• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Babylon Candle

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. I have become confused about my type.
2. I realized that I relate to the NT temperament more than the NF temperament...when its all presented as simply SP vs SJ vs NF vs NT. I do not, however, have any idea what NT type would fit me.
3. help?

Last edited:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1. i have become confused about my type.
2. I realized that I relate to the NT temperament more than the NF temperament...when its all presented as simply SP vs SJ vs NF vs NT. I do not, however, have any idea what NT type would fit me.
3. help?

Why do you relate to NT?

This is usually a good place to start.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you relate to NT?

This is usually a good place to start.

I generally wish that real life was like a real time strategy game. complete with the top bar displaying current resources, point counts and building options. Maybe throw in a team color coded map in the lower left hand corner to make things easy... quick command keyboard short cuts would be nice too... :devil:

NT said:
* Focused on mastering the content and developing competence
* Want learning to increase competencies
* Need to understand the logic and concepts behind what is being learned
* Want what they are learning to relate to their conceptual frameworks

Best environment to nurture this style:

* Want feedback from experts and recognition of expertise and knowledge
* Opportunity to share and generate knowledge
* Skeptical explorations with active discussion/debate

I relate to the parts much more than I relate to some NF ideas. I have this fantasy with being able to simply download wikipedia directly to my brain and *know* how everything works. I generally value practical theory however. For instance, I wont waste my time learning about how an air conditioner works if I know I wont ever use that skill. However, if I wish to enter conversation with people who were bringing up physics/automechanics/brain areas etc, then I will have no problem learning about them on my own.

NF said:
* Focused on the relationships in the learning environment, seeking an empathic connection with the teacher, facilitator, or mentor
* Want learning to relate to personal growth and development
* Need to make what there are learning their own
* Want what they are learning to meaningfully related their purpose

Best environment to nurture this style:

* Want sincere, highly personalized feedback that is focused on the positive
* Opportunity to personalize and share responses
* Accepting with praise and appreciation for the individual regardless of performance

the points I find to be the things I just do not relate to... I want to be respected for my accomplishments, achievements and especially ideas. I realize that I have made posts on this forum that I highly personalize. However, I feel that I post here to get answers usually, not just to share my life story... I add as much story as necessary to get the best insight from others.

longer answers:
1. i have no problem being there for friends. however, I usually am there to solve the problem, not to just "be there". If they are not interested in actually solving the problem that is bugging them, then i consider them being a martyr. I will usually start problem solving and running contingency plans for each solution plan the moment they start telling me whats wrong.

2. I judge my teachers based on how competent they are, not on how nice or "cool" they are. The boring classes I would make more entertaining by arguing with the teacher/professor. I would much rather respect an expert without tact, than be happy that I get along with my motivator coach.

3. I have a theory for everything. It doesnt matter how mundane it is. I will come up with a theory about it. If I lack the means to make a theory about it...then I will research tirelessly about it. My research is not so much about collecting citations, as it is about collecting so much input that I would never be able to explain it all even if I tried. I then am able to synthesize all of that into a *POOF* = theory when I actually sit down to create the explanation.

4. I hate Fe with a passion. I currently make Te my preferred mode of *dealing* with the world when I have to. Its just so effective. unless its someone I need to schmooze, I will be blunt and will give a shit about how they feel about it. I have a slight narcissistic streak some times: shifts from self depreciation to extreme bouts of feeling invincible (its entirely different from bi polar however...its not destructive per se). I am my own worst critic. I often suffer from inaction because I am a perfectionist, not because I actually enjoy doing nothing.

5. When I was a kid my favorite Toys were Legos. I only wanted legos, period. When I was old enough to play the computer I would play RTS games for long long uninterrupted periods... Age of Empires, Command n Conquer, dune, SIM city, Rollercoaster tycoon, sims etc...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
5. When I was a kid my favorite Toys were Legos. I only wanted legos, period. When I was old enough to play the computer I would play RTS games for long long uninterrupted periods... Age of Empires, Command n Conquer, dune, SIM city, Rollercoaster tycoon, sims etc...

