• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dennis Rader

Hypatia

Alexander Anderson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Evil to the core. INTJ 5w4 1w9 3w2 sx/so

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Known as the BTK killer
His last confirmed kill in 1991, by 2004 his crimes were considered cold cases, but he got active again seemingly because he didnt wish to be forgotten.​

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He always gave me ISTJ vibes, personally. :shrug:

His arrest was hilarious. He communicated w/law enforcement through the newspaper, thinking he was clever like the noir/crime comics he'd read growing up, speaking in 'code' that nearly anyone with half a brain could interpret. He'd asked LE if they could figure out who he was if he were to send them a floppy disk - to which of course they'd assured him, "nah bro, you're good."

Floppy disk metadata traced back to his church computer, where he was the last & most frequent user. DNA from his daughter's pap in college linked him directly to the crimes.

In the interrogation room, he expressed hurt feelings over the cops lying to him about being unable to trace him through the floppy disk. Just a total loser. Because he's such a vile human, I love that this humiliating case detail is widely available, as it flies in the face of all his self grandiosity (he still tries to correspond with journalists in 'code' from prison like he's some brilliant Hannibal Lecter. Riiiiiight). Word-Scrambles on the backs of cereal boxes are more complex than this asshat.

The Cat

Staff member

His arrest was hilarious. He communicated w/law enforcement through the newspaper, thinking he was clever like the noir/crime comics he'd read growing up, speaking in 'code' that nearly anyone with half a brain could interpret. He'd asked LE if they could figure out who he was if he were to send them a floppy disk - to which of course they'd assured him, "nah bro, you're good."

Floppy disk metadata traced back to his church computer, where he was the last & most frequent user. DNA from his daughter's pap in college linked him directly to the crimes.

In the interrogation room, he expressed hurt feelings over the cops lying to him about being unable to trace him through the floppy disk. Just a total loser. Because he's such a vile human, I love that this humiliating case detail is widely available, as it flies in the face of all his self grandiosity (he still tries to correspond with journalists in 'code' from prison like he's some brilliant Hannibal Lecter. Riiiiiight).
His wife got an emergency divorce. His eldest daughter still corresponds with him. This guy lived such a double life. His daughter still struggles to reconcile that the man she knew as dad was potentially just one mood swing away from making her is into a was in the worst ways.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His wife got an emergency divorce. His eldest daughter still corresponds with him. This guy lived such a double life. His daughter still struggles to reconcile that the man she knew as dad was potentially just one mood swing away from making her is into a was in the worst ways.
Yeah, I can't imagine the cognitive dissonance, knowing your dad committed such horrific acts - especially the ones on the Otero children (daughter in particular). He compartmentalized that aspect of himself fairly well, though iirc the daughter did note he had a bad temper, at times/choked her brother, I believe. I think as of last year the daughter is collaborating w/law enforcement to extract info from her dad about other potential crimes he might have been involved in, as well.

The Cat

Staff member
Yeah, I can't imagine the cognitive dissonance, knowing your dad committed such horrific acts - especially the ones on the Otero children (daughter in particular). He compartmentalized that aspect of himself fairly well, though iirc the daughter did note he had a bad temper, at times/choked her brother, I believe. I think as of last year the daughter is collaborating w/law enforcement to extract info from her dad about other potential crimes he might have been involved in, as well.
Everybody thought he was super strict because he was such an upright religious man. A red forman type of man. The kind of dad you saw on television or in the movies. Their life she said, was just that kind of television normal. Personally to me that would be the biggest sign there was something wrong in the house.

KitchenFly

Hypatia you have typed him as a INTJ 5w4 1w9 3w2 sx/so I disagree but I do agree with two components 3w2 and INTJ as being part of his type.

That was a difficult puzzle to unravel it took me close to four hours. He is very aloof by nature. And very complex but quite simple to understand once all the puzzle pieces found their place. About halfway though I felt like I was chasing my tail I had to go to the extent of working out a correlation between his two auxiliary wings and his four quadrants of his hole brain thinking type.

First, I started with identifying his dominant Hole Brain Thing quadrant type and I identified him to be an A type.

I can't believe how difficult he was to type. His psychometrics is very complex. So complex that it will be difficult to explain all the components I had to work though identifying in order to gain the global picture and basic understanding of the workings of his psychometrics as a type.

Supper complex. So many things going on in his structure that even out his temperament and reinforce an aloof disguise. He was able to mask and control his point of decoration and quite easily conceal and control its mental input and output activity. He also had a complex relationship between both wings that tied into extensive links with his Tri type via lines of interaction between parts of the larger working structure of his type,

His core Instinctual variant energy point is sheared with his enneagram core energy point which was another layer of complexity that needed to be understood.

It's easy to think of thinking as being like one frequency but thinking has several frequencies and he had more than one frequency of thinking going on. I'm not a scalar so there may be better language to describe more than one frequency of thinking going on. So, in a way I get why you thought or think he is an INTJ. INTJ are complex thinkers but not all complex thinkers are INTJ's. I get why you think 3w4's ability to test and measure is in play within Dennis Rader because Dennis Rader is aloof in expressing the complexity of his inner subjective logic that his personality is mildly tempered in a way that portrays him as a thinker within the Thinking Triad.

But he is not a thinking triad type in my opinion he is an A type relating triad type with a SP Instinct. My analysis of Dennis Rader is a type One. The core of Sp/So shears point one he is a double one A type. That's three layers of logical lead thinking. Because many things in the enneagram work in threes it's easy to misread energy without having broken an energy into it constituent parts.

But the complexity in play is even larger, First let me show the basic structure of the 1w2. And then I will shear my full typing of Dennis Rader.

One with two-wing.
Sub-type: one with two-wing; ESTJ
Auxiliary wing: two with three-wing; ISFJ (agenda focused)
Second wing: nine with eight-wing; INFJ (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: four with three-wing; ENFP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: seven with eight-wing; ENTJ

Dennis Rader - ESTJ 1w2 Sp/So 1w2 3w2 6w5 A type (1121 A type)

His auxiliary wing: two with three-wing; ISFJ (agenda focused) and Second wing: nine with eight-wing; INFJ (mood focused) are indirectly linked because two with three-wing; ISFJ's Point of stress/disintegration is eight with seven-wing; ESTP and eight with seven-wing; ESTP Second wing is nine with one-wing; INFP (mood focused) His core one energy
Second wing is nine with eight-wing; INFJ (mood focused). Point nine for Dennis Rader is balanced uniquely the temperament of his mood is evened out and controlled and that is linked with his A type energy and SP energy. Sp energy is linked with Point: 6 via the trinary of the Supper ego structure (points 1, 2 and 6). But the complexity it doesn't stop there.

Dennis Rader core point energy is point-one. Type one is linked to point four. Dennis Rader Auxiliary wing is also linked to point four. One with two-wing link is Point of Integration/Neurosis: seven with eight-wing; ENTJ and Dennis Rader Auxiliary wing: two with three-wing; ISFJ (agenda focused) the Two with three wing Point of Integration/Neurosis component is four with three-wing; ENFP. So, Dennis Rader point-four has a unique thing going on and point four integrates to point one 4w3 ENFP Point of Integration/Neurosis is one with two-wing; ESTJ.

Dennis Rader has these unique triangular structures within the working of his psychometrics.

Remember I stated 3w2 is in his tri type and 6w5 well 3w2's point of stress/disintegration is 9w1 INFP and 6w5 INTJ Point of Integration/Neurosis is 9w1 INFP, another triangle and this triangle involves the multiplicity between points 3 and 6. 3w2 Point of Integration/Neurosis is 6w5 INTJ and 6w5 INTJ Point of stress/disintegration is 3w2 ISTJ.

This is probably getting way too complex for you and other readers these inner working is active with Dennis Rader psychometrics, and they help to understand his type-structure.

Another interesting component is the four quadrants within his hole brain thinking pattern. I estimate that he is a 1121 and I think his ambidexters ability to utilise both wings are due to is 9w8 (mood) being linked to both quadrants B and D and is 2w3 wing being linked to both quadrants A and C. This was important component to recognise and helped in recognising Dennis Rader as being a type one 1w2.

