User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Orangey?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

8 61.54%
  • INTJ

4 30.77%
  • INFJ

1 7.69%
  • INFP

0 0%
First 91011

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think wanting to "have matters settled" implies a propensity towards not wanting to bring back those matters into question. It's a separate issue, but seems very connected. But of course everyone has to adapt and re-adjust their decisions to some degree just to function in society.

You're MBTI limbo seems well founded though. You probably wouldn't want to settle with the INTX label would you?
    No, I really wouldn't. The Xs bother me because (to me) they signify either an underlying lack of self-understanding or a failure to understand type. I think my problem is the latter.

But I see your point about how the desire to have things settled would lead kind of naturally to not wanting to rehash old decisions. So many people questions their type, though, regardless of whether they are P or J. As such, it is my hunch that type theory isn't something that many people can be absolutely sure about at all.

And let me just take this opportunity to voice my total disappointment in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II. Seriously, it's nothing more than an incredibly repetitive and long version of the information already on the website. I thought there was at least going to be something new in there somewhere.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I posted INFJ. I meant to put INTJ, my dyslexic eyes switched them around on me :blushing:

The posts I have read remind me of slightly more (slightly) winded conclusions than the INTJs I talk to? >.> .. I'm no good with these things.
    Lol, did you mean slightly more long-winded?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    No, I really wouldn't. The Xs bother me because (to me) they signify either an underlying lack of self-understanding or a failure to understand type. I think my problem is the latter.

But I see your point about how the desire to have things settled would lead kind of naturally to not wanting to rehash old decisions. So many people questions their type, though, regardless of whether they are P or J. As such, it is my hunch that type theory isn't something that many people can be absolutely sure about at all.

And let me just take this opportunity to voice my total disappointment in Keirsey's Please Understand Me II. Seriously, it's nothing more than an incredibly repetitive and long version of the information already on the website. I thought there was at least going to be something new in there somewhere.
    Yeah I think type theory is more satisfying to people with clear and strong I/E, N/S... preferences, it can get pretty fuzzy otherwise. And I probably wouldn't accept a X label either.