Well, my favorite things as a kid were always art supplies. Shouldn't I be an SFP?

Anyway... if you knew all of this, why did you type yourself as an NF in the first place? Certainly you must have had an original compelling reason?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I generally wish that real life was like a real time strategy game. complete with the top bar displaying current resources, point counts and building options. Maybe throw in a team color coded map in the lower left hand corner to make things easy... quick command keyboard short cuts would be nice too... :devil:

I relate to the parts much more than I relate to some NF ideas. I have this fantasy with being able to simply download wikipedia directly to my brain and *know* how everything works. I generally value practical theory however. For instance, I wont waste my time learning about how an air conditioner works if I know I wont ever use that skill. However, if I wish to enter conversation with people who were bringing up physics/automechanics/brain areas etc, then I will have no problem learning about them on my own.

the points I find to be the things I just do not relate to... I want to be respected for my accomplishments, achievements and especially ideas. I realize that I have made posts on this forum that I highly personalize. However, I feel that I post here to get answers usually, not just to share my life story... I add as much story as necessary to get the best insight from others.

longer answers:
1. i have no problem being there for friends. however, I usually am there to solve the problem, not to just "be there". If they are not interested in actually solving the problem that is bugging them, then i consider them being a martyr. I will usually start problem solving and running contingency plans for each solution plan the moment they start telling me whats wrong.

2. I judge my teachers based on how competent they are, not on how nice or "cool" they are. The boring classes I would make more entertaining by arguing with the teacher/professor. I would much rather respect an expert without tact, than be happy that I get along with my motivator coach.

3. I have a theory for everything. It doesnt matter how mundane it is. I will come up with a theory about it. If I lack the means to make a theory about it...then I will research tirelessly about it. My research is not so much about collecting citations, as it is about collecting so much input that I would never be able to explain it all even if I tried. I then am able to synthesize all of that into a *POOF* = theory when I actually sit down to create the explanation.

4. I hate Fe with a passion. I currently make Te my preferred mode of *dealing* with the world when I have to. Its just so effective. unless its someone I need to schmooze, I will be blunt and will give a shit about how they feel about it. I have a slight narcissistic streak some times: shifts from self depreciation to extreme bouts of feeling invincible (its entirely different from bi polar however...its not destructive per se). I am my own worst critic. I often suffer from inaction because I am a perfectionist, not because I actually enjoy doing nothing.

I think you sound like an ENTP or ENTJ, possibly low on E or even ambiverted though.
Edit: Once upon a time I thought I was an ENFP. Seriously.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could have bloody written most of that stuff. It's almost creepy.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, my favorite things as a kid were always art supplies. Shouldn't I be an SFP?

Anyway... if you knew all of this, why did you type yourself as an NF in the first place? Certainly you must have had an original compelling reason?

reasons I thought F

1. I am not inherently a math genius. Yet, I have an IQ of 140 + or - 5. ...Even so though, I am often lost in Math classes unless I take some time to do things MY WAY. if i take the time to make up rules for myself (god I cant stand INTP professors who dont do examples!!! they spent the whole fucking time doing derivations!) and do examples, then I do just as well as anyone else.

2. My music and movie selections often have a slight sentimental quality. emotions can take hold of me if the moment really warrants it. Im thinking like the end of man on fire when he sacrifices himself for the little girl or gladiator when he gets to see his family at the end. I generally cannot control them though, i have to wallow and work through them until they pass.

3. I would consider myself highly verbal rather than math orientied. I also used to read a lot when I was younger. I read every classic ever written when i was in middle school. A lot of the novels had an F quality I guess.

so i guess those are why I originally was sure of F.

I think three questions that would be good to answer:

1. whats the difference between being Ne Si and Ni Se?
2. whats the difference between secondary Fi and tertiary/aspirational Fi?
3. the difference between Ne + Te (ENFP) and Ni + Te (XNTJ)?

