• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused about my type for lots of good reasons. Please help :(

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
The biggest reason I can't determine my type is because some of my traits are either nothing like each other or contradicting. I often times feel like a weird combination of different things. Because of this I fear others may misunderstand me or won't take everything in consideration before coming to a conclusion. One time I already wrote a thread asking what my personality type is but forgot to add extra info. I recommend you read it: https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/90907-type-am.html#post2862469
along with this current thread.

Reasons for INTP (other than what was already listed on the prior thread):

I often see different shades or grey within a situation or person. In lots of ways I despise black-and-white thinking.

Before I post something online I try to make sure every bit of it is as accurate as possible.
I also make sure it's written in a way that won't get taken out of context and I tend to be really cautious about it (Not sure if this part has anything to do with the type, but the other part obviously did).

I grew up with specific stereotypical INTP traits. This includes:

#1 Being obsessed with a specific outfit and wearing it most of the time (but nowadays I do this with up to 5-6 pairs of clothing).
#2 Being unhygienic during a portion of my childhood. But nowadays I tend to care too much about aspects of it but it depends. I still get those moments depending on what it is.
#3 Being fiercely introverted like a typical INxP type.
#4 I tend to be highly unexpressive on the face, which can EITHER be from Fi or high Ti.

I always need people to be specific. I already mentioned on the other thread that I need further information about shit. I heard this problem was related to Ti (introverted thinking), or perhaps I'm just taking the trait description out of context and I'm actually just an idiot. But when taking personality test it often takes me a while until I realize what the real context of the question actually was because THEY WEREN'T BEING SPECIFIC. After reading something my first thought is "It depends what they're referring to because in some ways this would apply to me but in other ways it wouldn't".

Reasons for INFP (other than what was listed on the prior thread):

I'm too sensitive and take everything super personally.

One good reason I might be INFP is because during portions of my childhood I also felt like a daydreaming Fi version of a disturbed ISFJ. Literally the ISFJ stereotypes that aren't Fe-related (except for the fact I was mildly a pushover and couldn't say No), traditionalist, or involving ISFJ related hard work or practicality (except for the fact that I felt a boost of innocence from helping the teacher clean up the classroom on a few separate occasions).

My passions, interest, and career plans tend to involve things such psychology and learning about mental disorders, as well as being a cartoonist (I've been drawing my own characters since I was little).

Sometimes I look people up on google images just to have imaginary chats with them to maintain a sense of closeness. Sometimes I even suspect I have maladaptive daydreaming.

I'm VERY most likely an introvert....but there have been times where an ENFP either posted content on the internet or added something to their TV show in which I related strongly to the thought process that was put into it. I hate sounding like I'm assuming things about the way they think, but when I look at a joke of theirs or a drawing I think to myself "That sounds like something I would come up with". I also have a friend from England who scored ENFP and we think rather similar.

I see myself as many different things that are extremely convincible. I heard viewing myself through different lights can indicate Ne, and especially happens with the INFP type in particular. Also the fact I doubt my type more so than everyone else.

I'm not sure if this have anything to do with the type or if it's a part of childhood imagination that could literally apply to anyone during those years, but I one point I wanted to be an animal and felt like the human me was boring. It may be due to a combination of both because children who grow up being any personality type often have large imaginations, but back then I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to be an animal. During my childhood I told other kids I would want to be a mouse and they thought I was weird and were like "Why would you want to be an animal like that??".
Now a days I don't want to be an animal unless if that animal could live as long as a person. But I always saw the appeal of being some furry mammal even though they don't live so long.

Reasons for ISFP (other than what was listed on the prior thread):

I had an obsession with staring at myself through the mirror ever since I was a teenager. I know I already mentioned this on the other thread, but I used to cry because off things I thought were off related to my looks.
I also have this problem in which I try to make sure my butt is big enough. It normally is but when I wake up it gets a bit smaller so I make sure I eat enough that day, and once I do I go the rest of the day without eating because I know I'll be fine. I know that sounds really stupid as fuck, but PLEASE don't judge me.

I tend the focus on the details of my art and hate it when parts of it look off or weird.

