• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Babylon Candle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Im not sure I could be an ENTP. I would relate to the Ne, but the Ti and the Fe.... Im just not sure about that. I hate Fe (although I can do it) and I generally use Te over Ti.

You're not an INTP, that's for sure. Just saying "I hate Fe" and "I use Te" over and over doesn't necessarily mean you understand them and I don't get any indication either way. It seems like you've decided you want to be an NT and so you're going straight to the functions to describe yourself to expedite people agreeing with you.
"Oh, you say you are dominant in Te. Well, based on my extensive knowledge of mbti that would make you ENTJ. Yes I think so."

I'm going to go with ENFP based on what I've seen of your posts.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're not an INTP, that's for sure. Just saying "I hate Fe" and "I use Te" over and over doesn't necessarily mean you understand them and I don't get any indication either way. It seems like you've decided you want to be an NT and so you're going straight to the functions to describe yourself to expedite people agreeing with you.
"Oh, you say you are dominant in Te. Well, based on my extensive knowledge of mbti that would make you ENTJ. Yes I think so."

I'm going to go with ENFP based on what I've seen of your posts.

I think you're implying, "you seem like you have a problem accepting F", by pointing out how much of a "grasping for anything T" argument its ending up as. Im sorry if thats not what you implied. Anyways, thats kind of the point. Why do most S's that I know, have no problem being S? Why are most of the self typed T people I know, not wanting to be F? Why are the F's usually happy about not being "mean, cold and empathetic" (not that thats a true stereotype)?

The idea that I "want to be" NT is not exactly true. However, it kind of isn't far off in that it occurred to me:

"Wait, why do those ideals of NT temperament sound so much more like me?" Yes, it can be true that people often want what they can't have. I just started to wonder, "Maybe its because I actually am NT".

Secondly, I definitely see where it appears that I might be arguing for Te. Thats kind of the point I guess. I often put forth a point and let it stand out there until it gets toppled down. If it doesn't get knocked down, if its defendable, then why would I reject it? If everyone here immediately said, "BC there is no way you are a T", then me arguing for Te would kind of expedite the process of that backlash would it not?

Thirdly, I have IRL argued for my F'ness. Most people IRL that know about MBTI assume i'm a T when ever MBTI is first brought up, then I usually argue for my F'ness. So I dunno... I guess trust me on the fact that I have argued hard for F in the past as well??? I can and have over argued for being F too. I guess it comes down to which over-arguing is correct: tertiary Te with auxiliary Fi? or Te 1st/2nd then Fi 3rd/4th, or some other combo that better describes me?

If you split me up into two opposing forces, I could build a strong case for either T or F...so it doesn't help when I'm trying to describe myself. I mean, it does help... its not like I make up examples. There would be, and are, examples that I see for both sides.

I will definitely take note that you agree with my earlier self's typing of myself as ENFP. I also agree that I am not INTP.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I completely understand what you're getting at. However, that is kind of the point. Why do most S's that I know, have no problem being S? Why are most of the self typed T people I know, not wanting to be F? Why are the F's usually happy about not being "mean, cold and empathetic" (not that thats a true stereotype)?

The idea that I "want to be" NT is not exactly true. However, it kind of isn't far off in that it occurred to me:

"Wait, why do those ideals of NT temperament sound so much more like me?" Yes, it can be true that people often want what they can't have. I just started to wonder, "Maybe its because I actually am NT".

Secondly, I definitely see where it appears that I might be arguing for Te. Thats kind of the point I guess. I often put forth a point and let it stand out there until it gets toppled down. If it doesn't get knocked down, if its defendable, then why would I reject it? If everyone here immediately said, "BC there is no way you are a T", then me arguing for Te would kind of expedite the process of that backlash would it not?

Thirdly, I have IRL argued for my F'ness. Most people IRL that know about MBTI assume i'm a T when I first meet them, then I usually argue for my F'ness. So I dunno... I guess trust me on the fact that I have argued hard for F in the past as well??? I can and have over argued for being F too. I guess it comes down to which over-arguing is correct: tertiary Te with auxiliary Fi? or Te 1st/2nd then Fi 3rd/4th, or some other combo that better describes me?

If you split me up into two opposing forces, I could build a strong case for either T or F...so it doesn't help when I'm trying to describe myself. I mean, it does help... its not like I make up examples. There would be, and are, examples that I see for both sides.

I will definitely take note that you agree with my earlier self's typing of myself as ENFP. I also agree that I am not INTP.
I think you're an ENTJ.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well i had the amazing experience of deleting my 3000 emails yesterday... the school had put a stop on my account due to memory. hahaha

I. anyways, in the process of deleting emails. the fastest i could get the process was a 100 at a time and so i would every now n then glance at the subject lines and then stumble upon some old email from a few years ago...right around the time i left for school:

It was a creepy window into the past to see what I wrote years before I had any idea about MBTI or was even in my current science heavy major.

II. A couple of things stuck out to me:

1. I mentioned to my dad talking about majors, careers etc, how i wanted a job that was basically, well ill paraphrase, "I want to be brought problems and then find the best solutions." naive i know, just about every job has problems that need to be solved. But i guess it speaks to effect that I didnt say, "I want to do research/investments/helppeople/etc...And then I went on to list why i wasn't sure about my business, econ or even the science major i eventually did/am doing.

-Econ was boring to me, a lot of talking about why stuff goes wrong, but never actually about economists fixing anything. The economists would simply describe how it got fixed. Sometimes we'd discuss awesome ideas that probably would work if implemented (a voucher system for everything from school to healthcare might allow a free market but keep the poor from losing essentials) but we always knew that none of them ever would be. It was a lot of talking and nothing ever being feasibile to implement. Also there were way too many assumptions for my liking.

-I hated my business classes because I felt like i was being turned into a cookie cutter little worker. I looked around the classroom at the other frat boy idiots and thought "im so much better than this, i can achieve so much more than this!". It was so unstimulating and we never really did anything! we would spend weeks on bullshit that your employer would have to train you to do anyways or just wasnt important.

-at the the time of the emails I also mentioned concern about the science because it would basically lock me into a path of being a doctor. I expressed concern over the idea i had at the time about "what if i get bored? where is there room to expand whatever you're doing in a strategic and analytical way?"

2. I also, had a few emails in there that seemed a bit more Fi...Im not sure if this is just a characteristic of Fi, but I noticed that the emails about school and such (described above ^) would take place over several emails year round, while the Fi emails, would be like 8 paragraphs long and would seem to just come from no where. From my perspective of today, which cant really remember how much those thoughts perused my mind at all hours, it appears like it would be stored up, then released like a damn being broken.
I really wish i could post some of the thoughts from the Fi emails, but they seem too personal.

3. I also realized that the time I discovered MBTI, was during a year long delusion of religion, which I am now thankfully out of. The email reading was an odd way of reacclimating myself with who i was before I became deluded. I wonder if the religion stuff affected how i originally typed myself?

4. My parents are ISTP and ESFJ. I have always clashed with my mom's Fe. Although im not sure if its possible to conclude that as a result of Fi or of Te...or even just being a kid...although i somehwhat think its not entirely just being a kid. I did know guys who were ESFJ, ISFJ etc who were very "get with societal program" despite "being a kid".

5. I'm still not entirely sure, but i will be test driving the ENTJ label...