User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Orangey?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

8 61.54%
  • INTJ

4 30.77%
  • INFJ

1 7.69%
  • INFP

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Thanks for responding . I am glad that you posted at least part of your reasoning, and I find your interpretation to be interesting.

And as to your question about what type(s) I think I am, I am most of the time convinced that I'm INTP, but sometimes have a sense that I might be INFP. I've even sometimes considered INFJ (though not as seriously as the other two).
    of course you do
    you're an introverted judger who is one function away from INFP
    and 4th function Fe could make you seem more warm than an average NT-it often does
    Ti and Fe create the allure of an INFJ for the INTP and vice versa for the INFJ
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    of course you do
    you're an introverted judger who is one function away from INFP
    and 4th function Fe could make you seem more warm than an average NT-it often does
    Ti and Fe create the allure of an INFJ for the INTP and vice versa for the INFJ
    That's actually my big qualm with INTP. I find that I often spare people criticisms which I know are true, but that I think will offend or hurt them in some way, or that I think are inappropriate to give at the moment. This does not seem INTP. And a lot of the time I find myself making decisions on the sole basis of avoiding embarrassment or embarrassing situations, and will go out of my way to do so to the point that I sometimes sacrifice my own interests. That seems like a feeling based decision.

And that stuff could be Fe, meaning INFJ, but I don't think the profile descriptions are very near me for that type. Also, I don't think I use Ni, so that was another factor. INFP, however, is almost always very similar from the general profiles to INTP, with the exception being that they 'feel deeply' instead of analyze. I don't know that I always feel deeply, but I sometimes do and can.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

That's actually my big qualm with INTP. I find that I often spare people criticisms which I know are true, but that I think will offend or hurt them in some way, or that I think are inappropriate to give at the moment. This does not seem INTP. And a lot of the time I find myself making decisions on the sole basis of avoiding embarrassment or embarrassing situations, and will go out of my way to do so to the point that I sometimes sacrifice my own interests. That seems like a feeling based decision.
    hmm
    it certainly does
    but isn't everything a feeling based decision, no matter how much thinking principles are depended on ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

hmm
    it certainly does
    but isn't everything a feeling based decision, no matter how much thinking principles are depended on ?
    I should qualify what I said a little. As far as ideas are expressed by people that I am close with, or have high regard for, I will not be reserved in challenging what they say (though always in polite and non-aggressive manner, but I think that may be the result of socialization). I will, however, be reserved in criticizing their person's.

For instance, if my friend says consistently silly things, or has a tendency towards convoluted thinking, I will point out where what she's said is wrong in any particular instance (usually in an arch manner), but I won't dare tell her that she's a bad thinker or that I think she's always bordering on incoherence. I would feel guilty and bad about it, so I avoid saying that kind of thing. I also think that it would be incredibly rude.

This is pretty much the same for all people. I usually form judgments about them, but I rarely ever share them with anyone, especially not the person that the judgment is about.

And as for the embarrassment thing...here's a concrete example:

Say, for instance, that I said something really stupid to a given person who knew me, and I realized that what I said was stupid in retrospect. The next day, when going to, say, class, I knew that I would have to pass by his office. To spare myself the embarrassment of having to see that person, I would go out of my way and take the longer route to class.

However, I don't know that all decisions are ultimately based on feeling...that seems a bit of a stretch.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

are you a brainstormer or a person of foresight ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

are you a brainstormer or a person of foresight ?
    Well I think both of those things are a little vague, but I don't think I'm really a person of foresight. Do you mean someone who is able to predict things that will happen in the future, like a prescient thinker? Or do you mean foresight as in thinking a lot about the future?

If the first, I am not a person of foresight. If the second, I tend to think that way.

As for brainstormer, I'm not sure. I don't often make a conscious effort of brainstorming ideas down on paper. If I do it, it is tacit. But I do usually have a few ideas floating around that I'm stuck on for periods of time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Well I think both of those things are a little vague, but I don't think I'm really a person of foresight. Do you mean someone who is able to predict things that will happen in the future, like a prescient thinker? Or do you mean foresight as in thinking a lot about the future?

If the first, I am not a person of foresight. If the second, I tend to think that way.

As for brainstormer, I'm not sure. I don't often make a conscious effort of brainstorming ideas down on paper. If I do it, it is tacit. But I do usually have a few ideas floating around that I'm stuck on for periods of time.
    well, orangey
    your actions in this thread have answered your question
    but in order to reap the oates, go away from this thread and any PMs concerning this topic,
    and return a new....analyzing your reactions/reaction objectively
    I N V I C T U S

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

INTP, fo' shizzle!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    INTP, fo' shizzle!
    aww damnit
    ruining the not surprise
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

well, orangey
    your actions in this thread have answered your question
    but in order to reap the oates, go away from this thread and any PMs concerning this topic,
    and return a new....analyzing your reactions/reaction objectively
    Okay . Thanks for your help. It's unfortunately a little too early in the morning for me to analyze anything. I will have to come back later on .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    INTP, fo' shizzle!
    Think so?