I'm not sure if this is related to T vs F, N vs S, or simply has to do with the enneagram....but sometimes I feel as if I'm missing something associated with INFPs. I mean, when I look at the function stack it reminds me of me, I also do lots of INFP things, I tend to be the stuck-in-my-head absent minded type a lot like an INFP, and think in ways that are INFP-ish....but the fact that I don't really indulge in fairy tales, write much poetry, or have intense moral values often associated with the type. I'm definitely missing something related to the type. It may even be possible I'm an INxJ type (also considering the fact I love ENxPs), but I swear to god I have Si SOMEWHERE in my function stack that isn't dominant. But at the same time, I can feel Se specifically because I pay attention to my looks and want to experience things in the world. But I'm not really super attuned with my senses like an Se-user. I'm also not into sports but at one point during my life I TRIED to get interested in it. I actually HATE sports that involve teams because they just appear boring as shit to me. I'm not really into fashion trends either and tend to dress however I want, even though it's normally tank top + jeans or tank top + short shorts. Sometimes it's immodest, but I don't even try adding aesthetic or anything Se like that.
Due to me being super stuck in my head, and at the same time concerned with my looks, made me think I was Se inferior. I'm not sure if I already mentioned this in the other thread, but I appeared slightly pseudo-Se around the age of 15, which I heard was related to inferior Se but not sure if that's actually true.. It's like I can LOOK a bit Se, but I DON'T FEEL Se, yet again making me think I was an INFJ or INTJ. And also the fact I feel equal T and F, which I already mentioned in the other thread.
I'm also obsessed with specific bodily smells, such as my sweat and blood, which may sound Se to you, but it FEELS Si to me. It feels Si to me because it's comforting and relaxes me, the pleasure it gives off is highly internal.

And this may sound like an Fi thing in general, but I always have the urge to move somewhere I strongly identify with. I know it sounds really stupid, but it's one of the biggest identity intensifying things out there imo.

Although I grew up fiercely introverted, my mom tells me I'm more outgoing than I used to be. I don't feel that outgoing and at times I'm still the opposite, but I believe her that I'm getting a bit better at it.

At times I may even feel like a combination of INTP and ISFP, which is why I considered ISTP as a possibility at one point. I highly doubt it due to the enneagram.
----------------------------------------------

As far as the enneagram goes, I'm unsure of it but highly suspect 9w1 sp/sx or 9w1 sx/sp. When I took the large tritype test for the first time I scored 495/945/549 The Contemplative. The second time I took it I scored 479/947/794 The Gentle Spirit. Although I understand all enneagram types to SOME degree, the ones least like me would be 8 and 2. In order from most like me or least, it would go something like this: 9>5=4>6>1>7>3>8>2 or 9>5=4>6>1>3>7>8>2. 2 and 8 could even be switched around.
It may also be possible I could have 6 in my tritype. I felt like a type 6 as a child but no longer do.
I highly suspect my tritype is 954 sx/sp or anything similar to that.

-------------------------------------------------

If you must know, there's also some things Id like to include that weren't put into a specific type category. These traits are:

When I imagine a different scene or image of the past, I often think of a different personality type or combine two things that are nothing like each other. Some of it is extremely indescribable and may get taken out of context as something that's dumb or doesn't quite make sense. It's just that imagining that scene often times pops an image in my head of an mbti or enneagram type unrelated to the time frame, and it's slightly more complex than it sounds. The time me and my sister went to the petco adoption center to give away my 5-week-old male baby mice from the mommy mouse reminds me of the INTP type for a reason that's not the easiest to fully pinpoint. Around that time I was learning about hamsters as well, so I guess the knowledge reminding me of INTP also reminded me of the pet shop setting.
But the time I was at my mom's friend's house sitting on the couch reminded me of the ENFP or ISFP type and I even imagined myself being Ne-Te or Se-Ni looking back at that time frame. We were talking to a guy who happened to come from Saudi Arabia, and while I was actually experiencing that moment I imagined a blue sky /scraper because he came here from the airport. When I think of the airport I always get a modern-like or sunny blue sky image in my head, because I somehow correlate it with progress or the future, if that makes any sense at all. Sorry if it didn't, just trying to describe it the best I can.
I could also think of examples that actually do involve VERY unrelated things, but am too lazy to mention them.

