• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Orangey's Type Post-500 Post Count?

What type is Orangey?

• Total voters

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
So what are you saying?

Js are more inclined to blindly adhere to their initial convictions and Ps are more disposed to explore in depth for accuracy?

(If you haven't noticed, I'm reiterating my initial question)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
So what are you saying?

Js are more inclined to blindly adhere to their initial convictions and Ps are more disposed to explore in depth for accuracy?

Yeah, for the most part. Although I think an INxJ, for example, would tend to be more pensive then an ESTP.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Can we try to tie that claim to some facts on extraverted judgment in contrast to introverted judgment?

The reason I've caught onto this little bit is because as I've learned about MBTI, I've tried to avoid these non-CP traps (Is are quiet and shy, Es are loud and obnoxious; Js are organised, Ps are messy procrastinators), because, as evinced by my type being (apparently) INFP and my being extremely neat, which is just one example, they do not help in accurately assigning a type to a person.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Can we try to tie that claim to some facts on extraverted judgment in contrast to introverted judgment?

The reason I've caught onto this little bit is because as I've learned about MBTI, I've tried to avoid these non-CP traps (Is are quiet and shy, Es are loud and obnoxious; Js are organised, Ps are messy procrastinators), because, as evinced by my type being (apparently) INFP and my being extremely neat, which is just one example, they do not help in accurately assigning a type to a person.

Makes sense. There are definitely exceptions (like, aren't you a left-brained INFP? that could explain the neatness), but for the most part, all of those generalities and tendencies exist for a reason. But I wouldn't follow them as a rule.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Js seek closure. Ps don't.

MBTI 101.

I don't understand why you are questioning this. It's not a stereotype. If you take the test you answer questions which specifically indicate one or other preference. Why is this controversial?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Js seek closure. Ps don't.

MBTI 101.

I don't understand why you are questioning this. It's not a stereotype. If you take the test you answer questions which specifically indicate one or other preference. Why is this controversial?

True, but not everyone's a strong or even definite J or P. Lots test close the 50/50 mark. And that's where we start noticing anomalies.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I encourage asking questions. You clearly do not.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Love 'em. But found it difficult to believe you didn't understand what aj was getting at. Thought maybe you were cutting the grass. ;)

True, but not everyone's a strong or even definite J or P. Lots test close the 50/50 mark. And that's where we start noticing anomalies.
Don't you start!

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
It's simple really.

You can put a positive spin on anything you wish and a negative spin on whatever you wish. If you want to do one, you might as well do both. Deliberately contrasting to prove a point in one skewed direction doesn't accomplish anything. I think the better comparison would be "Js blindly adhere to their initial convictions while Ps are rarely capable of coming to a defined conclusion." Equal weight to the negative aspects and equal weight to the positive aspects. That's more in line with neutrality than the initial statement, which I realized was more tongue in cheek.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, that would be more consistent.

I just have not committed myself to "J and P" (like I and E) being their own.. trait. Those letters only tell you about the CP preference.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Maybe you should start your own "guess my type" thread. Instead of derailing this one?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Ah, we weren't discussing my type (unless you were..?), but this could certainly be split.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Well see asking those questions necessitates a long drawn out argument/conversation on the fundamentals of MBTT. I think it would be best to tailor the responses specifically to the individual. Yes that does introduce a lot of subjectivity, human error, biases, and the like... but sometimes it is the best course of action. Or we should at least have an imperfect consensus on what we agree on and proceed from there. I don't think the answer lies in specifically attacking what we feel is wrong within the system. IMO it would be best to look at the case of the individual and tease out the "facts" from there and then begin the analysis.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
How many introverts would describe themselves as socially confident? I wouldn't take that into consideration, IIWY. The fact that you are/can be absolutely sure about anything, says J to me. :)

True.

Orangey, are you any closer to a conclusion? If not, you might be a P after all.

Well, if you don't think that my type doubt is totally unfounded, then you would see that I came to a decision prematurely and am now reconsidering its validity in light of new realizations. J means coming to quick decisions (for the sake of closure), not dogmatically adhering to them despite legitimate evidence to the contrary.

So what are you saying?

Yeah, for the most part. Although I think an INxJ, for example, would tend to be more pensive then an ESTP.

The way I see it, making decisions easily is a separate issue from adhering to them forever and ever. A J will just as quickly decide that their decision was wrong. It's the ease with which they commit to a decision, not how stubbornly they stick with it after the fact.

If an INTJ knew that they were wrong, for instance, would they continue to adhere to a decision? That's irrational behavior that I wouldn't readily attribute to an INTJ.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:sorry: I posted INFJ. I meant to put INTJ, my dyslexic eyes switched them around on me :blushing:

The posts I have read remind me of slightly more (slightly) winded conclusions than the INTJs I talk to? >.> .. I'm no good with these things.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, if you don't think that my type doubt is totally unfounded, then you would see that I came to a decision prematurely and am now reconsidering its validity in light of new realizations. J means coming to quick decisions (for the sake of closure), not dogmatically adhering to them despite legitimate evidence to the contrary.

The way I see it, making decisions easily is a separate issue from adhering to them forever and ever. A J will just as quickly decide that their decision was wrong. It's the ease with which they commit to a decision, not how stubbornly they stick with it after the fact.

If an INTJ knew that they were wrong, for instance, would they continue to adhere to a decision? That's irrational behavior that I wouldn't readily attribute to an INTJ.

I think wanting to "have matters settled" implies a propensity towards not wanting to bring back those matters into question. It's a separate issue, but seems very connected. But of course everyone has to adapt and re-adjust their decisions to some degree just to function in society.

You're MBTI limbo seems well founded though. You probably wouldn't want to settle with the INTX label would you?