Im not sure I could be an ENTP. I would relate to the Ne, but the Ti and the Fe.... Im just not sure about that. I hate Fe (although I can do it) and I generally use Te over Ti.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
reasons I thought F

1. I am not inherently a math genius. Yet, I have an IQ of 140 + or - 5. ...Even so though, I am often lost in Math classes unless I take some time to do things MY WAY. if i take the time to make up rules for myself (god I cant stand INTP professors who dont do examples!!! they spent the whole fucking time doing derivations!) and do examples, then I do just as well as anyone else.

2. My music and movie selections often have a slight sentimental quality. emotions can take hold of me if the moment really warrants it. Im thinking like the end of man on fire when he sacrifices himself for the little girl or gladiator when he gets to see his family at the end. I generally cannot control them though, i have to wallow and work through them until they pass.

3. I would consider myself highly verbal rather than math orientied. I also used to read a lot when I was younger. I read every classic ever written when i was in middle school. A lot of the novels had an F quality I guess.

so i guess those are why I originally was sure of F.

Oh.

I know an ENTJ like this, but she's most certainly definitely ENTJ. It like, oozes out of her pores.

If those things made one F, then I would have been an F a long time ago.

It might explain why you hate Fe so much... ENTJ's worst function.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey babylon. Stop that. You're speaking of me or something! :shock:
My IQ is 147, I almost failed math, I read tons of books when I was a kid and I still do. And I used to think I was an F because my EQ is fairly high and I don't feel coldhearted (I viewed T's as coldhearted back then).

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey babylon. Stop that. You're speaking of me or something! :shock:
My IQ is 147, I almost failed math, I read tons of books when I was a kid and I still do. And I used to think I was an F because my EQ is fairly high and I don't feel coldhearted (I viewed T's as coldhearted back then).

I know what you mean. I think I originally had this idea that Ts were like these drones that hadnt been human in 4 decades and could do linear algebra in their sleep. So how could you blame me for picking F, when I was doing Virgil in Latin IV, enjoying pink floyd and generally having a descent EQ....

how does this one work:
My "leisure time" often feels like work. whether it was winning my computer game, finishing my lego city, finishing my history of the byzantine empire I had checked out for fun, arguing about what needed to be changed about the raiders defensive scheme on the internet etc... it always felt like work...but somehow its still leisure time...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1. whats the difference between being Ne Si and Ni Se?
2. whats the difference between secondary Fi and tertiary/aspirational Fi?
3. the difference between Ne + Te (ENFP) and Ni + Te (XNTJ)?

Im not sure I could be an ENTP. I would relate to the Ne, but the Ti and the Fe.... Im just not sure about that. I hate Fe (although I can do it) and I generally use Te over Ti.

1) From what I can tell, is that Ne/Si versus Se/Ni is that Ne/Si seems inherently more scattered... Both Se and Ni types seem to have this intense focus, Se on whatever they're doing at the moment, and Ni on their train of thought. Si/Ne seems to get constantly interrupted.

2) Secondary judgement is something you use regularly to make your decisions. Tertiary position is 'relief,' which ends up being indulgent if the person is pressed too far. Aspirational comes out even if you don't want it to and would like to refuse it, although it's usually evident as back-up for the primary. I'd almost say it's 'louder' in aspirational than tertiary.

3) With Ne on top it'll be mostly concerned with possibilities. With Te on top, it'll be mostly concerned with getting things done right, with possibilities tagging along after with constant nagging suggestions.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) From what I can tell, is that Ne/Si versus Se/Ni is that Ne/Si seems inherently more scattered... Both Se and Ni types seem to have this intense focus, Se on whatever they're doing at the moment, and Ni on their train of thought. Si/Ne seems to get constantly interrupted.

2) Secondary judgement is something you use regularly to make your decisions. Tertiary position is 'relief,' which ends up being indulgent if the person is pressed too far. Aspirational comes out even if you don't want it to and would like to refuse it, although it's usually evident as back-up for the primary. I'd almost say it's 'louder' in aspirational than tertiary.