Being a serial killer mast take a lot of ability to control certain mechanics within mind. I suspect points four and nine and two were active in his imagination and planning.

There is much more I could say and much I discovered that I have not said. I did screen print capture some interesting moment when his wings were active and instinct and core energy was active. I believe Dennis Rader utilised his A type energy strongly and his 1121 as a discipline to keep in order his six instinctual variants and nine energies. His tri type was a big factor to. But his usage of his wings kind of amazed me it took some time to finally see them in action.

People who he worked with, did describe him as being a perfectionist and somewhat punitive and vengeful. He seemed to me to be also somewhat in search of highly-ness and to be noted. I must admit he is quite the chameleon he utilised his feeling triad really well to fit in and muffle his identity. His tri type is strong.

And note how he trimmed his eyebrows as if he was practising stage craft. His 2w3 ISFJ was/is cunning.

His guilt and shame for killing his Nabour his tenth victim led to him seeking to be captured I believe. I suspect much of what he lacked in psychometric balance she had and that weighed on his conscience and lead him to through the game to the favour of the police catching him.

Screenshot (138).png

Screenshot (143).png

Screenshot (144).png
Screenshot (134).png
Screenshot (135).png

Screenshot (137).png

- Feeling at the Instinctual level Points one and two. Self Preservation Instinct.

- Thinking at the Instinctual level Points four and five. Sexual Instinct.

- Sensing at the Instinctual level Points seven and eight. Social Instinct.

The 18 egoic mind set's.

The Feeling Triad

Two with one wing.
Subtype: two with one-wing; ENFJ
Auxiliary wing: one with nine-wing; ExTJ (Ambidextrous S and N) (agenda focused)
Second/wing: three with two-wing; ISTJ (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: eight with nine-wing; ESFJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: four with five-wing; ENTP

Two with three wing.
Subtype: two with three-wing; ISFJ
Auxiliary wing: three with four-wing; ISTP (agenda focused)
Second wing: one with nine-wing; ESTJ (agenda focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: eight with seven-wing; ESTP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: four with three-wing; ENFP

Three with two wing.
Subtype: three with two-wing; ISTJ
Auxiliary wing: two with one-wing; ENFJ (agenda)
Second wing: four with three-wing; ENFP (mood focused)
Subsidiary wing: one with two-wing; ESTJ
Subsidiary wing: five with Six-wing; INxP (Ambidextrous T and F)
Point of stress/disintegration: nine with one-wing; INFP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: six with five-wing; INTJ

Three with four wing.
Subtype: three with four-wing; ISTP
Auxiliary wing: four with-five-wing; ENTP (agenda)
Second wing: two with three-wing; ISFJ (mood)
Subsidiary wing: five with four-wing; INTP
Subsidiary wing: one with nine-wing; ExTJ (Ambidextrous S and N)
Point of stress/disintegration: nine with eight-wing; INFJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: six with seven-wing; ISFP

Four with three wing.
Subtype: four with three-wing; ENFP
Auxiliary/wing: three with two-wing; ISTJ (agenda focused)
Second/wing: five with four-wing; INTP (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: two with three-wing; ISFJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: one with two-wing; ESTJ

Four with five wing.
Subtype: four with five-wing; ENTP
Auxiliary wing: five with six-wing; INxP (Ambidextrous T and F) (agenda focused)
Second wing: three with four-wing; ISTP (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: two with one-wing; ENFJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: one with nine-wing; ExTJ (Ambidextrous S and N)

The Doing Triad/Thinking Triad

Five with four-wing.
Subtype: five with four-wing; INTP
Auxiliary wing: four with three-wing; ENFP (agenda focused)
Second wing: six with five-wing; INTJ (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: seven with six-wing; ESFP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: eight with nine-wing; ESFJ

Five with six-wing.
Subtype: five with six-wing; INxP (Ambidextrous T and F)
Auxiliary wing: six with seven-wing; ISFP (agenda focused)
Second wing: eight with nine-wing; ENTP (Mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: seven with eight-wing; ENTJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: eight with seven-wing; ESTP

Six with five-wing.
Subtype: six with five-wing; INTJ
Auxiliary wing: five with four-wing; INTP (agenda focused)
Second wing: seven with six-wing; ESFP (mood focused)
Subsidiary wing: four with three-wing; ENFP
Subsidiary wing: eight with nine-wing; ESFJ
Point of stress/disintegration: three with two-wing; ISTJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: nine with one-wing; INFP

Six with seven-wing.
Subtype: six with seven-wing; ISFP
Auxiliary wing: seven with eight-wing; ENTJ (agenda focused)
Second wing: five with six-wing; INFTP (mood focused)
Subsidiary wing: four with five-wing; ENTP
Subsidiary wing: eight with seven-wing; ESTP
Point of stress/disintegration: three with four-wing; ISTP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: nine with eight-wing; INFJ

Seven with six-wing.
Subtype: seven with six-wing; ESFP
Auxiliary wing: six with five-wing; INTJ (agenda focused)
Second wing: eight with nine-wing; ESTP (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: one with nine-wing; ExTJ (Ambidextrous S and N)
Point of Integration/Neurosis: five with four-wing; INTP

Seven with eight-wing.
Subtype: seven with eight wing; ENTJ
Auxiliary wing: eight with nine wing; ESFJ (agenda focused)
Second wing: six with seven-wing; ISFP (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: one with two wing; ESTJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: five with six wing; INxP(Ambidextrous T and F)

The Relating Triad/Instinctive Triad

Eight with seven-wing.
Subtype: eight with seven-wing; ESTP
Auxiliary wing: seven with six-wing; ESFP (agenda focused)
Second wing: nine with one-wing; INFP (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: five with six-wing; INxP (Ambidextrous T and F)
Point of Integration/Neurosis: two with three-wing; ISFJ

Eight with nine-wing.
Subtype: eight with nine-wing; ESFJ
Auxiliary wing: nine with-eight; INFJ (agenda focused)
Second wing: eight with nine-wing; ENTJ (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: five with four-wing; INTP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: two with one-wing; ENFJ

Nine with eight-wing.
Sub-type: nine with eight-wing; INFJ
Auxiliary wing: eight with seven-wing; ESTP (agenda focused)
Second wing: one with nine-wing; ESNTJ (mood focused)
Subsidiary wing: seven with eight-wing; ENTJ
Subsidiary wing: two with three-wing; ISFJ
Point of stress/disintegration: six with seven-wing; ISFP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: three with four-wing; ISTP

Nine with one-wing.
Subtype: nine with one-wing; INFP
Auxiliary wing: one with two-wing; ESTJ (agenda focused)
Second wing: eight with nine-wing; ESFJ (mood focused)
Subsidiary wing: two with one-wing; ENFJ
Subsidiary wing: seven with six-wing; ESFP
Point of stress/disintegration: six with five-wing; INTJ
Point of Integration/Neurosis: three with two-wing; ISTJ

One with nine-wing.
Subtype: one with nine-wing; ExTJ (Ambidextrous S and N)
Auxiliary wing: nine with one-wing; INFP (agenda focused)
Second wing: two with one-wing; ENFJ (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: four with five-wing; ENTP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: seven with six-wing; ESFP

One with two-wing.
Sub-type: one with two-wing; ESTJ
Auxiliary wing: two with three-wing; ISFJ (agenda focused)
Second wing: nine with eight-wing; INFJ (mood focused)
Point of stress/disintegration: four with three-wing; ENFP
Point of Integration/Neurosis: seven with eight-wing; ENTJ

Mark Anthony Rockliff 9w1 INFP Sx/Sp/So 1221 D type.

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
You cant convince that this guy wasnt just watching Kurtwood Smith movies in the 80's planning out his little power fantasies.
Red Foreman would have called him a Dumbass.​

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, it was pretty sad that he was such a fuckwit after building up that enigmatic legend of BTK. In the end, he ended up being a mostly average, thick-headed, crusty, mean-tempered incompetent thug. If anything could dash the "glamour" our culture puts on the mythic world of serial killing, this would be it. Kind of unbelievable he didn't realize how a 3.5" disk worked. Rather than being someone special as he considered himself, he's at best mediocre.

