• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Orangey's Type Post-500 Post Count?

What type is Orangey?

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think wanting to "have matters settled" implies a propensity towards not wanting to bring back those matters into question. It's a separate issue, but seems very connected. But of course everyone has to adapt and re-adjust their decisions to some degree just to function in society.

You're MBTI limbo seems well founded though. You probably wouldn't want to settle with the INTX label would you?

No, I really wouldn't. The Xs bother me because (to me) they signify either an underlying lack of self-understanding or a failure to understand type. I think my problem is the latter.

But I see your point about how the desire to have things settled would lead kind of naturally to not wanting to rehash old decisions. So many people questions their type, though, regardless of whether they are P or J. As such, it is my hunch that type theory isn't something that many people can be absolutely sure about at all.

And let me just take this opportunity to voice my total disappointment in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II. Seriously, it's nothing more than an incredibly repetitive and long version of the information already on the website. I thought there was at least going to be something new in there somewhere.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
:sorry: I posted INFJ. I meant to put INTJ, my dyslexic eyes switched them around on me :blushing:

The posts I have read remind me of slightly more (slightly) winded conclusions than the INTJs I talk to? >.> .. I'm no good with these things.

Lol, did you mean slightly more long-winded?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
No, I really wouldn't. The Xs bother me because (to me) they signify either an underlying lack of self-understanding or a failure to understand type. I think my problem is the latter.

But I see your point about how the desire to have things settled would lead kind of naturally to not wanting to rehash old decisions. So many people questions their type, though, regardless of whether they are P or J. As such, it is my hunch that type theory isn't something that many people can be absolutely sure about at all.

And let me just take this opportunity to voice my total disappointment in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II. Seriously, it's nothing more than an incredibly repetitive and long version of the information already on the website. I thought there was at least going to be something new in there somewhere.

Yeah I think type theory is more satisfying to people with clear and strong I/E, N/S... preferences, it can get pretty fuzzy otherwise. And I probably wouldn't accept a X label either.