• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type... Good question.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Ive been struggling with MBTI and feel like I am in a 'greyzone' of type. So far its mainly T vs F and it may be due to adolescence, since the amygdala (seat of the emotion) is used more often to make decisions in my agegroup than the frontal lobe (Seat of logic).

I have some bias though. T just looks plain, or at least not vibrant. It would be a pencil/charcoal painting while F would be watercolor or acrylic with many bright and dark colors. I have both F and T friends but recognize the F's struggles (Mainly their relationships and stories of being closed hearted in the past)

Here's some other stuff offhand.

-I enjoy English classes and writing and write nonfiction for the newspaper. I'm great at describing a scene in fiction and find just following the story instead of planning it helps a lot.
-I also enjoy playing and listening to music, I dont care about the genre if I like how it sounds at the time. I like hybrid type music like Smooth Jazz (Herbie Hancock) or Industrial Metal (Turmion Katilot)
-Poor memory, at least I can never think of things on purpose unless its important or in the short term
-I have a liberal sense of humor and get in trouble for coming off as a creeper or racist. I can suddenly laugh easily.
-I come off as cute to people (Two in particular, they both seem to be xNFP) and it makes me feel fuzzy inside from it. :'>
-I want a cat baaad but I have to wait for our current pet to kick the bucket first.
-I'm Dungeon Master in a little Dungeons and Dragons group I host at my parents'. I treat it the same as a story (And basically let the players do most of the work, its great :D)
-I dont really have a strong sense of self yet. Striving for a MBTI type might be a symptom I guess.
-I like horror books and horror games. (Stephen King is my favorite author and Bioshock is my favorite videogame)
-When writing a report I brainstorm plan with an outline then turn it into paragraph form. Its really for me to know if I have enough information and have good flow (I write haphazardly - my notes have a lot in the margins)
-I can be a total goofball or I can be the silent type.
-I want to understand people on a deeper level, but from what I readon the NF Idyllic, I really dont have that high sensitivity to people inside. I feel more like a closed off INFP than an INTP (I can get math in spurts but otherwise I dont like anything beyond algebra)
-I like to draw, and when I draw it can be very meticulous, trying to get each shape just right.
-I like to get things done right the first time and -hate- to correct myself. Its a struggle to reread my own work.

I guess that's enough for now :D

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Do you draw for somehow expressing your feelings or do you prefer drawing things that you like?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I draw usually with some idea in my mind, rarely expressing feelings although I did very well painting 'broken hearted' as an emotion for an art class. Otherwise it is mostly just ideas I come up with. Such as a stickman buried under a pile of playing cards or an alien.

I cannot do full realism with a subject. I would rather grab a camera and fiddle with the image settings than draw it. I love abstract drawing.

I don't really draw emotions.

-----
New things:
I find that I can understand a person, at least vaguely, through their writing/typing. Types give a 'vibe' in their writing.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not very sure on the matter, but I think a T is more prone to draw with the mind more than with the heart.
I had the initial doubt of T/F, too. It seems it's very prone with INPs, since being a T doesn't exclude you from feelings and F can think too. The tie-breaker is hard to find, but in the end, you are the one who must really know which one you are. Read all the INFP and INTP profiles you find, and try to see which one appeals you the most.
Anyway, the drawing thing gives me more the impression of a T.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
The INFP profiles I've read (And reread...) appeal to me the most, though I may be fooling myself.

What I really see is that sometimes I really feel into with Fi and then suddenly flip to Ti on a different day.

I'll just see how it goes, but all I know is that I cant be anything close to a 'pure' anything.

Thanks for the help, though! I've been needing someone with MBTI knowledge to help out here.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I think I got it. Grudgingly at least.

INTP is probably my type the best. I dont feel emotions or memories from music like my NF friends do, I get a 'vibe' (Which is in the INTP profiles in that they can feel the atmosphere very well).

I want to be an INFP. I would rather be comfortable around lots of emotion than comfortable with little of it. And getting to know people is something I want to do. Maybe just from loneliness? I don't know.

I'll see what happens.

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTP is probably my type the best. I dont feel emotions or memories from music like my NF friends do, I get a 'vibe' (Which is in the INTP profiles in that they can feel the atmosphere very well).

I'm an NT and I don't get emotional over music but I do associate memories with certain songs. But it didn't start to happen until my 20s, after I had been in a relationship and lived a little. If you are pretty young that could be why.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ive been struggling with MBTI and feel like I am in a 'greyzone' of type. So far its mainly T vs F and it may be due to adolescence, since the amygdala (seat of the emotion) is used more often to make decisions in my agegroup than the frontal lobe (Seat of logic).

