User Tag List

First 678

Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: My type?

  1. #71
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    He's a wannabe.
    You have no idea how much post this short actually says.

  2. #72
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I bet, if I were a girl he would flood my profile now
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #73
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I like you, read a few of your posts so far and they were great. Havent seen a logical flaw in it and you do present new ideas and view on things. What you want more ?

    Noone cares what your type is and that I mean in general for all people. When it comes to me my type is astronaut with a high inclination for rocket launchers

    Totally indifferent, as long as you are ok and you are. Everyone who tells you otherwise projects his own problems, when you ask too long. That happend to you, as it happend to millions of our species before.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #74
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    You have no idea how much post this short actually says.
    I would bet a Hershey bar that you are mistaken.

  5. #75
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    ...
    Why N?

    Because am unskilled, I have never done anything really practical.
    All S types begin unskilled.
    Compared to who are you unskilled?
    What can you do with your hands?
    Some N types are extremely skilled.
    For instance, I am very good with hammer and nails, and screwdrivers.
    Just because I CAN build something doesn't mean I am an S.
    As a matter of fact I had barely any S 15 years ago.

    Here is a mistake I see a lot on this forum: people come here and say, this is how I behave... what is my type?
    That is the wrong approach.
    The second dichotomy in MBTT of iNtuition vs Sensing has to do with the way a person takes in information, not how they put it out.

    The difficulty there of course is that we can't see how another person takes in information so we have to ask them questions and rely on them to tell us the honest truth about the way they take in information. There are some stereotypes that describe S or N behavior, but as Jung said, and as I remind everyone in my signature,
    "Every individual is an exception to the rule." which of course means that no one person is going to fit the stereotype.

    The reason I said we have to trust people to tell us the honest truth is because some S types come here thinking they are an N, and when we ask them questions, they try to fabricate N type answers. Well, we're only human, and this is only an online forum, not brain surgery, so accepting what you say about yourself is the first most obvious choice.

    Even my practical school projects were completely done by my parents.(with my supervision)
    They didn't do you any favors in the long run, did they?

    I am a future scientist, I think about time, space and things like that every day. I live in my head. I love strategy games.
    Those things do not belong alone to the N types.
    My husband is an ISTP and is excellent at strategy games.


    If you have more questions feel free to ask that is the point of this thread.

    okie dokie

  6. #76
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I would bet a Hershey bar that you are mistaken.
    I have posted that post because I have wanted to show that I am aware of the trick that even size of post can mean something.


    I am not saying that I am not S simply because I want to be N.
    It is just that S does not describe me.
    I know that S and N are how person gets information.
    (that much I do know about MBTI)

    For example you have no idea through how much frustration my father went with me and he is S for sure.

    Many times he said to me "fuckn theoretician" and hold grudges because of my behaviour.

    When I was a kid he bought me a package with tools for 10 year olds and with some materials so that I can starts to practice my hands.
    Today some 15 years after the package is still waiting for to be used.
    I have never trained any kind of sports.
    You say that this does not matter so I will believe you.

    But what I am tring to say is that this could be because I am too focused on my mind to care about something so physical.


    I have spent one entire year of my life on reading couple of dozens of books about the universe, time , determinism and stuff like that. I have stoped simply because library had nothing more to offer.
    For the entire year(when I ended highschool) I did not talk to people and there were even days when I didn't say a word.(that much I have enjoyed that books)

    I have never trained any kind of sports.

    Right now the main goal in my life is trying to gain Ph. D in hard science and I am creating models about what will happen to civilization in 21. century. Where I live it is much harder to get that degree then in the us.
    I spend hours every day staring at the white walls of my room thinking about what can be.

    You have said that your husband is good in strategy games. Can I ask what that means if you know. Skilled player of strategy games is actually very subjective phrase.
    Person that plays alot of them does not have to be a good player.


    I am sorry but I simply don't see how I can be S.
    Does this really sound S to you ? (I am not saying that it does not)


    As for the practical school projects I have not regreted that they did them for me.

  7. #77
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have posted that post because I have wanted to show that I am aware of the trick that even size of post can mean something.

    I am not saying that I am not S simply because I want to be N.
    It is just that S does not describe me.
    I know that S and N are how person gets information.
    (that much I do know about MBTI)

    For example you have no idea through how much frustration my father went with me and he is S for sure.

    Many times he said to me "*** theoretician" and hold grudges because of my behaviour.

    When I was a kid he bought me a package with tools for 10 year olds and with some materials so that I can starts to practice my hands.
    Today some 15 years after the package is still waiting for to be used.
    I have never trained any kind of sports.
    You say that this does not matter so I will believe you.

    But what I am tring to say is that this could be because I am too focused on my mind to care about something so physical.


    I have spent one entire year of my life on reading couple of dozens of books about the universe, time , determinism and stuff like that. I have stoped simply because library had nothing more to offer.
    For the entire year(when I ended highschool) I did not talk to people and there were even days when I didn't say a word.(that much I have enjoyed that books)

    I have never trained any kind of sports.

    Right now the main goal in my life is trying to gain Ph. D in hard science and I am creating models about what will happen to civilization in 21. century. Where I live it is much harder to get that degree then in the us.
    I spend hours every day staring at the white walls of my room thinking about what can be.

    You have said that your husband is good in strategy games. Can I ask what that means if you know. Skilled player of strategy games is actually very subjective phrase.
    Person that plays alot of them does not have to be a good player.

    I am sorry but I simply don't see how I can be S.
    Does this really sound S to you ? (I am not saying that it does not)

    As for the practical school projects I have not regreted that they did them for me.
    Skilled at strategy means good at strategy without any practice.

    Based on what your father said, I agree you are probably an N.
    He probably said it because you were too theoretical for him to understand.
    I was wrong.
    I apologize.
    Though perhaps if you like heads games, so much you might look into whether you are an INTP.
    INTPs can also be prolific writers, as evidenced by BlueWing.

  8. #78
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Skilled at strategy means good at strategy without any practice.

    Based on what your father said, I agree you are probably an N.
    He probably said it because you were too theoretical for him to understand.
    I was wrong.
    I apologize.
    Though perhaps if you like heads games, so much you might look into whether you are an INTP.
    INTPs can also be prolific writers, as evidenced by BlueWing.
    There is no reason to apologize because if everyone just said
    " Yes, you are INTJ " this thread would not have any real meaning.

    My father said that for sure because I am too teoretical for him and we have this conflict since my birth.


    Well If you want to prove that I am not INTJ, INTP is much better bet then ISTJ because INTP is my secound choice if I take a look at my tendncys and interests.
    Plus my Ti and Ne are developed, not as Ni and Te but their influence can be felt.
    But the biggest problem with the idea that I am INTP is that my room is not a mess and I don't like mess or last minute decision unless there is a deeper reason for them exists. But probably not all INTPs like mess.

    Also people I would type as INTPs and ENTPs accuse me that I plan a way too much and that I should be much more easygoing with people.
    This thread is my evidence.

  9. #79
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    ok

Similar Threads

  1. Maybe I'm wrong about my type?
    By alicia91 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. Do You Doubt My Type?
    By FFF in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
  3. My type: Comments and inquiries welcome.
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 01:28 PM
  4. Theory About My Type
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO