User Tag List

First 567

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    What did you feel/think when you read the description of the manifestation of my husband's "S"?
    Well, I'm guilty of doing all the things you mentioned your husband doing; I just don't know if to such an extent.

Does he have good direction sense? I for one have absolutely no idea which direction I'm facing; in fact, I'm usually facing the exact opposite direction I think I am. BUT, I do know the order of almost every store on Main St. and what items are in their windows, etc. And I can very clearly visualize a location at will.

What do you think of my elaboration on my possible S and N characteristics? I was hoping that might help.

beyondaurora

Well, I suppose the verdict is in (ISFP)...for now. I suppose that's my P preference kicking in...I may change my mind depending on any additional information I bring in. : )

Thanks all for your help!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Well, I'm guilty of doing all the things you mentioned your husband doing; I just don't know if to such an extent.

Does he have good direction sense? I for one have absolutely no idea which direction I'm facing; in fact, I'm usually facing the exact opposite direction I think I am. BUT, I do know the order of almost every store on Main St. and what items are in their windows, etc. And I can very clearly visualize a location at will.

What do you think of my elaboration on my possible S and N characteristics? I was hoping that might help.
    I test as very strong N, and there is no chance in hell that I'd be able to do the bolded part of your statement. I only remember fuzzy impressions of places, except for maybe places that I've been intimately familiar with for a long period of time, and even then I'm not good with the order of the houses/stores or the exact details of their appearance. So maybe this will help you put the N/S stuff in perspective?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I test as very strong N, and there is no chance in hell that I'd be able to do the bolded part of your statement. I only remember fuzzy impressions of places, except for maybe places that I've been intimately familiar with for a long period of time, and even then I'm not good with the order of the houses/stores or the exact details of their appearance. So maybe this will help you put the N/S stuff in perspective?
    Yeah I've been by my Main St. hundreds of times and it's still like a foreign place to me in a way.

...but, I rarely get lost.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I'm not sure that's type?

Personally, I can't remember location order at all, so I use directional location (mental bird's eye map view). My INFP friend is the opposite and is excellent at retracing our steps.

I think directional sense has also been tied into gender. Something like females are more likely to use landmarks and men are more likely to use NSEW/road names.

Back on topic, Beyondaurora, welcome to the boards, and don't worry (most people around here change their types all.the.time).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I'm not sure that's type?

Personally, I can't remember location order at all, so I use directional location (mental bird's eye map view). My INFP friend is the opposite and is excellent at retracing our steps.

I think directional sense has also been tied into gender. Something like females are more likely to use landmarks and men are more likely to use NSEW/road names.

Back on topic, Beyondaurora, welcome to the boards, and don't worry (most people around here change their types all.the.time).
    I wasn't referring to the sense of direction. I meant recollection of appearances and details, an activity at which I am completely inept. Perhaps it doesn't have to do with type, but for my sake I hope it does (because otherwise what excuse would I have for my terrible memory?). So yeah, Beyondaurora, take my 'advice' (if that's what you'd call it) with a grain of salt.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post

You are definitely S.
    An N would not know that.
    All the information taken together, I also believe you are an ISFP.
    Perhaps no one has ever let you know before but whenever you read a description of a certain type, it is not going to match you 100%. At best, most descriptions are about 85% accurate for me.
    I am 99.9% certain that you are ISFP. You can stop questioning now.

I have a friend who is an ISFP. She is a lovely person.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You are definitely S.
    An N would not know that.
    All the information taken together, I also believe you are an ISFP.
    Perhaps no one has ever let you know before but whenever you read a description of a certain type, it is not going to match you 100%. At best, most descriptions are about 85% accurate for me.
    I am 99.9% certain that you are ISFP. You can stop questioning now.

I have a friend who is an ISFP. She is a lovely person.
    Thanks for the affirmation! Hopefully I won't change my mind later (all this flip-flopping between types is making me crazy!), but even if I do, I'll enjoy wearing my ISFP title for now. : )

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm not sure what you mean by "change your mind" because a person's type doesn't change.
    And now that you've been assessed by the professionals,
    you can rest assured that we've done it correctly.

Since you mentioned you aren't sure about your major,
    are you aware of the career guidance available based on type?
    Do What You Are

Good luck to you.
    Hope to see you around.