I have some bias though. T just looks plain, or at least not vibrant. It would be a pencil/charcoal painting while F would be watercolor or acrylic with many bright and dark colors. I have both F and T friends but recognize the F's struggles (Mainly their relationships and stories of being closed hearted in the past)

Here's some other stuff offhand.

-I enjoy English classes and writing and write nonfiction for the newspaper. I'm great at describing a scene in fiction and find just following the story instead of planning it helps a lot.
-I also enjoy playing and listening to music, I dont care about the genre if I like how it sounds at the time. I like hybrid type music like Smooth Jazz (Herbie Hancock) or Industrial Metal (Turmion Katilot)
-Poor memory, at least I can never think of things on purpose unless its important or in the short term
-I have a liberal sense of humor and get in trouble for coming off as a creeper or racist. I can suddenly laugh easily.
-I come off as cute to people (Two in particular, they both seem to be xNFP) and it makes me feel fuzzy inside from it. :'>
-I want a cat baaad but I have to wait for our current pet to kick the bucket first.
-I'm Dungeon Master in a little Dungeons and Dragons group I host at my parents'. I treat it the same as a story (And basically let the players do most of the work, its great :D)
-I dont really have a strong sense of self yet. Striving for a MBTI type might be a symptom I guess.
-I like horror books and horror games. (Stephen King is my favorite author and Bioshock is my favorite videogame)
-When writing a report I brainstorm plan with an outline then turn it into paragraph form. Its really for me to know if I have enough information and have good flow (I write haphazardly - my notes have a lot in the margins)
-I can be a total goofball or I can be the silent type.
-I want to understand people on a deeper level, but from what I readon the NF Idyllic, I really dont have that high sensitivity to people inside. I feel more like a closed off INFP than an INTP (I can get math in spurts but otherwise I dont like anything beyond algebra)
-I like to draw, and when I draw it can be very meticulous, trying to get each shape just right.
-I like to get things done right the first time and -hate- to correct myself. Its a struggle to reread my own work.

I guess that's enough for now :D
Would you mind taking this test?
Discordia Inc.
Choose only one answer for each question.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm here's the results:

Results
Introversion (I): 8 Extroversion (E): 5
Sensing (S): 2 Intuition (N): 13
Thinking (T): 9 Feeling (F): 8
Judging (J): 4 Perceiving (P): 10

INTP! Although T and F are fairly equal, so INxP? Or INtP? Today I feel particularly T compared to other days.

From where I read that's an INFJ trait... I'll just have to see! :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm here's the results:

Results
Introversion (I): 8 Extroversion (E): 5
Sensing (S): 2 Intuition (N): 13
Thinking (T): 9 Feeling (F): 8
Judging (J): 4 Perceiving (P): 10

INTP! Although T and F are fairly equal, so INxP? Or INtP? Today I feel particularly T compared to other days.

From where I read that's an INFJ trait... I'll just have to see! :D
So that explains why you're having trouble deciding between T and F! :smile:
I had that same trouble, too.

When you have to make a decision that impacts other people,
do you usually take into account how your decision will impact them.
OR
do you think about what's the fair or right thing to do, and if that negatively impacts somebody, then that's too bad. ?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
when you make decisions do you put yourself into the decision and make a decision based on your values and personal beliefs or do you stand back from the decision and logically deduce what you should do?

eek ^ bad way of putting it

do you strive for closure or do you strive for not closure...for lack of better terms

or

do you make your decisions in pencil or pen? metaphorically speaking

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Mom, that's probably more a scale of how much the preference is expressed more than the preference itself.

Skyward, small hint. J and P are only applicable to extroversion. If you're punctual for example then you're more likely to be a J. The drawing stuff could well place you as an INTP but an ENFP I know does the same darn thing.

One thing to watch out for is your shadow. It's the unconscious influences within you. You do seem positive feedback which is one thing which makes me think you are an INTP (yes I know I just disagreed with that but that's only the reasoning I disagreed with not the conclusion.. I do that a lot).

A tester for you. Do you find that although you aren't really empathic, ie you can accidentally upset people more than you thought you would, but spend quite a bit of time trying to ensure that your group is happy?

As for the DM stuff... well I know an ISFJ who let's things run free form and is very open to her players almost writing the next chapter, she takes their idea and runs with it. That's another hint for positive feedback and a big no no to the idea of a negative feedback INTJ (ours is most likely to tell you you're an idiot and go with the idea he had in the first place :rolleyes: ).

