User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Orangey?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

8 61.54%
  • INTJ

4 30.77%
  • INFJ

1 7.69%
  • INFP

0 0%
First 56789 Last

Sniffles

Well I guess IDK made most of my points for me. Much of what you described sounded very much like the INTJs I've known.

And yes Orangey, INFJs have a more relaxed sense of organization and planning. Whether this is due to Fe per se, I can't say; but this is a major characteristic of INFJs.

I can certainly say in my case I'm far more organized in my workplace than in my private life. At work, it's not uncommon for co-workers to copy off my paperwork since I more thoroughly keep records of what's happening. I also keep better track of my tools and set up routines to improve work performance.

Yet in my home life, pfft.....please don't even ask about that.

Sniffles

I'll also add that your interest in ideological structualism seems more compatible with the nature of Te than with Ti.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'll also add that your interest in ideological structualism seems more compatible with the nature of Te than with Ti.
    That's interesting...want to say more about why? What do you think is particularly Te (and not Ti) about it?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    That's interesting...want to say more about why? What do you think is particularly Te (and not Ti) about it?
    Well according to my understanding, Te is more about putting logic to practical use; while Ti is more about contemplating logical ideas. Hence the major difference between INTPs and INTJs.

A similar distinction can be said to exist in regards to the nature of philosophy and ideology.

Eric Voegelin sums it pretty nicely:
    "Philosophy springs from the love of being; it is man's loving endeavor to perceive the order of being and attune himself to it. Gnosis desires dominion over being; in order to seize control of being the gnostic constructs his system. The building of systems is a gnostic form of reasoning, not a philosophical one."
    --Science, Politics and Gnosticism pg. 30
    He uses the term Gnosis as opposed to ideology per se, but his argument is that the ideology is built upon a Gnostic-like mentality.

So based upon this and a few other factors, is why I say this.

Although, I don't wish to imply that such mentalities are only found among certain types. Heck I knew one INTP who was literally obsessed with these sorts of topics.

Hope this makes better sense now.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well according to my understanding, Te is more about putting logic to practical use; while Ti is more about contemplating logical ideas. Hence the major difference between INTPs and INTJs.

A similar distinction can be said to exist in regards to the nature of philosophy and ideology.

Eric Voegelin sums it pretty nicely:

He uses the term Gnosis as opposed to ideology per se, but his argument is that the ideology is built upon a Gnostic-like mentality.

So based upon this and a few other factors, is why I say this.

Although, I don't wish to imply that such mentalities are only found among certain types. Heck I knew one INTP who was literally obsessed with these sorts of topics.

Hope this makes better sense now.
    Ah, I get it. That's an interesting perspective. So Te = gnosis or ideology and Ti = philosophy.

And yeah, I understand that you didn't mean to say that people with those function preferences would necessarily be more inclined towards one or the other endeavor. You are talking about the nature of those things themselves, and how they resemble behaviors ascribed to those functions.

Thanks.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Sniffles

I've just never really seen you engage in too many philosophical discussions.

MBTI
    INTP

I'd definitely say that your recent comments about procrastination and disorder, if not tainted by your typology knowledge of INTJs, are surprsingly in line with my observations of them. Eerily so. I was legitimately about to phrase how they acted using basically the same emphasis on points as you did.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I think you're INXJ, leaning towards INTJ. You argue like an INTJ.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INxJ

I think you point out weight from a negative perspective more than most individuals. I read that was more typical of INTJs and INFJs. Inferior Se. It's nothing solid, but something no one else has pointed out yet.

If your INTJ, it's to your credit that your a seemingly well balanced one.

Glycerine

It's kind of funny how all the people that voted you as INTJ are INFJ.