User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Orangey?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

8 61.54%
  • INTJ

4 30.77%
  • INFJ

1 7.69%
  • INFP

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Default Orangey's Type Post-500 Post Count?

I know that this is a blatant attempt to get attention, but I'm curious to know how other forum users perceive my type. So, in celebration of my 500th post (which I didn't notice until just now, 45 posts later), I am starting a type me thread for myself.

So, what type do you think I am? I won't set up a poll because I hate looking at graphs and charts.

And I apologize for the overt attention whoring (but not really, since everyone else does it).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I know that this is a blatant attempt to get attention, but I'm curious to know how other forum users perceive my type. So, in celebration of my 500th post (which I didn't notice until just now, 45 posts later), I am starting a type me thread for myself.

So, what type do you think I am? I won't set up a poll because I hate looking at graphs and charts.

And I apologize for the overt attention whoring (but not really, since everyone else does it).
    I was surprised to find out that an Ne user was into rhetoric, not because I don't think they'd excel at that, but because every prof I've had (one) and do currently have (4 of my 5 classes are rhetoric classes) are Ni users. My one friend that I know well who has a degree in it is my eNFJ friend. And I don't know people in my program well enough to much of type anyone. Just a random thought that really doesn't relate to typing you all that well, though.

You give off an xNTx female vibe--thoughtfully friendly, but more cerebral and thinking-focused than a stereotypical female.

Introversion and extroversion is, IMO, impossible to tell online.

Do you want to post some random things about yourself that might stimulate some extra type-guessing?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Thanks for responding!

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I was surprised to find out that an Ne user was into rhetoric, not because I don't think they'd excel at that, but because every prof I've had is an Ni user, and my one friend that I know well who has a degree in it is my eNFJ friend.
    Yes, there are a lot of people in my program who give off NFJ vibes. I accordingly always have something to argue with them about too.

You give off an xNTx female vibe--thoughtfully friendly, but more cerebral and thinking-focused than a stereotypical female.

Introversion and extroversion is, IMO, impossible to tell online.
    Yeah, and IRL too, because apparently there can be super shy extroverts, so you can't just say that someone is an introvert if they're quiet I guess.

Do you want to post some random things about yourself that might stimulate some extra type-guessing?
    Well I was trying to keep this as purely based on my forum behavior as possible, since anything I say about myself may be (even unconsciously) doctored or preselected in advance to show off parts of myself that may not even be that prominent.

But I guess I'll list a few general things:

-I prefer being in small groups as opposed to large groups.
    -I have a hard time complimenting people, even if I really feel like they deserve it.
    -I have frequent sensotard moments, although I usually have a decent sense of direction (not really excellent, but good enough to find my way back when lost in unfamiliar places).
    -I am shy.
    -I think people see me as being weird, and I don't come off as nearly as well-adjusted as I do online.
    -I find it really hard to make conversation unless it's directed towards some topic (and not even intellectual, but it just has to be 'about' something for me to engage).
    -I like pointing out absurd and/or ridiculous things happening around me and laughing at them, which others don't always find funny.
    -I like to drive alone and space out a lot.
    -I'm not that great at math. I'm much better and more natural with languages.
    -I often consciously miss opportunities to expand my social life, and then regret it later.
    -I am constantly reading (and always have done).
    -I am a terrible procrastinator.
    -I am strongly moved by beautiful scenery, especially skyscapes and waterscapes.
    -I hate talking on the phone, and when I have to I am very curt.
    -I hate awkward social situations (which is like EVERY social situation I am involved in).
    -I frequently point out people's spelling and grammatical errors, though if you asked me I wouldn't call myself a prescriptivist.
    -I am rarely in romantic relationships, because I think I have intimacy issues.
    -I react to most stressful situations or high-emotional situations by laughing or joking.
    -I enjoy making fun of people.
    -I HATE when people get hysterical.
    -I feel the most intensely emotional when I listen to music. Otherwise those feelings do not get experienced, or evoked from real situations in which I find myself.
    -I vacillate between feeling confident and feeling like an utter moron. I'm never secure about my intellectual abilities or knowledge.

I think some of that may be useful for those of you who are interested in posting in this thread but who are largley unfamiliar with my behavior on the forum.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

INTP
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    INTP
    Hunch? Or reasons?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I get a strong INXX vibe from you- from your list of general things, INTP is the answer,
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I get a strong INXX vibe from you- from your list of general things, INTP is the answer,
    Thanks for the response! 'I' and 'N' are two of the things that I'm almost positive are accurate about me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    INTP ? Hunch? Or reasons?
    your lovely list
    but for effect, i will pair points on your list that were pairs

" -I enjoy making fun of people. " - 4th function Fe

" -I like pointing out absurd and/or ridiculous things happening around me and laughing at them, which others don't always find funny. "

- Ti and Ne

-I hate awkward social situations (which is like EVERY social situation I am involved in). - 4th function Fe

-I often consciously miss opportunities to expand my social life, and then regret it later. = Fe disconnecting, Si and Fi demon

you are a Ti user, for sure----reading=analyzing=Ti

I think some of that may be useful for those of you who are interested in posting in this thread but who are largely unfamiliar with my behavior on the forum.
    - although this was a perception, or given in a perceptive manner, its still a judgement- hence the " i think... "

opposed to an inner perceptions given in an extroverted judging manner
    " this room is blue " - " that's stupid " - " people who think like that are...."
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

and just for a kick in the head, what type(s) do you mainly see yourself as ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    your lovely list
    but for effect, i will pair points on your list that were pairs

" -I enjoy making fun of people. " - 4th function Fe

" -I like pointing out absurd and/or ridiculous things happening around me and laughing at them, which others don't always find funny. "

- Ti and Ne

-I hate awkward social situations (which is like EVERY social situation I am involved in). - 4th function Fe

-I often consciously miss opportunities to expand my social life, and then regret it later. = Fe disconnecting, Si and Fi demon

you are a Ti user, for sure----reading=analyzing=Ti

I think some of that may be useful for those of you who are interested in posting in this thread but who are largely unfamiliar with my behavior on the forum.
    - although this was a perception, or given in a perceptive manner, its still a judgement- hence the " i think... "

opposed to an inner perceptions given in an extroverted judging manner
    " this room is blue " - " that's stupid " - " people who think like that are...."
    Thanks for responding . I am glad that you posted at least part of your reasoning, and I find your interpretation to be interesting.

And as to your question about what type(s) I think I am, I am most of the time convinced that I'm INTP, but sometimes have a sense that I might be INFP. I've even sometimes considered INFJ (though not as seriously as the other two).