• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ-ENFJ love child? :O Help me figure out my type?

Spivey

I test right on the borderline of ENTJ and ENFJ, and I can’t relate to the description of either type, so I was hoping to get an outsider’s perspective to figure out where I’m going wrong. On the outside, I’m closer to somewhat of a deliberate Fe user. I say deliberate because before discovering MBTI, I’d progressed from a humanist, to an existentialist, to an existential nihilist, to a moral nihilist (clearly loved labels) and eventually felt that while there’s no logical basis for the existence of morality itself, by any logical standard humanity obviously benefits from consistent ethical convention. That now leaves me wondering whether my adherence to objective ethics is more conscious decision than innate preference and I’m therefore not a true xxFJ.

For starters, It’s sad to admit but I think one of, if not the biggest, cornerstones of my personality is a baseline of anger. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve tried to turn it into more of a playful kind of (though it’s still slightly abrasive) banter-y type thing. But occasionally I still lose it, only to regret it immediately afterwards. Also, Fe-Ni seems to me to have people or relationship oriented goals. Mine are all self-centered.

On the other hand, I do relate to Fe’s need for “appropriateness”. I’m acutely aware of how my presentation is likely to be perceived by others. Sometimes this goes too far and I’m overly formal. Think C-3PO, but with bouts of manic euphoria. Usually it’s more a narcissistic ennea-3 way of obsessing over people’s admiration. Also I’m usually very protective of people’s feelings and general harmony.

If anyone could help me figure out which of the two types (or maybe another one) seems more likely, that’d be great :)

Though after reading over this I apparently just need someone to direct me to whichever type has the lowest self-esteem.

Spivey

I finished it at 7:21 Central Time and got Ni > Te = Fe = Ne > Fi > Ti = Si > Se, INTJ

á´…eparted

passages
So, I relate to a good chunk of what you say here. I am an ENFJ, but on the surface I appear much more like an ENTJ (or ESTJ) because I carry myself as being rationally minded. I also relate to the baseline anger bit, which in my case comes from being 1w2. IME Fe+1 can and does appear very Te-like because of the rigidity it applies.

At the end of the day, I have very set views on what is right, wrong, up, down, etc. and I get incredibly ruffled when someone in my orbit flouts that. I will frequently feel a compulsion to "correct" it rather directly. That sort of social boldness does not look like Fe, but it comes from an Fe place because it deals with the objectivity of subjective matters.

Not sure if that helps. Either way, remember that Fe is not always soft and caring like it is made out to be. I personally gag at most ENFJ descriptions.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I finished it at 7:21 Central Time and got Ni > Te = Fe = Ne > Fi > Ti = Si > Se, INTJ

NF=0;NT=5;SP=-5;SJ=0

Te=2;Ti=-2; T = 0
Fe=2;Fi=-1; F =1
Ne=2;Ni=3; N = 5
Se=-4;Si=-2; S=-6

You clearly seem to be an intuitive rather than a sensor. As to thinking vs. feeling, you seem to be incredibly close between those two to the point where the difference is almost negligible. As you say you're an extravert, that leaves a few options

ENTJ - You have a whopping 2 as your Te score and seem to prefer Ni over Ne slightly as well as Fe over Fi. This one is possible
ENTP - Your Ti is too low. Not an option
ENFJ - Your Fe is a whopping 2 and you prefer Fe as well as Ni. This is possible as ell
ENFP - Your Fi is a bit too low IMO

OK so it's down to the two you said - ENTJ and ENFJ. I would go with ENTJ because I think if you were an ENFJ, your Fe score would be higher. You're also coming out as NT on Keirsey.

These numbers are very close though so it's a complete guess.