• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type... Good question.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Critical? I can be very much. I HATE losing :steam: and am a poor loser. I would rather give up in the middle of something than watch myself lose. Granted that eliminates astonishing comebacks...

Though with the INFJ idea, it feels right, but watered down in my case. From reading the 'You know youre an INFJ when...' thread I feel like a watered down version of them. I dont get 'double deja-vus' or have instant vibes from people. Probably just lack of practice?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
As you seem to lean quite closely on the E and I scale I have a question... are you more fascinated with things that go on in your head or experiments to try out ideas in the real world?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Critical? I can be very much. I HATE losing :steam: and am a poor loser. I would rather give up in the middle of something than watch myself lose. Granted that eliminates astonishing comebacks...

Though with the INFJ idea, it feels right, but watered down in my case. From reading the 'You know youre an INFJ when...' thread I feel like a watered down version of them. I dont get 'double deja-vus' or have instant vibes from people. Probably just lack of practice?
While that thread can be a lot of fun once you already know what your type is, it's not a device for using to determine your type.

Another thing to keep in mind is that no one ever feels like a type description matches them 100%. I tell people to expect it to match about 85%.

What I meant when I asked you if you were very critical of yourself was do you see your faults easier than you see your good qualities.

What makes you think you are an N? Because I am starting to think you are an S.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
As you seem to lean quite closely on the E and I scale I have a question... are you more fascinated with things that go on in your head or experiments to try out ideas in the real world?

For a while Ive been thinking about being a 'lazy E' since motivation is tough for me when it comes to doing things, even with things like socializing (Verry shy if I don't know what to do or at least have an idea to run with :rolleyes:)

What makes you think you are an N? Because I am starting to think you are an S.

Ive been wondering the same thing today since I felt somewhat SJ from a situation. I was told a couple times by a same classmate to 'problem solve!' even though to solve that problem meant disorganizing things. ( Laptops in this case ) This person was a popular ESTP in school.

I like abstract ideas, I may not be good at coming up with new ones, but I like trying to think of some new idea in my head. These ideas are usually about people (Or whatever my current interest is, right now its my MBTI type). More specifically, myself, and I've had a 'guy' in my head that morphed into a lot of different things and I put that guy into a story or movie I read: "Ugh, I don't like what's happening here... what if my totally-awesome guy was in it?" :devil:

I also hate following procedures for science classes. I always seem to mess them up.

I also seem to forget I have a pencil, go back to my desk and find I have one in my hand or pocket.

Also I just don't seem to identify as well with the S profiles, though I'll probably read through them again. *Shrug*

---
Took the Jung/Enneagram test on Similarminds.com:

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Intuitive (N) 65.71% Sensing (S) 34.29%
Feeling (F) 56.67% Thinking (T) 43.33%
Perceiving (P) 56.25% Judging (J) 43.75%

Type 1 Perfectionism 50%
Type 2 Helpfulness 46%
Type 3 Image Awareness 33%
Type 4 Sensitivity 40%
Type 5 Detachment 33%
Type 6 Anxiety 70%
Type 7 Adventurousness 30%
Type 8 Aggressiveness 36%
Type 9 Calmness 46%

type behavior motivation
6 21 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
1 15 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
2 14 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
9 14 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.

so/sp/sx

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
At a guess, ENFP or ENTP. Your results are flexible and I'm picking up that you can almost alter your type at a whim.

Would you say you're more concerned about being proficient at something or being well received for trying?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I would say both. I could never become super specialized but I like to be able to just toy with what I have, but also if my triumph isn't at least nodded at approvingly or if my failure isn't met by help in some way I wonder if people actually cared. If what I do doesn't affect people, what's the use?

I'm better at using what I have in new ways than inventing some new tool or figuring out what new tool I need. It helps when I'm dealing with some complex thing like an instrument.

Edit: I don't think I can be an ENTP, I don't really enjoy pushing the limits of things (Probably a stereotype). ENFP has been a type Ive never cut out of the herd. Maybe only for the fact that they can be fun although very all over the place (I could never keep up!)

