User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default My Type... Good question.

Ive been struggling with MBTI and feel like I am in a 'greyzone' of type. So far its mainly T vs F and it may be due to adolescence, since the amygdala (seat of the emotion) is used more often to make decisions in my agegroup than the frontal lobe (Seat of logic).

I have some bias though. T just looks plain, or at least not vibrant. It would be a pencil/charcoal painting while F would be watercolor or acrylic with many bright and dark colors. I have both F and T friends but recognize the F's struggles (Mainly their relationships and stories of being closed hearted in the past)

Here's some other stuff offhand.

-I enjoy English classes and writing and write nonfiction for the newspaper. I'm great at describing a scene in fiction and find just following the story instead of planning it helps a lot.
    -I also enjoy playing and listening to music, I dont care about the genre if I like how it sounds at the time. I like hybrid type music like Smooth Jazz (Herbie Hancock) or Industrial Metal (Turmion Katilot)
    -Poor memory, at least I can never think of things on purpose unless its important or in the short term
    -I have a liberal sense of humor and get in trouble for coming off as a creeper or racist. I can suddenly laugh easily.
    -I come off as cute to people (Two in particular, they both seem to be xNFP) and it makes me feel fuzzy inside from it. :'>
    -I want a cat baaad but I have to wait for our current pet to kick the bucket first.
    -I'm Dungeon Master in a little Dungeons and Dragons group I host at my parents'. I treat it the same as a story (And basically let the players do most of the work, its great )
    -I dont really have a strong sense of self yet. Striving for a MBTI type might be a symptom I guess.
    -I like horror books and horror games. (Stephen King is my favorite author and Bioshock is my favorite videogame)
    -When writing a report I brainstorm plan with an outline then turn it into paragraph form. Its really for me to know if I have enough information and have good flow (I write haphazardly - my notes have a lot in the margins)
    -I can be a total goofball or I can be the silent type.
    -I want to understand people on a deeper level, but from what I readon the NF Idyllic, I really dont have that high sensitivity to people inside. I feel more like a closed off INFP than an INTP (I can get math in spurts but otherwise I dont like anything beyond algebra)
    -I like to draw, and when I draw it can be very meticulous, trying to get each shape just right.
    -I like to get things done right the first time and -hate- to correct myself. Its a struggle to reread my own work.

I guess that's enough for now

MBTI
    ENTP

Do you draw for somehow expressing your feelings or do you prefer drawing things that you like?
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I draw usually with some idea in my mind, rarely expressing feelings although I did very well painting 'broken hearted' as an emotion for an art class. Otherwise it is mostly just ideas I come up with. Such as a stickman buried under a pile of playing cards or an alien.

I cannot do full realism with a subject. I would rather grab a camera and fiddle with the image settings than draw it. I love abstract drawing.

I don't really draw emotions.

-----
    New things:
    I find that I can understand a person, at least vaguely, through their writing/typing. Types give a 'vibe' in their writing.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not very sure on the matter, but I think a T is more prone to draw with the mind more than with the heart.
    I had the initial doubt of T/F, too. It seems it's very prone with INPs, since being a T doesn't exclude you from feelings and F can think too. The tie-breaker is hard to find, but in the end, you are the one who must really know which one you are. Read all the INFP and INTP profiles you find, and try to see which one appeals you the most.
    Anyway, the drawing thing gives me more the impression of a T.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

The INFP profiles I've read (And reread...) appeal to me the most, though I may be fooling myself.

What I really see is that sometimes I really feel into with Fi and then suddenly flip to Ti on a different day.

I'll just see how it goes, but all I know is that I cant be anything close to a 'pure' anything.

Thanks for the help, though! I've been needing someone with MBTI knowledge to help out here.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think I got it. Grudgingly at least.

INTP is probably my type the best. I dont feel emotions or memories from music like my NF friends do, I get a 'vibe' (Which is in the INTP profiles in that they can feel the atmosphere very well).

I want to be an INFP. I would rather be comfortable around lots of emotion than comfortable with little of it. And getting to know people is something I want to do. Maybe just from loneliness? I don't know.

I'll see what happens.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I dont feel emotions or memories from music like my NF friends do, I get a 'vibe'.
    INTJ!

MBTI
    ENTP

INTP is probably my type the best. I dont feel emotions or memories from music like my NF friends do, I get a 'vibe' (Which is in the INTP profiles in that they can feel the atmosphere very well).
    I'm an NT and I don't get emotional over music but I do associate memories with certain songs. But it didn't start to happen until my 20s, after I had been in a relationship and lived a little. If you are pretty young that could be why.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ

Ive been struggling with MBTI and feel like I am in a 'greyzone' of type. So far its mainly T vs F and it may be due to adolescence, since the amygdala (seat of the emotion) is used more often to make decisions in my agegroup than the frontal lobe (Seat of logic).

I have some bias though. T just looks plain, or at least not vibrant. It would be a pencil/charcoal painting while F would be watercolor or acrylic with many bright and dark colors. I have both F and T friends but recognize the F's struggles (Mainly their relationships and stories of being closed hearted in the past)

Here's some other stuff offhand.

-I enjoy English classes and writing and write nonfiction for the newspaper. I'm great at describing a scene in fiction and find just following the story instead of planning it helps a lot.
    -I also enjoy playing and listening to music, I dont care about the genre if I like how it sounds at the time. I like hybrid type music like Smooth Jazz (Herbie Hancock) or Industrial Metal (Turmion Katilot)
    -Poor memory, at least I can never think of things on purpose unless its important or in the short term
    -I have a liberal sense of humor and get in trouble for coming off as a creeper or racist. I can suddenly laugh easily.
    -I come off as cute to people (Two in particular, they both seem to be xNFP) and it makes me feel fuzzy inside from it. :'>
    -I want a cat baaad but I have to wait for our current pet to kick the bucket first.
    -I'm Dungeon Master in a little Dungeons and Dragons group I host at my parents'. I treat it the same as a story (And basically let the players do most of the work, its great )
    -I dont really have a strong sense of self yet. Striving for a MBTI type might be a symptom I guess.
    -I like horror books and horror games. (Stephen King is my favorite author and Bioshock is my favorite videogame)
    -When writing a report I brainstorm plan with an outline then turn it into paragraph form. Its really for me to know if I have enough information and have good flow (I write haphazardly - my notes have a lot in the margins)
    -I can be a total goofball or I can be the silent type.
    -I want to understand people on a deeper level, but from what I readon the NF Idyllic, I really dont have that high sensitivity to people inside. I feel more like a closed off INFP than an INTP (I can get math in spurts but otherwise I dont like anything beyond algebra)
    -I like to draw, and when I draw it can be very meticulous, trying to get each shape just right.
    -I like to get things done right the first time and -hate- to correct myself. Its a struggle to reread my own work.

I guess that's enough for now
    Would you mind taking this test?
    Discordia Inc.
    Choose only one answer for each question.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hmm here's the results:

Results
    Introversion (I): 8 Extroversion (E): 5
    Sensing (S): 2 Intuition (N): 13
    Thinking (T): 9 Feeling (F): 8
    Judging (J): 4 Perceiving (P): 10

INTP! Although T and F are fairly equal, so INxP? Or INtP? Today I feel particularly T compared to other days.

From where I read that's an INFJ trait... I'll just have to see!