• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think Anais Nin is an ENTP type 2w3.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
When reading her diaries I noticed her obsession with being generous and good to others and nonviolent and kind and her creation of image of a good/nice/kind person. She also has an ambitious side (wing 3) which manifests itself with her striving to be a writer.
She's well known for being a host for local bohemian and for extensively supporting struggling artists like Henry Miller.
I think the end of Henry & June and the beginning of Incest have shown her disintegrating to 8 due to her intensive competition/affair with June Miller and at the end of Henry & June her thought processes were becoming increasingly deranged and aggressive.

yeghor

When reading her diaries I noticed her obsession with being generous and good to others and nonviolent and kind and her creation of image of a good/nice/kind person. She also has an ambitious side (wing 3) which manifests itself with her striving to be a writer.
She's well known for being a host for local bohemian and for extensively supporting struggling artists like Henry Miller.
I think the end of Henry & June and the beginning of Incest have shown her disintegrating to 8 due to her intensive competition/affair with June Miller and at the end of Henry & June her thought processes were becoming increasingly deranged and aggressive.

"Against this background, evidence drawn from Nin's diaries, short stories and two biographies suggests that she conformed to the diagnostic criteria of histrionic personality disorder (HPD), with comorbid borderline and narcissistic features, and numerous Axis I symptoms."

At one point she were married to two men at the same time unbeknownst to the men and had to keep files of stories/excuses she told to each so that she could keep track of them.

"Anaïs Nin’s Psychoanalysis -A Literary Journey: When I read about Anaïs Nin’s psychoanalysis in her diary from 1931 to 1934, I initially thought that this woman was incredibly fascinating, a true pre-feminist rebel goddess: artistic, intelligent, creative, funny, beautiful, exotic. She had wonderful friends and a rich life full of passion and creativity. After a little closer inspection, I started feeling both sorry for her and tired of her. Her endless self-centeredness, long and rambling descriptions of her own marvelous mental landscape, and of relationships that are ultimately not relationships – they have only one party. Anaïs."

Furthermore, below quotes suggests to me she might be a Fe-dom type. She doesn't seem to be a tradionalist and does not possess a conventional beauty so maybe she was an ENFJ. I can see her being an enneagram 3w2 instead whereas most sites seem to type her as an enneagram 4 and an INFP. Yet, she doesn't come across to me as an introvert, she was too mobile and active/gregarious to be an introvert. Her aggressiveness you mentioned as reverting to 8 could also be explained in MBTI as her/ENFJ reverting to tertiary Se function under stress.

I would expect ENFJs to give more precedence to being admired for their persona than their physical beauty, so she must've desired others to love/desire her for her mind/persona rather than her body. Haven't read her works enough to verify if that applies to her or not.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked her erotic stories when I was 17. She’s a bit of a navel gazer though.

yeghor

Her body language reminds me of Alan Watts for some reason. Google search suggests Watts is typed as enneagram 4 and an xNFP.

I think he might also be an ENFJ, considering he started as a priest and then moved on to become a spiritual new age guru of some sorts. I think Fe-dom are inclined to surround themselves with admirers/followers/lovers.

Watts in turn reminds me of Yanni. People seem to be divided over INFJ and ENFJ as Yanni's type.

His focus on love suggests to me he is rather a Feeler dominant type, a social-oriented one at that, implying a Fe-dominant type.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Her body language reminds me of Alan Watts for some reason. Google search suggests Watts is typed as enneagram 4 and an xNFP.

I think he might also be an ENFJ, considering he started as a priest and then moved on to become a spiritual new age guru of some sorts. I think Fe-dom are inclined to surround themselves with admirers/followers/lovers.

Watts in turn reminds me of Yanni. People seem to be divided over INFJ and ENFJ as Yanni's type.

His focus on love suggests to me he is rather a Feeler dominant type, a social-oriented one at that, implying a Fe-dominant type.

I left a rep about Yanni.

I also read Watts a lot at about 17. I wonder if NFJ literature in particular holds appeal to young people who are in the process of discovering their identities or “finding their place”?

wish I could say I ever found my place.

yeghor

I left a rep about Yanni.

I also read Watts a lot at about 17. I wonder if NFJ literature in particular holds appeal to young people who are in the process of discovering their identities or “finding their place”?

wish I could say I ever found my place.
I noticed people focused on love also like authors such as Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Paulo Coelho, Jose Mauro De Vasconcelos, all from South America. Must have something to do with the South American (Latino) culture.

yeghor

A younger photo of Alan Watts. Looks quite different than his guru self.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
"Against this background, evidence drawn from Nin's diaries, short stories and two biographies suggests that she conformed to the diagnostic criteria of histrionic personality disorder (HPD), with comorbid borderline and narcissistic features, and numerous Axis I symptoms."

At one point she were married to two men at the same time unbeknownst to the men and had to keep files of stories/excuses she told to each so that she could keep track of them.
That's something that someone who is a strong Ti user and has Si would do. She was tactical, knew she has to be consistent and knew that she needs assistance to keep up with with the facts.

Her actual stories outside of diaries and erotica are highly polished with elaborate writing. Also, I sort of find them unreadable. From the beginning of Collages:
Out of guilt she buried the actress. It was only much later she discovered that her father had long been ill, that she had not been told, and that it was not this scene which had brought on the first symptoms of a weak heart.

In every relationship, sooner or later, there is a court scene. Accusations, counter-accusations, a trial, a verdict.

In this scene with her father, Renate condemned the actress to death thinking that her guilt came from opposing his will. It was only later that she became aware that this had not been a trial between father and daughter.

Renate’s eyes were sea green and tumultuous like a reduction of the sea itself. When they seemed about to overflow with emotion, her laughter would flutter like windchimes and form a crystal bowl to contain the turquoise waters as if in an aquarium, and then her eyes became scenes of Venice, canals of reflections, and gold specks swam in them like gondolas. Her long black hair was swept away from her face into a knot at the top of her head, then fell over her shoulders.

Renate’s father built telescopes and microscopes, so that for a long time Renate did not know the exact size of anything. She had only seen them diminutive or magnified.
I think the elaborate metaphors are a Ne + Ti thing or something.

In person she's cold, even though she has aware mouth (Fe), indicating she's a Thinker with Ti.

She also considers herself to be "masculine" which in that context means being a Thinker.

yeghor

That's something that someone who is a strong Ti user and has Si would do. She was tactical, knew she has to be consistent and knew that she needs assistance to keep up with with the facts.

Her actual stories outside of diaries and erotica are highly polished with elaborate writing. Also, I sort of find them unreadable. From the beginning of Collages:

I think the elaborate metaphors are a Ne + Ti thing or something.

In person she's cold, even though she has aware mouth (Fe), indicating she's a Thinker with Ti.

She also considers herself to be "masculine" which in that context means being a Thinker.
An ENFJ has tert-Se and inf-Ti making an ESTP, if Nin was handling multiple lovers at the same time, that sounds like an ESTP con-person behaviour. ESTPs are so good at it however, they can swindle just on reflex.

An ENFJ trying to act like an ESTP would however be much less natural at it and need to keep notes so as not to botch.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Little Birds and Delta Venus were pretty much my first contact with written erotica. I think I was 16 when I got them. I remember going to a mall near my first high school and buying them after reading in them a magazine. Back then I haven't read her diaries. I think they weren't in sale back then.
I have read some of her censored diary back around 2003 but that's it.
Then I saw a new edition of her diaries in hard cover with her photo on them somewhere around 2017 or 2018. I got all the diaries. But then after I started reading the first tome, I learned about uncensored versions. So I bought Henry & June and Incest. I got through Henry & June, feeling increasingly sick and disturbed and then after I started reading Incest I sold all the hardbacks and Incest and pretty much stopped being a fan of her.