Sometimes I imagine different people seeing me as a different personality type. I'm often times thinking to myself "This person would see me as this type, this person would see me as this type, and this person would see me as this type and would probably argue against anything else".

This may come off as petty or stupid, but sometimes I hold grudges against people who misunderstand a trait of mine. Especially if the trait involves not being able to explain things verbally possibly due to my introversion, or the trait is something that causes hidden psychological distress. I would probably break up with someone if that person didn't take me seriously or strongly misunderstood me by simplifying a reason behind certain traits. It may seem like I'm expecting others to be perfect, but I don't do this every single time someone misunderstands me. Just when it's something that impacts me strongly.

I obsess over the littlest mistakes I make. This reason may be partially related to my social anxiety, but one of the reasons is because I imagine what it would be like if other people noticed the mistake I made and judged me for it. I always have the urge to explain things like this, but am not always capable of doing it.
The other reason is because I fear it defines me by a lot, and it lowers my self esteem by a million. Later on during the day after making the mistake, I start thinking a bit more positive.
----------------------------------------------------------------

If you like you could ask me more questions that could solve this whole identity crisis.

Most people who read my content on these typology sites (or reddit) normally type me as an INFP, but I'm still confused because they usually don't explain the very non-INFP traits I possess.
I obviously don't know everything, but am obsessed with mbti. You may correct me on certain things as long as I don't get judged on a high level.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't have to be all one or the other. If the majority of your traits are INFP traits, then that's your type. I'm not suggesting it is INFP, only using that as an example.

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
You don't have to be all one or the other. If the majority of your traits are INFP traits, then that's your type. I'm not suggesting it is INFP, only using that as an example.

I understand that not all INFPs have all the traits of that type, I'm just confused on what my type is for lots of reasons.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Check out this Socionics Types: EII-INFj Subtypes

Socionics INFj translates to INFP. There is an Intuitive sub-type of the INFP for those who don't subscribe to the Ethical subtype.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
The biggest reason I can't determine my type is because some of my traits are either nothing like each other or contradicting. I often times feel like a weird combination of different things. Because of this I fear others may misunderstand me or won't take everything in consideration before coming to a conclusion. One time I already wrote a thread asking what my personality type is but forgot to add extra info. I recommend you read it: What type do you think I am? :)
along with this current thread.
If typing yourself accurately really is as important to you as you say, then you should consider actually learning more about typology. Right now you seem to be typing yourself based on things you hear from others, without actually checking their validity.

For example:
This has nothing to do with being INTP.
#1 Being obsessed with a specific outfit and wearing it most of the time (but nowadays I do this with up to 5-6 pairs of clothing).
#2 Being unhygienic during a portion of my childhood. But nowadays I tend to care too much about aspects of it but it depends. I still get those moments depending on what it is.
#3 Being fiercely introverted like a typical INxP type.
#4 I tend to be highly unexpressive on the face, which can EITHER be from Fi or high Ti.

This does not mean that you are INFP.
My passions, interest, and career plans tend to involve things such psychology and learning about mental disorders, as well as being a cartoonist (I've been drawing my own characters since I was little).

This has nothing to do with ISFP.
I had an obsession with staring at myself through the mirror ever since I was a teenager. I know I already mentioned this on the other thread, but I used to cry because off things I thought were off related to my looks.
I also have this problem in which I try to make sure my butt is big enough. It normally is but when I wake up it gets a bit smaller so I make sure I eat enough that day, and once I do I go the rest of the day without eating because I know I'll be fine. I know that sounds really stupid as fuck, but PLEASE don't judge me.

Most people who read my content on these typology sites (or reddit) normally type me as an INFP, but I'm still confused because they usually don't explain the very non-INFP traits I possess.
How did you determine that these people know enough to type you accurately? You say you want them to explain things to you, will you simply accept their explanations?

If you're interested in learning to type yourself then one place to start is to read the threads in the sub-forums for the different types as well as cognitive functions and letter dichotomies.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If typing yourself accurately really is as important to you as you say, then you should consider actually learning more about typology. Right now you seem to be typing yourself based on things you hear from others, without actually checking their validity.

