User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    SENSING
    ... pulling info from outside and deciding things from there.
    Sensing is a way of taking in information.
    Describe an apple to me in as much detail as you can think of in a couple of minutes.

THINKING
    When thinking about type, I think I look at the pros and cons of each type and then decide 'I like the pros of that one, the cons could be ignorable. I should be like that.' (Fi?)
    You are describing Judging.

FEELING
    I seem to be a more one-on-one feeler and need to get into a conversation with someone for it to work. I cannot stand large groups. This could be Fi?
    Sounds like introversion.

INTUITION
    Intuition might actually be the last trait I fall onto when the others dont work. Se finds it, Te and Fi puzzle over it and get nothing then pass it to Ni who translates it and gives it back to Te and Fi.
    I don't think it's your forté.

From what I can see in myself is that I use the Fi, Se, Te, and Ni functions in some order. In conversations I use Se to see what to talk about, Fi to try and identify with the person. I dont completely understand how I use Te and dont completely understand how Ni works.

Also I think that I am mentally resisting typing myself while still studying MBTI (Just because its an interesting way to add vocabulary to a situation and studying myself is the way I think would be a great starting point. )

Humm from all this ISFP (Fi < Se < Te < Ni ) seems the best fit, although I dunno how introverted perceiving functions work.
    Are you using books or just what you are finding online?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

The apple is an unstable circle, usually a bright red or a honey yellow with a stem coming from the top like a flag on top of a castle. Unripe ones are smaller, and as green as the leaves on the tree its in.

- Why is there Se/Si if we only see them as Sensing as a whole and? Is it how we use it?

From reading the corrections, it makes me frustrated when my ideas are not how it is, showing that I don't really have the understanding of it.

I suppose you are right about my idea for Fi being wrong. (Thats another thing, if I dont get feedback from others my idea wouldn't change any) The just after that thinking "Oh, okay thanks your helping me understand better"

Ive been going off of what I find online, mainly here in MBTIc.

MBTI
    ISTJ

All I would probably say is: 'The apple is red and shiny" What does that mean?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I was trying to get the shape in too. Cars can be red and shiney too

MBTI
    INTJ

The apple is an unstable circle, usually a bright red or a honey yellow with a stem coming from the top like a flag on top of a castle. Unripe ones are smaller, and as green as the leaves on the tree its in.
    Srsly?

- Why is there Se/Si if we only see them as Sensing as a whole and? Is it how we use it?
    Cognitive Functions is something very complicated that I don't understand very well yet, but I know MBTT very well.

From reading the corrections, it makes me frustrated when my ideas are not how it is, showing that I don't really have the understanding of it.
    I know. I'm sorry.

I suppose you are right about my idea for Fi being wrong. (Thats another thing, if I dont get feedback from others my idea wouldn't change any) The just after that thinking "Oh, okay thanks your helping me understand better"

Ive been going off of what I find online, mainly here in MBTIc.
    I highly recommend a couple of books from the library.
    Start with which ever books make the most sense.
    My first book was Do What You Are by Barron and Tieger.
    It's VERY user-friendly.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    All I would probably say is: 'The apple is red and shiny" What does that mean?
    It means you're just like my mother!

Is that all you could think of in a couple of minutes?!
    That's not enough information to go on...
    but it's supposed to give me an idea of the kind of information you see.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I feel that I understand both how S and N work. (though I dont understand how it could be like your mother. The apple tastes sweet so it she a kndly person? Or was she just more puffy faced and sweaty? )

I think the reason I didn't have much information was because I was looking at everything I typed as I typed it to see if it was S or N (Judger alarm!)

Another thing is that I feel somehow less if I was a sensor than if I was an intuitive
    Kind of like those people who are like "Help! I'm a man trapped in a man's body!"
    I do remember times when I felt extremely N (Or that was just luck at the time)

I cant forget that I struggle with stereotyping too. Probably another of a judgers woes

MBTI
    INTJ

I feel that I understand both how S and N work.
    I know you're highly intelligent, but I'm not positive you've got it quite nailed down yet.
    (though I dont understand how it could be like your mother. The apple tastes sweet so it she a kndly person? Or was she just more puffy faced and sweaty? )
    That comment was addressed to someone else. And the winking smilie indicates it was a joke. She is just like my mother because they are both ISTJs and what she did - interject a wry joke - was something my mother would do.

I think the reason I didn't have much information was because I was looking at everything I typed as I typed it to see if it was S or N (Judger alarm!)
    Perhaps if you could just answer people's questions without deciding for yourself what your answers should be based on what you think about your type, we might be able to be a little more helpful.

Do you seriously describe an apple as an "unstable circle"?

Another thing is that I feel somehow less if I was a sensor than if I was an intuitive
    Kind of like those people who are like "Help! I'm a man trapped in a man's body!"
    (I kind of figured that out all by myself.)
    That's because the internet is a lousy place to get information about type.
    I have a lot of S types in my family and they are among the most intelligent people I know and the most fun people to have around.

DEFINITELY borrow Do What You Are from the library... or better yet... buy it.

I cant forget that I struggle with stereotyping too. Probably another of a judgers woes
    Not necessarily. I thought it was Ps who disliked stereotyping... but that's a stereotype, and doesn't, by itself, prove anything.

I am beginning to like my ISFP theory more and more.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'll say what I think S and N are (Though its tough to just get out in words, if I don't have it quite down, its probably due to simplification)

Sensors likes to have details to follow, kind of like hansel and gretel following bread crumbs while Ntuitives are like ancient astronomers, connecting the dots between stars and then coming to philosophical or mythological conclusions from there.
    (Attack me if you want INTPs! I'll just learn from it! . . . After moaning that you were mean and insensitive )

Well I guess I should have said 'a sphere with short knob-legs on the bottom' since apples aren't exactly spherical.

I guess I shouldnt have said anything about that I was thinking that was an example of N in action so I ran with it and studied it.

Life would be so much easier if when I looked in the mirror I didn't see a bunch of puzzle pieces with only a few actually put together.

(On metaphors too, I remember a couple years ago always putting metaphors together like puzzles, trying to make them as flush as possible. Though I don't exactly remember what train of thought I had at the time... I feel a lot more Intuitive all of a sudden - Looks like the little guy came out to say 'I'm here I'm here!')

MBTI
    INTJ

Get Do What You Are.
    Go with ISFP for now.