• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me determine my type!

B

beyondaurora

I'm a little confounded, too.

If 2 professional MBTI people couldn't do it with you right there in the room, I don't see how we can.
MBTT isn't that much about behavior.
It's about thinking processes.
How you take in information, what you tend to focus on, which values you use to make decisions, and how you prefer to order your life.
Js can be messy and Ps can be neat.
Is can perform on stage and Es can need time alone.

There's a test I took recently which I liked because even as familiar as I am with MBTT,
I was unable to skew the results.
Maybe it will help you.

Discordia Inc.

I took the test at the link you provided, and after taking it twice (once selecting only one option and once selecting up to two options), I came out as ISTJ and INTP, respectively.

My professional test results were INTP and ISTP.

I typically test as INFP, INTP and ISFP.

This is so confusing!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
From how you describe yourself, you sound like you are definitely an I. The other members seem to disregard the music writing, HTML coding, conceptual interests and the ability to see fallacies in judgment which points to strong N.

I am having a hard time with the F/T and the P/J. You say that you are capable of viewing circumstances analytically, but your interests and your interactions with your co-workers slightly point to F. I think you may be a low T, but I could be wrong. Your work ethic and organizational skills point to P, but you appear to be capable of planning ahead like looking into potential careers and working toward the emancipation, and these characteristics point to J. This may be a long shot, but you seem like you rely more upon your intuition than your thinking, so I am going to say P.

Final Results: INTP, but an INFP result wouldn’t be a surprise.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
An INTP would know it, I think. I just noticed "late for everything," so P fits better. ISxP or INFP.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
post something here in stream of consciousness

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Forget letters, read some type descriptions and see what you relate to more.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Just to clarify, the two professional tests I took were administered online; the administrator simply interpreted the results and sent them to me. I've never had the opportunity to speak face-to-face with a test administrator.

I've always pondered whether a J could be messy and a P neat. Would you please elaborate on how this may be?
We have had whole threads on it. Ps saying they were neat. Js confessing they were messy. My desk is messy right now, but it's not the way I prefer it.

I am appreciating all the speculations on my type.

I promise to announce the results of my professional tests and the types that I typically test as after a few more guesses.

My guesses are ISFP, INFP and INFJ.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I took the test at the link you provided, and after taking it twice (once selecting only one option and once selecting up to two options), I came out as ISTJ and INTP, respectively.

This is so confusing!
Personally, I think you are too warm and personal to be an INTP,
so you can scratch that off the list.
*ducks for cover as INTPs start gathering ammo* :peepwall:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I'm pretty sure it's ISTx, probably ISTP considering how consistent that P is. It's not exactly what I would have expected from an SP, but then I probably have an unrealistic image of them.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP

I've always pondered whether a J could be messy and a P neat. Would you please elaborate on how this may be?
Behavior and type are not directly correlated.

Also, look at the temperaments! Temperaments are where the real groups lie. There are just four branches of each temperament as far as I'm concerned. SP or NT or NF? They are not similar. Everyone wants to be accommodating, but if you are inclined to accommodate everyone in most all situations, you've got to go with NF. Do you aspire to be a "virtuoso?" Do you behave on impulse, seek stimulation and are excited in self expression? Do you scan your environment for options that can be manipulated in your favor? SP. Or are impulses and a brand of hedonism not really your thing? Would you prefer to work toward real achievement, learning as much as you can and behaving according to reason and only rational actions, remain calm and collected easily and a majority of the time? Wanting more than anything else technical "wizardry" and valuing your ingenuity, autonomy, and analytical abilities? NT. INTP's and ISTP's can look a lot alike. An INTP is very likely to be less aware of her surroundings though, choosing instead to dance around an idea introspectively, analyzing all facets. An ISTP should sense the environment more readily, to the point of wanting to seek adrenaline, something INTP's care little for. ISTP's can be very impressive mechanically as well. ISTP is the most difficult type to type, in my opinion, and I borrowed that thought from someone else originally so I'm not alone. ISTP sounds very likely to me. I would expect an amount of pleasure seeking from you for sure, though. Something with your hands or full body.