For example:
This has nothing to do with being INTP.

This does not mean that you are INFP.

This has nothing to do with ISFP.

How did you determine that these people know enough to type you accurately? You say you want them to explain things to you, will you simply accept their explanations?

If you're interested in learning to type yourself then one place to start is to read the threads in the sub-forums for the different types as well as cognitive functions and letter dichotomies.

Right on to all of it. :weirdbanana:

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????

Sorry for the useless information, I was just so eager to add as much info as possible. I'm not sure how much you read, but I also wrote down some of my thought process. The thread from before has much better info imo, did you read it? You should go check it out.

I actually am learning cognitive functions, but in some ways a function will describe me, and in other ways the opposite direction of that function would. I understand that everyone uses all functions to some degree, but determining my type can be rather difficult for reasons already mentioned in both threads.

beloiseau

You are most certainly an Fi dom, not a Ti dom.

I'd be more likely to say INFP than ISFP based on the information you have provided.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sorry for the useless information, I was just so eager to add as much info as possible. I'm not sure how much you read, but I also wrote down some of my thought process. The thread from before has much better info imo, did you read it? You should go check it out.
The information wasn't useless, it was very revealing in terms of your self-typing process. It tells me that you accept some behaviours as indicative of a certain type simply because someone on reddit has said so. So your idea of what to look for when it comes to typing yourself is completely off base. You are also asking people to type you but are not satisfied with the answer since you want them to also explain how some behaviour of yours fits into that type. But the behaviour that you believe has to do with your type may not have anything to do with it at all. This same problem will keep coming up every time that you ask someone to type you. You will be typed, then you will not be satisfied because the person typing you can not explain why you do this or that, so then you will look for more opinions from more people. And all these people may not have a clue as to what personality type is all about. So it's not so much about me typing you, but rather about you being satisfied with the answer that you get.
The best way to help yourself is to learn how to type yourself accurately, then you can be confident that you have it right.

Good luck in your typing quest.

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
You are most certainly an Fi dom, not a Ti dom.

I'd be more likely to say INFP than ISFP based on the information you have provided.
Yeah I figured...
From the beginning of learning the MBTI I considered Fi-dom before I even started expanding the possibilities.
Although I'm still not 100% sure about my actual type, I'm most likely not Ti-dom for good reasons.

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
The information wasn't useless, it was very revealing in terms of your self-typing process. It tells me that you accept some behaviours as indicative of a certain type simply because someone on reddit has said so. So your idea of what to look for when it comes to typing yourself is completely off base. You are also asking people to type you but are not satisfied with the answer since you want them to also explain how some behaviour of yours fits into that type. But the behaviour that you believe has to do with your type may not have anything to do with it at all. This same problem will keep coming up every time that you ask someone to type you. You will be typed, then you will not be satisfied because the person typing you can not explain why you do this or that, so then you will look for more opinions from more people. And all these people may not have a clue as to what personality type is all about. So it's not so much about me typing you, but rather about you being satisfied with the answer that you get.
The best way to help yourself is to learn how to type yourself accurately, then you can be confident that you have it right.

Good luck in your typing quest.

Thank you very much! Kind of needed to know that. :) When I mention a trait not related to determining my type it's probably because I've had large problems dealing with that trait or I happen to notice the trait far too often.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I actually am learning cognitive functions, but in some ways a function will describe me, and in other ways the opposite direction of that function would. I understand that everyone uses all functions to some degree, but determining my type can be rather difficult for reasons already mentioned in both threads.

If you're having that much trouble, then you're either an ENFP or an INFP. Also, having smelly armpits isn't type-related even if you enjoy it.

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
If you're having that much trouble, then you're either an ENFP or an INFP. Also, having smelly armpits isn't type-related even if you enjoy it.

I know it isn't type related. I was trying to add as much info as possible. XD
Sometimes I'll mention something mildly stereotypical that's either true about me or used to be just for the sake of it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know it isn't type related. I was trying to add as much info as possible. XD
Sometimes I'll mention something mildly stereotypical that's either true about me or used to be just for the sake of it.

Did you create the display picture you're using?