• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Essence of People

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1) What is the essence?

Hard to answer, and it probably means different things to different people. But, when I get to know someone's essence, it's usually a core behavior or pattern of behavior, or need, or appreciation that guides their major life decisions as well as the smaller decisions. One friend I have is a preserver. She preserves memories, books, experiences, people. She works as a librarian. I consider myself an observer and jester.

2) How it could be missing?

It's never missing, but it could be hard to see.

3) How can you find it if it isn't there?

Either seeing it in yourself or others involves connecting to your situation as it is now, however unsatisfactory. Once you practice that that, your mind opens up and you can be intimate with people. All it takes is intimacy and perspective.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The essence of Edahn is deep sky blue.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
lolz

FFN9MRCF4KSGF5A.MEDIUM.jpg

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
This is really interesting.

I'm sitting here trying to find the words to further describe what I want to say but there are none. :sad:

I'll say it this way...I have a friend, and we have been friends for almost two years and when i first met her, I thought she was nice. She was happy and friendly and funny, etc. But, deep inside I felt it was fake and that she could not be trusted. So I decided to keep away from her. But, we worked together everyday and eventually she started asking me to hang out with her and I did. So that's how we became friends.

Anyway, my gut feeling proved to be correct. While I have never really shared anything of importance with her, other mutual friends have and she doesn't hesitate to tell anyone. She doesn't hesitate to steal a boyfriends. she's basically not trustworthy, just what I thought.

Why I'm still "friends" with her is a different story...But that is one way I am able determine people's essence.

Another way, is when I met my ISTJ. I could NOT sense anything about him really. When i am not able to get people, it makes me curious about them, but not uncomfortable because I know it's there, just hidden. So I started asking questions (which I COULD tell annoyed him, but it helped me). Eventually from his body language, and the kind of questions he asked me, and really just after he began to relax a teeny tiny spec, his essence was able to present itself and I was able to get an image of who he was.

I bet none of that made sense:huh:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I wonder what an actor would say. They play around with these things for a living. Would they say it is about what is shown and what left out? Do they mimic the essence or do they live it? Is the essence just another viewpoint to a greater whole that can be understood? Do we have a big picture of what humanity is about and we all just reflect a small portion of it, but can recognize much larger part of it?

Can it ever be written down and categorized? It's there so why not...