From reading INTJ - Introverted Intuition with Thinking I can see myself being an INTJ with a larger F, but there may be a better fit.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
*Nod* I suppose so. It feels like losing out, though, but being true to self is more important than pushing to be that INFJ psychic I doubt I'll ever be. The best I can do is be the cuddliest INTJ out there! :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
An INTJ who want's to understand people.... interesting... and slightly scary at the same time....

I am seeing more and more breadth in the INTJ type (or more and more people are typing themselves as INTJ like a fashion, says my cynical side). I would have figured though that you'd not care as much for what your type is. Either that or defined it before and stuck to some of your own construct rather than open a discussion where you sample other's conclusions...

Oh and as for ENTP, talk to whatever. She's an ENTP who's yet to really show a competitive streak, as far as I've noticed. Also I'm not totally sure that "pushing the limits" is something that ENTPs do deliberately... it's possibly more subconscious.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Skyward, dear, you are not an INTJ.
I have just finished reading all your posts.
You remind me a LOT of my 18 year old ISTP son.
Your very first MBTI test showed INTP.
Was that administered through your school?
My son has a "posse" also.
My son is self-conscious (a little shy around strangers)
My son cares about how he looks.
My son needs to be appreciated.
Do you happen to like being "cool".

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Skyward, dear, you are not an INTJ.
I have just finished reading all your posts.
You remind me a LOT of my 18 year old ISTP son.

Your very first MBTI test showed INTP.
Was that administered through your school?
No, it was an MBTI test I took early in my 'know thyself' venture a while ago.

My son has a "posse" also.
That may not be an S thing, but could be more of an I thing.

My son is self-conscious (a little shy around strangers)
I definitely can be.

My son cares about how he looks.
I guess I do to some extent. I like to keep things simple

My son needs to be appreciated.
For me its the knowledge that I'm useful in some way. I like to contribute, and if people say that I am an asset to the group or to them self I feel good. I like being there for people if they want to talk.

Do you happen to like being "cool".
Well its more of a flipside - I don't like being left out on purpose for things, it makes me feel like I'm not useful.

Another thing is that after most things I say I usually reflect for a second "I could have said that better"

Could someone give me their little run-down on ISTP and INTJ? I takes the descriptions in places too literally (More points toward S!)

Even more points toward S is that I tend to take things at face value more often than not and I dont usually think with metaphors although I can easily grasp them. Enneagram 6 probably has a lot to do with why I don't feel compelled to be reckless.

When looking around and getting a sudden epiphany, I found that ISTJ may work too. Since Ive been studying MBTI a lot before actually trying to work on knowing myself. The 'Study before I move'

Edit for the umpteenth time: What I find is that I also learn better with people adding to the conversation, giving ideas I haven't thought of or explaining things as they see it.\

Edit Umpteenth+1: I dont like super-dry technical material like computers or hardware of any kind but I could read a book on mythology pretty readily.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
*Nod* I've been reading those a bit. The 'Economy of effort' part of ISTP really rings true to me. I always thought it was just because I'm lazy :D

Another thing to muddy the waters with is how adolescence affects the brain. I read somewhere that the sensory cortex is the first to develop. Thus S would be more dominant until everything else grew up too. Like siblings or bullies, the biggest one picks on the younger ones but the younger ones end up being just as big as him when -they- grow up.

Also during Adolescence, the amygdala (Seat of the emotions) is used more often. This adds to the F, I think. There is also more endorphins in the system, adding a lot more to doing what we feel like rather than what's to be done (Since we are more in tune to loss of endorphins)

Though these conclusions may just be bunk, I don't have much understanding of how adolescence differs from 'normal' times for the brain.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
*Nod* I've been reading those a bit. The 'Economy of effort' part of ISTP really rings true to me. I always thought it was just because I'm lazy :D

Another thing to muddy the waters with is how adolescence affects the brain. I read somewhere that the sensory cortex is the first to develop. Thus S would be more dominant until everything else grew up too. Like siblings or bullies, the biggest one picks on the younger ones but the younger ones end up being just as big as him when -they- grow up.