In the interrogation room, he expressed hurt feelings over the cops lying to him about being unable to trace him through the floppy disk.
Getting back to Breaking Bad -- "Oh yeah, cops aren't allowed to lie, so just ask me if I am a cop and I have to tell you the truth." Badger: Uh, okay! *cops arrest him*

The Cat

Staff member
Yeah, it was pretty sad that he was such a fuckwit after building up that enigmatic legend of BTK. In the end, he ended up being a mostly average, thick-headed, crusty, mean-tempered incompetent thug. If anything could dash the "glamour" our culture puts on the mythic world of serial killing, this would be it. Kind of unbelievable he didn't realize how a 3.5" disk worked. Rather than being someone special as he considered himself, he's at best mediocre.

Getting back to Breaking Bad -- "Oh yeah, cops aren't allowed to lie, so just ask me if I am a cop and I have to tell you the truth." Badger: Uh, okay! *cops arrest him*
Also, why would the cops not lie to you if you're a serial killer, that is some Patrick Hoffstedder level crazy right there.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, why would the cops not lie to you if you're a serial killer, that is some Patrick Hoffstedder level crazy right there.

He genuinely thought the cops enjoyed this (in his mind, anyway) "elaborate cat & mouse" dynamic as much as he did - he believed that they wouldn't want it to end, either. Like the Joker/Batman, or something. Just another emotionally stunted delusion of grandeur.

Like the kids say. ...Cringe.

This dork gave himself his own criminal nickname. No one else does that!!

Ok except maybe Marv...

sticky-bandits-home-alone2.gif

That's one of the reasons I avoid using Rader's moniker... if the cultural glam-factor w/nicknames weren't enough, secondhand embarrassment certainly is.

Most of the legendary status was concocted in his own mind I think, more than it ever played out in real life. I mean, of course people died horribly, and there was media coverage increasing panic, and he would leave hints for cops, but all of it was so cartoonishly similar to his comic books. This is all disturbing, but the effect isn't the one he'd hoped for, in the end. He's a little man with some closeted kinks and a pathological need for to be seen as powerful. A giant control-freak and bumbling dork who killed people.

Aw, poor Badger. :laugh:

KitchenFly

You cant convince that this guy wasnt just watching Kurtwood Smith movies in the 80's planning out his little power fantasies.
Red Foreman would have called him a Dumbass.​
Yes, it's an interesting thought. That was a very powerful representation of the shadow side of the human mind. Once a person gives free licence to their shadow side people can become creatively destructive and Kurtwood smith gave us a masterclass in actualising this in film. I am presuming that's the actor's name. There are so many things going in that portal of a psycho having a fun day while seeking to make a dollar. The gut hart and head seem to work hand in hand with the three instinctual energies and the possesses of the enneagram of processes.

Egoic mind set, Points 9 to 1 to 2 to 3 to point four. The enneagram line between point one and seven at the instinctual level seems to be engaged. And the line between point five and eight also seems to be engaged justifying actions.

Psycho
  • A person who is mentally or emotionally unsound or unstable, often resulting in dangerous or violent behaviour.
It seems they are running a mutated usage of the enneagram of processes. Maybe this has something to do with attitude and how attitude is held in place. As if a dual action is taking place between the actual process and the manipulated process the individual uses to transfix their attitude that supports their behaviours. Creativity and instinctual energy seem to go hand in hand at least to gain acceptance and alliance from teammates in the same game.

The personal triangles at the instinctive level also seem to be engaged in this case between points one seven and fours porting an anti-alliance against the proactive endeavours of the teamwork triangle of points two five and eight. The word corruption pops into mind. But I don't want to go down a rabbit hole in that direction. Hidden complete that things are not fair at the personal level can lead to a justification for rebellion and rebellious behaviour.

Kurtwood smith actualises a controlled tantum well. He is a believable actor he only once failed to emanate hid depiction of the curator he was portraying because I suspect in the moment the phycology needed for the emotion needed was not within his own true character. Kurtwood smith is a fine role play performance actor.

That type, do you think Kurtwood smith is? @The Cat