ENFP is a possibility as that type seem so flexible that they can and do spend plenty of time on their own and thinking logically that they could quite conceivably convince themselves and others that they're Is.

Btw, before I rant on forever, have you done the similar minds test? (Personality Tests and Tools) It's fairly reliable IME although your increased knowledge of it's workings may skew your results.

That reminds me, how you learn is a good indicator as well as what you choose to do with your time, though I know of at least three INTPs who are deft with cameras (hate the things myself... well hate them when some dolt points one at me that is).

I think that possibly the best way to tell is to read up on the common aspects of each type like the ISTJ knowing loads of facts (seemingly unendingly somedays), an ENFJ when on a mission seeming like BA when someone's mentioned a plane or like an INTJ who can quite easily cut you dead using only your own arguments and an unhealthy dose of their own brand of "constructive" criticism (note these are partially stereotypes but are common enough that often you will find that more of one type apply to you than another).

Also, just to muddy the water, consider the enneagram. I honestly failed to recognise others of my type until I realised that firstly I am positive feedback and hence DO care and AM worried if you like me and secondly my enneagram which highlighted the peacekeeping and balance aspects of my personality. The idea behind this is that when you can identify where some of your personality originates from it becomes easier to figure out what is related to your type and what is related to other things. The ENFP I mentioned, well he'd been run ragged by a very J home life. Hence now he seems more ENFJ than my sister and yet he is still an ENFP. That little revelation did take a professional examiner to notice though. Though thinking about it knowing him since then it's become more obvious considering how he tends to rile ENFJs with his pure P :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mom, that's probably more a scale of how much the preference is expressed more than the preference itself.
Right. Well, the questions were asked in such a way to determine that.
So... you're saying... ?

Are you trying to tell me that free online test might be inaccurate?! :steam:
Thems fightin' words my good man!
En garde!

:duel:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Skyward, small hint. J and P are only applicable to extroversion. If you're punctual for example then you're more likely to be a J. The drawing stuff could well place you as an INTP but an ENFP I know does the same darn thing.

One thing to watch out for is your shadow. It's the unconscious influences within you. You do seem positive feedback which is one thing which makes me think you are an INTP (yes I know I just disagreed with that but that's only the reasoning I disagreed with not the conclusion.. I do that a lot).

A lot of what makes me think that I might be INTP is that the last couple of days I didn't feel as emotionally reactive as usual.

A tester for you. Do you find that although you aren't really empathic, ie you can accidentally upset people more than you thought you would, but spend quite a bit of time trying to ensure that your group is happy?

I don't think I upset people very well, I cant see the upset if they have it hidden though. I DO keep people in mind, however.

As for the DM stuff... well I know an ISFJ who let's things run free form and is very open to her players almost writing the next chapter, she takes their idea and runs with it. That's another hint for positive feedback and a big no no to the idea of a negative feedback INTJ (ours is most likely to tell you you're an idiot and go with the idea he had in the first place :rolleyes: ).

There are times where they players do a lot on their own, but when there's something I want done in there it WILL happen somehow. "Sorry, but its a boss fight and someone has to die or else its too easy"

ENFP is a possibility as that type seem so flexible that they can and do spend plenty of time on their own and thinking logically that they could quite conceivably convince themselves and others that they're Is.

Edit Addition: I have an ENFP friend who said they were an ENTJ then an ENTP and back to ENFP in the past, so I kind of understand where that is coming from

Btw, before I rant on forever, have you done the similar minds test? (Personality Tests and Tools) It's fairly reliable IME although your increased knowledge of it's workings may skew your results.

I took the 53 question Jung test:
Extroverted (E) 51.43% Introverted (I) 48.57%
Intuitive (N) 62.86% Sensing (S) 37.14%
Thinking (T) 54.84% Feeling (F) 45.16%
Perceiving (P) 64.71% Judging (J) 35.29%

This one says xNtP - I really remember clicking the middle option for at least half of them and rarely choosing 'very' or 'not at all' options; less than 10 times for sure.

I like being in plays IF I like the idea. I enjoy being spontaneous on stage, going beyond what they expected me to do in my part. I cant memorize lines at all so I like being a very minor part. Quality over quantity.

I love being flexible and open until I really feel something doesn't 'fit' with my reasoning or how I feel about it. If I have a plan for an afternoon or weekend but then I'm forced to do something different ( say, help dad around the house, aka work ) I get very irritable.

That reminds me, how you learn is a good indicator as well as what you choose to do with your time, though I know of at least three INTPs who are deft with cameras (hate the things myself... well hate them when some dolt points one at me that is).

I seem to learn better if I learn the constraints. My biggest learning epiphanies are when I find out I could actually do something. Especially in math. I dont seem to think of things until someone else brings them up, too. "Oh, I could do that? Now it makes sense! Let me do one on my own now."

I think that possibly the best way to tell is to read up on the common aspects of each type like the ISTJ knowing loads of facts (seemingly unendingly somedays), an ENFJ when on a mission seeming like BA when someone's mentioned a plane or like an INTJ who can quite easily cut you dead using only your own arguments and an unhealthy dose of their own brand of "constructive" criticism (note these are partially stereotypes but are common enough that often you will find that more of one type apply to you than another).

Also, just to muddy the water, consider the enneagram. I honestly failed to recognize others of my type until I realized that firstly I am positive feedback and hence DO care and AM worried if you like me and secondly my enneagram which highlighted the peacekeeping and balance aspects of my personality. The idea behind this is that when you can identify where some of your personality originates from it becomes easier to figure out what is related to your type and what is related to other things. The ENFP I mentioned, well he'd been run ragged by a very J home life. Hence now he seems more ENFJ than my sister and yet he is still an ENFP. That little revelation did take a professional examiner to notice though. Though thinking about it knowing him since then it's become more obvious considering how he tends to rile ENFJs with his pure P :)

Hmmm about the home life thing. My household is definitely P although I have a hunch that my dad may be INFJ raised on a farm. He feels more comfortable when things are clean. He also doesn't mind us doing our own thing as long as things get done. I wouldn't know what my mother is. She is the type to speak her mind about things, is very eccentric, probably an INTP of some ilk.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
When you have to make a decision that impacts other people,
do you usually take into account how your decision will impact them.
OR
do you think about what's the fair or right thing to do, and if that negatively impacts somebody, then that's too bad. ?

I'm in the middle :D

If I feel that it doesn't hurt them too badly I'll go with it, but I will try and compromise to make win/win situations, or as close as possible to one.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm in the middle :D

If I feel that it doesn't hurt them too badly I'll go with it, but I will try and compromise to make win/win situations, or as close as possible to one.
In my opinion that makes you more F than T.
As a T, the effect of my decision on others never even enters my mind.
All I care about is adherence to the standard.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
That's an interesting perspective, INFJMom. A friend of mine, he has ADHD so its tough to type him but I would say INTP, is more likely to handle failure better too and see if he can do something (Like, say, defeating an Epic creature in Spore). He also has a stronger F, though he's less social than I am (His family is verry I, my family is verrry INsane :D)
---------------
Also, Another thing crossed my mind dealing with E vs I

Late in the summer when there was a school open house I was pumped and was a total social butterfly. Meeting all the people I haven't seen for months, reconnecting and the like. It was great and I wonder if I had a lot of energy in the first place or that it was energizing. I DID go into the situation pumped and ready to talk to people, however.

Music seems to affect how I use different functions. NF music like Sonata Arctica unlocks my F more. Its music that deals with relationship struggles, not asking 'if you actually love me' like Tarkan's 'Love Speak'

The only values I really see in myself are more feminist and I'm not ashamed of it. If I have more values I cant see them (I guess I'll just get angry at something and then wonder where the anger/stubbornness came from?)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Also, Another thing crossed my mind dealing with E vs I

Late in the summer when there was a school open house I was pumped and was a total social butterfly. Meeting all the people I haven't seen for months, reconnecting and the like. It was great and I wonder if I had a lot of energy in the first place or that it was energizing. I DID go into the situation pumped and ready to talk to people, however.
I become rather "social" when I get around people I like and haven't seen for a long while. In my case, it's my love of the familiar. It makes me feel comfortable seeing all those familiar faces and it makes me very happy.

So what I'm saying is that even though you did that you can still be an I.

So are you female?

Right now your type is looking like INFP.
Do you happen to enjoy discussing various conspiracies going on in the country/world?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I am male, and no I really don't like to. It makes me paranoid to an uncomfortable extent to actually dwell on conspiracies. I really don't think I would able to live through a war or some big plague or something of that kind. I just don't have that kind of willpower.

I do like to make conjectures in weird areas. Like how effective a 'gay bomb' :)pornstar:) might be at shutting down a country. (Reproduction would hit zero and after a while they would need to import workers to keep things running, et c)