Would you answer which of these three temperaments suits you best according to only the information that I have provided?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This is so confusing!
I think you're only supposed to choose one option.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm pretty sure it's ISTx, probably ISTP considering how consistent that P is. It's not exactly what I would have expected from an SP, but then I probably have an unrealistic image of them.
I have 2 ISTPs in my family.
They don't read unless they have to.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

This is so confusing!
I am 95% sure you're IxFx.

MBTT is based on comparing ourselves to other people.
I used to think I was observant, which would have made me an "S". That is, until I met my ISTP husband. Then I realized, "Oh! THAT'S what they mean by "observant!"
My husband eavesdrops on other people's conversations in restaurants.
My husband knows the color of the bridge downtown.
He notices the names and orders of all the stores on Main St.
He knows which of our neighbors take their dogs for walks.
He looks at the people inside the cars that we meet on the road.
THAT is S.

I do not do that.
I don't want to do that.
That would exhaust me.
And if I did actually make the effort, I would probably forget it all rather quickly.
He does this all effortlessly.

I take in the big picture.
I read between the lines.
I think about underlying motives and hidden connections.
I can't tell you exactly word for word what somebody said, but I can tell you the gist of it, or tell you what they meant by what they said.

If it's not too personal, why did you emancipate yourself? What motivated you or pushed you to do it? Cause I'm a little surprised an FP would do that.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I type you as "INTJMom."
:rofl1:

My the back of your legs must be sore Jack.

Anyhoo... typing... noting logical inconsitencies sounds quite INTP to me.. in fact I did half of the sutff you did.

I think I agree with AvereX in that a stream of conscousness may help.

Btw, what type is your mother? The other types in your family influence how your type displays itself. For example, I like to have things organised... yet I'm a P. It's mainly because ALL 3 other family members were Js!

I'd say that if you often find yourself thinking about the core of something whilst other's run around addressing the perifory then you could well be an INTP.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'd say that if you often find yourself thinking about the core of something whilst other's run around addressing the perifory then you could well be an INTP.

Really? I consider INTP's the first to analyze not the object itself but its implications.

Edit: Well, the object AND its implications. I Imagine an object in my head with three or so lines sticking out, each moving linear with a number of nodes on them when I consider the INTP thought. I hope I'm not way off. Maybe I'm not getting your meaning of core...Or perifory...But those are pretty common words...I just think of the INTP to have considered the perifory of an object or situation.

The lines representing possibillities and implications of the object, the length of the lines repressenting the depth of thought

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Really? I consider INTP's the first to analyze not the object itself but its implications.

Edit: Well, the object AND its implications. I Imagine an object in my head with three or so lines sticking out, each moving linear with a number of nodes on them when I consider the INTP thought. I hope I'm not way off. Maybe I'm not getting your meaning of core...Or perifory...But those are pretty common words...I just think of the INTP to have considered the perifory of an object or situation.

The lines representing possibillities and implications of the object, the length of the lines repressenting the depth of thought
My analogy was more based on an apple than a pool. The perifory is the detail which often surrounds the core of a subject like an asteroid field. The INTPs I know are most often found byond that field, through the surface of the planet and are dicking about with what happens if you add washing up liquid to geysers at the base whilst other's are still obsessed with the colour the asteroids make.

For example, when presented with the problem of my sister having arguments with her new husband I did not listen to what she said so much as looked at the overall pattern she created with ehr descriptions, coloured by her own perceptions of course. Using this I saw that the issues were more based around her than she'd like to admit. I didn't address any of the symptoms she brought up. Instead I tried to identify and eliminate the disease.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jeepers! Mix metaphors much?

And periphery, please!

She's not an INTP. This isn't the way we would go about determining our type.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Jeepers! Mix metaphors much?

And periphery, please!

She's not an INTP. This isn't the way we would go about determining our type.
Not a 5.

This IS how I go about stuff.

Oh and if I was using firefox I'd care baout spelling :devil:
It's like a non deoderant day... it helps to clean the pores...:whistling: