User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: My type?

  1. #61
    Member Airius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Tests display what you tell them, so I wouldn't consider any results that you get to be concrete. Additionally, I think it's more likely for someone to receive the same results after time and time again because they become conditioned to respond in a certain way.

    That's why I think the biggest part of finding your MBTI type is left to self-reflection. INTJ or not, don't fall back on percentages.

  2. #62
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's not logical.
    Ergo, you can't be an NT.

    j/k - Looks pretty conclusive to me.
    INTJs are a variable bunch, IME.

    Now, get out there and develop some social skills already!
    You want to tell me that it is logical to find some personalty classification on the internet for wich you have never even heard of and no one else around you did and test give you extreme results all the time.
    Sorry but scepticism is logical in this case.


    Quote Originally Posted by Airius View Post
    Tests display what you tell them, so I wouldn't consider any results that you get to be concrete. Additionally, I think it's more likely for someone to receive the same results after time and time again because they become conditioned to respond in a certain way.

    That's why I think the biggest part of finding your MBTI type is left to self-reflection. INTJ or not, don't fall back on percentages.
    This is why I have asked for second opinion.
    But this extreme results sound more or less like me in real life.


    Will dare to say that the job of this thread is done.

    But I will answear questions in case that there are any.

  3. #63
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Antisocial - do you have any thoughts on my earlier post?

  4. #64
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Antisocial - do you have any thoughts on my earlier post?
    What type I want to be?

    To tell you the truth I don't believe in types but I think that there are tendencys and I think that my tendencys can place me in INTJ category.
    The descriptions and tests simply fit so well.
    I don't doubt my type simply bacause I know how my life looks like.

    I can't see the point in chosing types because you can't choose them.


    What is my gig?

    I just wanted to see if others will see me as an INTJ and it looks that some people do some people don't.

    But in the end the entire thing turned into some kind of a trolling. Especialy if INTJmom is not joking. I was thinking that she was joking because once she said that her young days were just like hers.
    From all people on this forum you are the most likely to know that I have the tendency to ask question even if I know the answer.

    Why?

    Because I want to be sure.
    The past (last 20 years) has proven that I am naturaly unknowing about my social position in some cases. So I create this kind of games to find out. Since many people usually say what they think if it isn't too bad or awkvard. But it looks that this does not work in Internet forums too well.
    Sometimes I play games just to look more playful since natural me is usually scary to other people and sometimes I just want to see what the other person is thinking.

  5. #65
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    ...
    Especialy if INTJmom is not joking. I was thinking that she was joking because once she said that her young days were just like hers.
    I was not joking, as I already told you. When I said I was exactly like you when I was young, most of what you had said about yourself had to do with being alone, isolated, and friendless. Besides, I didn't know you then. I was taking for granted that you were an INTJ because that's what you say you are. Not only that, but you seem like you're trying to behave like an INTJ. You are letting the type define you, instead of just being yourself.

    I might be wrong, but for myself, I will never again accept your claim to be an INTJ. You do not see below the surface of anything. You only pretend to.

    For one thing, if you were an N, you would realize that you cannot accept, at face value, the results of any free online tests.

    I have been studying MBTT for 18 years. Taking a few tests does not teach you anything. You need to study the books.

  6. #66
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I was not joking, as I already told you. When I said I was exactly like you when I was young, most of what you had said about yourself had to do with being alone, isolated, and friendless. Besides, I didn't know you then. I was taking for granted that you were an INTJ because that's what you say you are. Not only that, but you seem like you're trying to behave like an INTJ. You are letting the type define you, instead of just being yourself.

    I might be wrong, but for myself, I will never again accept your claim to be an INTJ. You do not see below the surface of anything. You only pretend to.

    For one thing, if you were an N, you would realize that you cannot accept, at face value, the results of any free online tests.

    I have been studying MBTT for 18 years. Taking a few tests does not teach you anything. You need to study the books.
    If you read my last post you will see that type is not something that I think as something that is solid and I have never claimed that I know much about MBTI.

    As for the percentages they are wrong for sure since there is mostly just option A and B so you ahve to choose that is more correct about you what means that you always prefer one letter over the other and you will end up with what I have.
    In the case that I accept online tests so much this thread would never even existed. It is just that from what I know I don't see how I can be anything else.

    In the case that I knew that you are serious I would have acted differently.

    The part where you say that you are type 4 and that you are easily excited because of it looks like pure sarcasm. When cascademn warned you that your logic has a hole in it, you have said that you are just trying to do your best.
    I have said "give me a good reason" and you have turned that into a concrete reason. You have started to post in this thread like a person who lost it and it has a nervous brakedown.Instead you could have created one bigger and more stable argument/post .Since you are a person that is not freaking out usually I have just made a logical conclusion.


    You have said that in that thread there can be no last post and look how it ended just moment latter.
    Hights move is totally logial since he won, he made a good joke and he prevented a compulsive posting.(what is good if you ask me)
    Even if that did not happen there is not reason to think that this forum will last forever. I can bet in my house that it will not exist some 270 million years from now.
    You have said that no one makes opinion based on one post but you use the fact that I have said that I dont understand the point of the thread.
    Right now you are saying that I take type as something too concrete and you were accusing me that I have humor just like your ISTJ mother.


    Sorry,your posts looked like a joke to me.(and they still do)


    Of course there is always a option that you are playing much deeper game then it looks like.


    What books would you recommend in the case that I manage to find some of them? (where I live no one knows about MBTI.)

  7. #67
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    INTJ and more I wont say, cause I fear to be analyzed by you
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #68
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    From just reading Antisocial one's last post on this thread, I think INTJ.

    Also, I think only an INTP or INTJ would call themselves "Antisocial one".
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  9. #69
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    From just reading Antisocial one's last post on this thread, I think INTJ.

    Also, I think only an INTP or INTJ would call themselves "Antisocial one".
    It would be too judging for an INTP I guess. They nevertheless try to keep their options open and not ask the world for guidance and then tell the world who they really are, like INTJ would
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #70
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    He's a wannabe.

Similar Threads

  1. Maybe I'm wrong about my type?
    By alicia91 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. Do You Doubt My Type?
    By FFF in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
  3. My type: Comments and inquiries welcome.
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 01:28 PM
  4. Theory About My Type
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO