I'm starting to lean toward INFJ.
    No conclusion yet.

INFJ - Introverted Intuition with Feeling

Are you very critical of yourself?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Critical? I can be very much. I HATE losing :steam: and am a poor loser. I would rather give up in the middle of something than watch myself lose. Granted that eliminates astonishing comebacks...

Though with the INFJ idea, it feels right, but watered down in my case. From reading the 'You know youre an INFJ when...' thread I feel like a watered down version of them. I dont get 'double deja-vus' or have instant vibes from people. Probably just lack of practice?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

As you seem to lean quite closely on the E and I scale I have a question... are you more fascinated with things that go on in your head or experiments to try out ideas in the real world?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Critical? I can be very much. I HATE losing :steam: and am a poor loser. I would rather give up in the middle of something than watch myself lose. Granted that eliminates astonishing comebacks...

Though with the INFJ idea, it feels right, but watered down in my case. From reading the 'You know youre an INFJ when...' thread I feel like a watered down version of them. I dont get 'double deja-vus' or have instant vibes from people. Probably just lack of practice?
    While that thread can be a lot of fun once you already know what your type is, it's not a device for using to determine your type.

Another thing to keep in mind is that no one ever feels like a type description matches them 100%. I tell people to expect it to match about 85%.

What I meant when I asked you if you were very critical of yourself was do you see your faults easier than you see your good qualities.

What makes you think you are an N? Because I am starting to think you are an S.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

As you seem to lean quite closely on the E and I scale I have a question... are you more fascinated with things that go on in your head or experiments to try out ideas in the real world?
    For a while Ive been thinking about being a 'lazy E' since motivation is tough for me when it comes to doing things, even with things like socializing (Verry shy if I don't know what to do or at least have an idea to run with )

What makes you think you are an N? Because I am starting to think you are an S.
    Ive been wondering the same thing today since I felt somewhat SJ from a situation. I was told a couple times by a same classmate to 'problem solve!' even though to solve that problem meant disorganizing things. ( Laptops in this case ) This person was a popular ESTP in school.

I like abstract ideas, I may not be good at coming up with new ones, but I like trying to think of some new idea in my head. These ideas are usually about people (Or whatever my current interest is, right now its my MBTI type). More specifically, myself, and I've had a 'guy' in my head that morphed into a lot of different things and I put that guy into a story or movie I read: "Ugh, I don't like what's happening here... what if my totally-awesome guy was in it?"

I also hate following procedures for science classes. I always seem to mess them up.

I also seem to forget I have a pencil, go back to my desk and find I have one in my hand or pocket.

Also I just don't seem to identify as well with the S profiles, though I'll probably read through them again. *Shrug*

---
    Took the Jung/Enneagram test on Similarminds.com:

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 65.71% Sensing (S) 34.29%
    Feeling (F) 56.67% Thinking (T) 43.33%
    Perceiving (P) 56.25% Judging (J) 43.75%

Type 1 Perfectionism 50%
    Type 2 Helpfulness 46%
    Type 3 Image Awareness 33%
    Type 4 Sensitivity 40%
    Type 5 Detachment 33%
    Type 6 Anxiety 70%
    Type 7 Adventurousness 30%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness 36%
    Type 9 Calmness 46%

type behavior motivation
    6 21 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    1 15 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    2 14 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    9 14 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.

so/sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

At a guess, ENFP or ENTP. Your results are flexible and I'm picking up that you can almost alter your type at a whim.

Would you say you're more concerned about being proficient at something or being well received for trying?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would say both. I could never become super specialized but I like to be able to just toy with what I have, but also if my triumph isn't at least nodded at approvingly or if my failure isn't met by help in some way I wonder if people actually cared. If what I do doesn't affect people, what's the use?

I'm better at using what I have in new ways than inventing some new tool or figuring out what new tool I need. It helps when I'm dealing with some complex thing like an instrument.

Edit: I don't think I can be an ENTP, I don't really enjoy pushing the limits of things (Probably a stereotype). ENFP has been a type Ive never cut out of the herd. Maybe only for the fact that they can be fun although very all over the place (I could never keep up!)

From reading INTJ - Introverted Intuition with Thinking I can see myself being an INTJ with a larger F, but there may be a better fit.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

consider INTJ

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

*Nod* I suppose so. It feels like losing out, though, but being true to self is more important than pushing to be that INFJ psychic I doubt I'll ever be. The best I can do is be the cuddliest INTJ out there!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

An INTJ who want's to understand people.... interesting... and slightly scary at the same time....

I am seeing more and more breadth in the INTJ type (or more and more people are typing themselves as INTJ like a fashion, says my cynical side). I would have figured though that you'd not care as much for what your type is. Either that or defined it before and stuck to some of your own construct rather than open a discussion where you sample other's conclusions...

Oh and as for ENTP, talk to whatever. She's an ENTP who's yet to really show a competitive streak, as far as I've noticed. Also I'm not totally sure that "pushing the limits" is something that ENTPs do deliberately... it's possibly more subconscious.