3) With Ne on top it'll be mostly concerned with possibilities. With Te on top, it'll be mostly concerned with getting things done right, with possibilities tagging along after with constant nagging suggestions.

1. I have no problem with focus as soon as I decide that something is actually important. I only get in trouble when I dont assign the same value to objectives as others. Last week I sat down at 3pm to write an E-mail to a person I have been debating on a topic I would rather not bring up....at 5:00pm I realized that I had collected nearly 20 pages of quotations, "notes" and links on a word file I had opened as "Scratch paper". I then wrote a "brief" point by point email and included links where necessary. Now doing all of that could be Ne if I guess If I was supposed to be doing something else more important in those hours...but It could be Ni + Te too I guess if I had deemed the other stuff unimportant.

2. so i guess putting Fi as 3 or 4 could still explain some of the sentimental streaks without it defining my personality (as Fi kind of does define ENFP to an extant)

3. ... Ni as nagging suggestions to Te, or Ne as a bullet bouncing off the walls regulated by Fi... I need to think about that. The Te is what throws it all off for me, if I were to see myself as ENFP.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1. I have no problem with focus as soon as I decide that something is actually important. I only get in trouble when I dont assign the same value to objectives as others. Last week I sat down at 3pm to write an E-mail to a person I have been debating on a topic I would rather not bring up....at 10:00pm I realized that I had collected nearly 20 pages of quotations, "notes" and links on a word file I had opened as "Scratch paper". I then wrote a brief point by point email and included links where necessary. Now doing all of that could be Ne if I guess If I was supposed to be doing something else more important in those hours...but It could be Ni + Te too I guess if I had deemed the other stuff unimportant.

2. so i guess putting Fi as 3 or 4 could still explain some of the sentimental streaks without it defining my personality (as Fi kind of does define ENFP to an extant)

3. ... Ni as nagging suggestions to Te, or Ne as a bullet bouncing off the walls regulated by Fi... I need to think about that. The Te is what throws it all off for me, if I were to see myself as ENFP.

1. Ni/Se can, and often does, end up having its own idiosyncratic measure of value.

2. Yes.

3. What you said about even recreation being 'work,' but still leisure, sounds Te, for what it's worth.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you believe you can learn how everything works from wikipedia, you're definitely an NF.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I actually think wikipedia is an excellent way to get the ball rolling. I can't tell you how many times I've sort of got the inklings of a theory going, hear a word or a concept I'm not to familiar with and consulted wiki and got the understanding necessary to proceed. I obviously consult much more reliable sources afterwards though.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

longer answers:

Based mostly on your Te/Fe comment, I would start with ENTJ then INTJ.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you believe you can learn how everything works from wikipedia, you're definitely an NF.

I generally only start with wikipedia....then I move on to more specific sites or books from there. I use it as the perfect primer. wouldnt it be nice to have a primer on everything you may ever sit down to learn, already downloaded to your head? haha

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
You don't sound like an ENFP to me, BC. I'd guess ENTP by communication, but the content best lends to INTP or INTJ.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The wanting to know how everything works part of it sounds like Ti.
While Fe is the lowest for dom. Te types (in eight function theory, that is), what I have been seeing in NTP eight-function process test scores is that Fe comes out lower than Te and Fi; often the lowest. (Or, that might be just INTP. I'm not sure if ENTP's were the same, as there were less of them).
So that could actually go either way.

Perhaps the best way to think of it is to break it down by the root definitions. Do you mainly make decisions by "good and bad" judgments, or by true or false" judgments (those can still seem ambiguous, though), and then, are the judgments by internal or external standards? If you're already sure of N, that would indicate NFP, NTP or NTJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Veeery interesting.

Yes, it is.

But it's more the "model" approach, not linear-based deductive reasoning. If the model doesn't match, something is wrong. (Just like you can tell a face is asymmetrical without knowing exactly which part is off, even if parts of the face match parts of a person with a symmetrical face.)

btw, I think "eye typing" is bogus. At least, unless it's combined with phrenology. ;)