User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Orangey?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

8 61.54%
  • INTJ

4 30.77%
  • INFJ

1 7.69%
  • INFP

0 0%
First 12345 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Okay . Thanks for your help. It's unfortunately a little too early in the morning for me to analyze anything. I will have to come back later on .
    hmmm it's never too early for a true INTP to analyze something!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    hmmm it's never too early for a true INTP to analyze something!
    It is when you need to excuse yourself from posting further in your own thread until later.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Well I'll say INTP, because when you listed all those things about yourself, many of them, on an MBTI test, would point you towards INTP.

Is that what you test as? Do you remember your percentages?

MBTI
    INXP

Without reading any of this thread, I'd say you're definitely an INTP. Because of the things that you say and the way that you say them.
    Last edited by colmena; 10-07-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Previously 'a INTP'
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well I'll say INTP, because when you listed all those things about yourself, many of them, on an MBTI test, would point you towards INTP.

Is that what you test as? Do you remember your percentages?
    I don't remember exact percentages, but I do know that my T/F were fairly close (though not equal). I've tested a couple of times as an INFP, but on most tests it's INTP.

About the things I listed; I tried to be as honest as possible about myself, but I know that there is a tendency to think that the information is pre-selected to fit a certain desired profile. I tried to avoid that (as much as possible, though I may not be the best detector of my own bullshit), and I really wanted it to go off of my forum behavior, like Colmena posted.

Anyways thanks to you both ^^ for responding .

MBTI
    INTP

Well off of forum behavior, you really don't seem INFP at all. But, heart, who is a member of this forum, is an INFP and by her posting, to me, seems very T in that what she decides to post looks like it's coming from a detached, logical and consistent place.

You said you were embarrassed by displays of emotion in another thread, maybe you repress feeling and emotions to a certain degree? Maybe you try not to make feeling based decisions because they had negative effects in the past?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You seem quite INTP to me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well off of forum behavior, you really don't seem INFP at all. But, heart, who is a member of this forum, is an INFP and by her posting, to me, seems very T in that what she decides to post looks like it's coming from a detached, logical and consistent place.
    Yes, that's true. I could be simply using learned academic speak to seem more detached than I really am. If I do that, though, it is totally unconscious. It would be too much effort to keep up a 'front', if you will, for as many months as I've been on the forum (3 or 4).

You said you were embarrassed by displays of emotion in another thread, maybe you repress feeling and emotions to a certain degree? Maybe you try not to make feeling based decisions because they had negative effects in the past?
    Well I certainly do repress my emotions. For instance I will sometimes repress being very angry when I am feeling that way, so that I don't make a fool out of myself and say something that I'd regret.

I don't think I've had any past negative experiences, though, that would drive this. A general fear of embarrassment and looking like an idiot is the underlying motive for much of my action (especially as it relates to emotion or actions based off emotions).

Edit: Thanks for your input dissonance!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Okay, now two months later (about 700 posts later) I am still unsure of my type. But this time it's not about the T/F axis, but rather the J/P. So here goes...

Oh, and I apologize again for the further whoring of attention...two months in between a personal-type-crisis-post feels too short. I'm sure it gets annoying.

Alright, so I always assumed that I was a P because I seem to suffer from chronic laziness and procrastination (and consequently answered questions such as "do you do your work ahead of time or right before the deadline" like a P would, choosing the latter option). However, I've heard from a few people that these are things that can afflict both P and J types, and that it is something more fundamental that makes one a P or a J. In short, I am concerned that I am either continually deceiving myself or basing my type decisions on erroneous stereotypes. As such I am asking for third party clarification once more. Here goes...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• When I have a project or an assignment to do, such as a major paper, I usually start by making a general overview plan of what I need to do. This does not include dates or scheduled times (I would never keep them anyway), but there is always a plan.

• However, after making said plan, I become over-satisfied and feel like I'm in control since I know exactly what needs to be done and what steps to take to do it. Consequently, I slack off and don't actually end up doing the project until three or four days before the due date. Sometimes less, depending on how much time I know the project will take me to complete.

• When I do finally sit down to do the project, I filter out all irrelevant information (at least the information that I deem irrelevant, even though it may not be in reality) and do it according to the original plan. I don't usually tamper with it or add new information, I just do it straight through...unaltered. That's the easiest way. I will sometimes even consciously ignore relevant information and take my chances that the prof will not notice, and I'm continually flabbergasted when they don't and I get an A.

• When I do this, though, I never feel like I've done my best work. I always feel like it's come up short.

• If I start the project too late, or with less time than what I know it will take to complete, I will think of several plans to get my deadline extended with little or no consequences. I will weigh the loss of grade due to bad quality versus the loss of grade due to overdue penalties, and decide which one is less and take the hit from there.

More to come...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

• I am frequently late for class and for appointments.

• It makes me incredibly uneasy to be late, though, and when it happens I am usually in a state of near panic. Lots of anxiety about it, and I always plan on being early, I just rarely ever make it.

• I really like to have things decided on in advance, if only to make a cursory mental plan of how I should behave in a given situation, and what I should expect.

• The above is not usually manifested externally because even though I prefer to have things decided, I will not jump down people's throats to satisfy that need. I prefer to let others decide things for themselves, even at the expense of my own need for closure.

• My car and my apartment are super organized. My closet, for example, has the clothes arranged by category (e.g., jeans, button-ups, t-shirts, jackets).

• My drawers and cabinets are similarly arranged and categorized. I rarely lose things, unless I have a sensotard moment.

• Having to do things in a rush makes me feel flustered and disorganized.