Also during Adolescence, the amygdala (Seat of the emotions) is used more often. This adds to the F, I think. There is also more endorphins in the system, adding a lot more to doing what we feel like rather than what's to be done (Since we are more in tune to loss of endorphins)

Though these conclusions may just be bunk, I don't have much understanding of how adolescence differs from 'normal' times for the brain.
You might be reading too much into that.
Someone who knows what they're doing can usually determine the type of someone as young as 8, or even younger.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
SENSING
Concrete: What do we know? How do we know it?
Realistic: What are the real costs?
Practical: Will it work?
Experiential: Can you show me how it works?
Traditional: Does anything really need changing?
Ive been seeing myself use Se more, pulling info from outside and deciding things from there.

THINKING
Logical: What are the pros and cons?
Reasonable: What are the logical consequences?
Questioning: But what about...?
Critical: What is wrong with this?
Tough: Why aren’t we following through now?
When thinking about type, I think I look at the pros and cons of each type and then decide 'I like the pros of that one, the cons could be ignorable. I should be like that.' (Fi?)

FEELING
Empathetic: What (does this one) like and dislike?
Compassionate: What impact will this have on (these) people?
Accommodating: How can we make (this) one happy?
Accepting: What is beneficial in this?
Tender: What about the people who will be hurt?
I seem to be a more one-on-one feeler and need to get into a conversation with someone for it to work. I cannot stand large groups. This could be Fi?

INTUITION
Abstract: What else could this mean?
Imaginative: What else can we come up with?
Conceptual: What other interesting ideas are there?
Theoretical: How is it all interconnected?
Original: What is a new way to do this?
Intuition might actually be the last trait I fall onto when the others dont work. Se finds it, Te and Fi puzzle over it and get nothing then pass it to Ni who translates it and gives it back to Te and Fi.

This is from the PDF on the link.

From what I can see in myself is that I use the Fi, Se, Te, and Ni functions in some order. In conversations I use Se to see what to talk about, Fi to try and identify with the person. I dont completely understand how I use Te and dont completely understand how Ni works.

Also I think that I am mentally resisting typing myself while still studying MBTI (Just because its an interesting way to add vocabulary to a situation and studying myself is the way I think would be a great starting point. )

Humm from all this ISFP (Fi < Se < Te < Ni ) seems the best fit, although I dunno how introverted perceiving functions work.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
SENSING
Concrete: What do we know? How do we know it?
Realistic: What are the real costs?
Practical: Will it work?
Experiential: Can you show me how it works?
Traditional: Does anything really need changing?
Ive been seeing myself use Se more, pulling info from outside and deciding things from there.

THINKING
Logical: What are the pros and cons?
Reasonable: What are the logical consequences?
Questioning: But what about...?
Critical: What is wrong with this?
Tough: Why aren’t we following through now?
When thinking about type, I think I look at the pros and cons of each type and then decide 'I like the pros of that one, the cons could be ignorable. I should be like that.' (Fi?)

FEELING
Empathetic: What (does this one) like and dislike?
Compassionate: What impact will this have on (these) people?
Accommodating: How can we make (this) one happy?
Accepting: What is beneficial in this?
Tender: What about the people who will be hurt?
I seem to be a more one-on-one feeler and need to get into a conversation with someone for it to work. I cannot stand large groups. This could be Fi?

INTUITION
Abstract: What else could this mean?
Imaginative: What else can we come up with?
Conceptual: What other interesting ideas are there?
Theoretical: How is it all interconnected?
Original: What is a new way to do this?
Intuition might actually be the last trait I fall onto when the others dont work. Se finds it, Te and Fi puzzle over it and get nothing then pass it to Ni who translates it and gives it back to Te and Fi.

This is from the PDF on the link.

From what I can see in myself is that I use the Fi, Se, Te, and Ni functions in some order. In conversations I use Se to see what to talk about, Fi to try and identify with the person. I dont completely understand how I use Te and dont completely understand how Ni works.

Also I think that I am mentally resisting typing myself while still studying MBTI (Just because its an interesting way to add vocabulary to a situation and studying myself is the way I think would be a great starting point. )

Humm from all this ISFP (Fi < Se < Te < Ni ) seems the best fit, although I dunno how introverted perceiving functions work.
That list was not addressing the cognitive functions.
It was addressing the MBTT dichotomies.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If it makes you feel any better,
I thought ISFP was a good option for you, too.

Do you try to be careful how you say things so you don't hurt people's feelings?
More careful than other people you know?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Ignore the sub-information then. I don't think I really used it.