music

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I will try to give some context as well:

I recently had to set up an account, and, as usually, all was easy until they asked me for a username. I always tend to get stuck at choosing what words to use, since I want the name to fully represent me, to be the embodiment of what I wish to be seen as. And find these words, and not to sound too weird to those I will interact with. (I do think this comes from me having a strong enneagram 4 wing, and Fi in my mbti type). However, while wrinkling my mind to get an answer I came up with this brilliant (I am joking, of course) idea, maybe I could just make a list of all the words that I think resonate with me and then choose a combination of several that sounds well and (hopefully) also makes some sense. I started to do so, and (after I had one full page of words…) I read them and I though, you know… it would be an interesting idea to have such a list from others as well. Maybe this could lead to an insight into their past, personalities and it could serve as a way to get to know someone better, as in some kind of psychoanalysis. What do you think? What would be your list? Does it correlate with your type? (Also, how do you choose usernames?)

Here would be part if my list:
clarity, insight, darkness, purity, detachment, comfort, loneliness, forgiveness, misunderstood, madness, theory, dissociation, improvement, rose, surrealism, objectivity, infinity, spiralling, thread, calm, patience, understanding, warmth, soft, purring, curiosity, refrain, avoidance, darkness, night, cold, falling, drowning, sacrifice, determination, purpose, meaning, depth, fear, commitment, limit, union, fusion, transcendence, yearning, longing…
That's interesting to say the list (pun unintended). Not quite sure but probably I'll make one. I can relate but to a certain extent. (Oh, that?)

If I were to make one, I'll post it here below. But if else, I really don't know:

solitude, sloth, detachment, utilization, theoretical, practice, void, essence, veracity, deceitfulness, passive, winter, cunning, usefulness, productivity, process, creativity, innovation, pseudo, analytical, freedom, tranquility, argument, control, experiment, vanity, time, linear, deductive, conclusive, indifferent, integrity, exchange, device, self, persona, scientific, deconstruction, civilization, democratic, development, society, participation, activity, synthesis, language, experience, model, craft, majority, business, population, traumatic, irrational, desire, reclusive, underhanded, motives, achievements, observation, recognition, cold, nihilism, fear, algorithm...

To choose the usernames, I usually had to combine the paradoxical perception of self to be arbitrarily implemented, or if else, just anything that doesn't seem to be off. For instance, this "CertainlySkeptic" was meant to be the fusion between the state of skepticism and absolutism that is both certain and uncertain.