• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Orangey's Type Post-500 Post Count?

What type is Orangey?

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I know that this is a blatant attempt to get attention, but I'm curious to know how other forum users perceive my type. So, in celebration of my 500th post (which I didn't notice until just now, 45 posts later), I am starting a type me thread for myself.

So, what type do you think I am? I won't set up a poll because I hate looking at graphs and charts.

And I apologize for the overt attention whoring (but not really, since everyone else does it).

Usehername

On a mission
I know that this is a blatant attempt to get attention, but I'm curious to know how other forum users perceive my type. So, in celebration of my 500th post (which I didn't notice until just now, 45 posts later), I am starting a type me thread for myself.

So, what type do you think I am? I won't set up a poll because I hate looking at graphs and charts.

And I apologize for the overt attention whoring (but not really, since everyone else does it).

I was surprised to find out that an Ne user was into rhetoric, not because I don't think they'd excel at that, but because every prof I've had (one) and do currently have (4 of my 5 classes are rhetoric classes) are Ni users. My one friend that I know well who has a degree in it is my eNFJ friend. And I don't know people in my program well enough to much of type anyone. Just a random thought that really doesn't relate to typing you all that well, though.

You give off an xNTx female vibe--thoughtfully friendly, but more cerebral and thinking-focused than a stereotypical female.

Introversion and extroversion is, IMO, impossible to tell online.

Do you want to post some random things about yourself that might stimulate some extra type-guessing?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Thanks for responding! :)

I was surprised to find out that an Ne user was into rhetoric, not because I don't think they'd excel at that, but because every prof I've had is an Ni user, and my one friend that I know well who has a degree in it is my eNFJ friend.

Yes, there are a lot of people in my program who give off NFJ vibes. I accordingly always have something to argue with them about too.

You give off an xNTx female vibe--thoughtfully friendly, but more cerebral and thinking-focused than a stereotypical female.

Introversion and extroversion is, IMO, impossible to tell online.

Yeah, and IRL too, because apparently there can be super shy extroverts, so you can't just say that someone is an introvert if they're quiet I guess.

Do you want to post some random things about yourself that might stimulate some extra type-guessing?

Well I was trying to keep this as purely based on my forum behavior as possible, since anything I say about myself may be (even unconsciously) doctored or preselected in advance to show off parts of myself that may not even be that prominent.

But I guess I'll list a few general things:

-I prefer being in small groups as opposed to large groups.
-I have a hard time complimenting people, even if I really feel like they deserve it.
-I have frequent sensotard moments, although I usually have a decent sense of direction (not really excellent, but good enough to find my way back when lost in unfamiliar places).
-I am shy.
-I think people see me as being weird, and I don't come off as nearly as well-adjusted as I do online.
-I find it really hard to make conversation unless it's directed towards some topic (and not even intellectual, but it just has to be 'about' something for me to engage).
-I like pointing out absurd and/or ridiculous things happening around me and laughing at them, which others don't always find funny.
-I like to drive alone and space out a lot.
-I'm not that great at math. I'm much better and more natural with languages.
-I often consciously miss opportunities to expand my social life, and then regret it later.
-I am constantly reading (and always have done).
-I am a terrible procrastinator.
-I am strongly moved by beautiful scenery, especially skyscapes and waterscapes.
-I hate talking on the phone, and when I have to I am very curt.
-I hate awkward social situations (which is like EVERY social situation I am involved in).
-I frequently point out people's spelling and grammatical errors, though if you asked me I wouldn't call myself a prescriptivist.
-I am rarely in romantic relationships, because I think I have intimacy issues.
-I react to most stressful situations or high-emotional situations by laughing or joking.
-I enjoy making fun of people.
-I HATE when people get hysterical.
-I feel the most intensely emotional when I listen to music. Otherwise those feelings do not get experienced, or evoked from real situations in which I find myself.
-I vacillate between feeling confident and feeling like an utter moron. I'm never secure about my intellectual abilities or knowledge.

I think some of that may be useful for those of you who are interested in posting in this thread but who are largley unfamiliar with my behavior on the forum.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I get a strong INXX vibe from you- from your list of general things, INTP is the answer, :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I get a strong INXX vibe from you- from your list of general things, INTP is the answer, :D

Thanks for the response! 'I' and 'N' are two of the things that I'm almost positive are accurate about me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP ? Hunch? Or reasons?
your lovely list
but for effect, i will pair points on your list that were pairs

" -I enjoy making fun of people. " - 4th function Fe

" -I like pointing out absurd and/or ridiculous things happening around me and laughing at them, which others don't always find funny. "

- Ti and Ne

-I hate awkward social situations (which is like EVERY social situation I am involved in). - 4th function Fe

-I often consciously miss opportunities to expand my social life, and then regret it later. = Fe disconnecting, Si and Fi demon

you are a Ti user, for sure----reading=analyzing=Ti

I think some of that may be useful for those of you who are interested in posting in this thread but who are largely unfamiliar with my behavior on the forum.
- although this was a perception, or given in a perceptive manner, its still a judgement- hence the " i think... "

opposed to an inner perceptions given in an extroverted judging manner
" this room is blue " - " that's stupid " - " people who think like that are...."

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and just for a kick in the head, what type(s) do you mainly see yourself as ?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
your lovely list
but for effect, i will pair points on your list that were pairs

" -I enjoy making fun of people. " - 4th function Fe

" -I like pointing out absurd and/or ridiculous things happening around me and laughing at them, which others don't always find funny. "

- Ti and Ne

-I hate awkward social situations (which is like EVERY social situation I am involved in). - 4th function Fe

-I often consciously miss opportunities to expand my social life, and then regret it later. = Fe disconnecting, Si and Fi demon

you are a Ti user, for sure----reading=analyzing=Ti

I think some of that may be useful for those of you who are interested in posting in this thread but who are largely unfamiliar with my behavior on the forum.
- although this was a perception, or given in a perceptive manner, its still a judgement- hence the " i think... "

opposed to an inner perceptions given in an extroverted judging manner
" this room is blue " - " that's stupid " - " people who think like that are...."

Thanks for responding :). I am glad that you posted at least part of your reasoning, and I find your interpretation to be interesting.

And as to your question about what type(s) I think I am, I am most of the time convinced that I'm INTP, but sometimes have a sense that I might be INFP. I've even sometimes considered INFJ (though not as seriously as the other two).

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for responding :). I am glad that you posted at least part of your reasoning, and I find your interpretation to be interesting.

And as to your question about what type(s) I think I am, I am most of the time convinced that I'm INTP, but sometimes have a sense that I might be INFP. I've even sometimes considered INFJ (though not as seriously as the other two).

of course you do
you're an introverted judger who is one function away from INFP
and 4th function Fe could make you seem more warm than an average NT-it often does
Ti and Fe create the allure of an INFJ for the INTP and vice versa for the INFJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
of course you do
you're an introverted judger who is one function away from INFP
and 4th function Fe could make you seem more warm than an average NT-it often does
Ti and Fe create the allure of an INFJ for the INTP and vice versa for the INFJ

That's actually my big qualm with INTP. I find that I often spare people criticisms which I know are true, but that I think will offend or hurt them in some way, or that I think are inappropriate to give at the moment. This does not seem INTP. And a lot of the time I find myself making decisions on the sole basis of avoiding embarrassment or embarrassing situations, and will go out of my way to do so to the point that I sometimes sacrifice my own interests. That seems like a feeling based decision.

And that stuff could be Fe, meaning INFJ, but I don't think the profile descriptions are very near me for that type. Also, I don't think I use Ni, so that was another factor. INFP, however, is almost always very similar from the general profiles to INTP, with the exception being that they 'feel deeply' instead of analyze. I don't know that I always feel deeply, but I sometimes do and can.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's actually my big qualm with INTP. I find that I often spare people criticisms which I know are true, but that I think will offend or hurt them in some way, or that I think are inappropriate to give at the moment. This does not seem INTP. And a lot of the time I find myself making decisions on the sole basis of avoiding embarrassment or embarrassing situations, and will go out of my way to do so to the point that I sometimes sacrifice my own interests. That seems like a feeling based decision.

hmm
it certainly does
but isn't everything a feeling based decision, no matter how much thinking principles are depended on ?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
hmm
it certainly does
but isn't everything a feeling based decision, no matter how much thinking principles are depended on ?

I should qualify what I said a little. As far as ideas are expressed by people that I am close with, or have high regard for, I will not be reserved in challenging what they say (though always in polite and non-aggressive manner, but I think that may be the result of socialization). I will, however, be reserved in criticizing their person's.

For instance, if my friend says consistently silly things, or has a tendency towards convoluted thinking, I will point out where what she's said is wrong in any particular instance (usually in an arch manner), but I won't dare tell her that she's a bad thinker or that I think she's always bordering on incoherence. I would feel guilty and bad about it, so I avoid saying that kind of thing. I also think that it would be incredibly rude.

This is pretty much the same for all people. I usually form judgments about them, but I rarely ever share them with anyone, especially not the person that the judgment is about.

And as for the embarrassment thing...here's a concrete example:

Say, for instance, that I said something really stupid to a given person who knew me, and I realized that what I said was stupid in retrospect. The next day, when going to, say, class, I knew that I would have to pass by his office. To spare myself the embarrassment of having to see that person, I would go out of my way and take the longer route to class.

However, I don't know that all decisions are ultimately based on feeling...that seems a bit of a stretch.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you a brainstormer or a person of foresight ?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
are you a brainstormer or a person of foresight ?

Well I think both of those things are a little vague, but I don't think I'm really a person of foresight. Do you mean someone who is able to predict things that will happen in the future, like a prescient thinker? Or do you mean foresight as in thinking a lot about the future?

If the first, I am not a person of foresight. If the second, I tend to think that way.

As for brainstormer, I'm not sure. I don't often make a conscious effort of brainstorming ideas down on paper. If I do it, it is tacit. But I do usually have a few ideas floating around that I'm stuck on for periods of time.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I think both of those things are a little vague, but I don't think I'm really a person of foresight. Do you mean someone who is able to predict things that will happen in the future, like a prescient thinker? Or do you mean foresight as in thinking a lot about the future?

If the first, I am not a person of foresight. If the second, I tend to think that way.

As for brainstormer, I'm not sure. I don't often make a conscious effort of brainstorming ideas down on paper. If I do it, it is tacit. But I do usually have a few ideas floating around that I'm stuck on for periods of time.

well, orangey
your actions in this thread have answered your question
but in order to reap the oates, go away from this thread and any PMs concerning this topic,
and return a new....analyzing your reactions/reaction objectively

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
well, orangey
your actions in this thread have answered your question
but in order to reap the oates, go away from this thread and any PMs concerning this topic,
and return a new....analyzing your reactions/reaction objectively

Okay :). Thanks for your help. It's unfortunately a little too early in the morning for me to analyze anything. I will have to come back later on ;).

INTP, fo' shizzle! ;)

Think so? :)