User Tag List

First 56789 Last

heart on fire

You haven't produced any evidence either and it isn't plausible to assume that an introvert or extravert would post more or less because of the type of medium the communication is taking place on.

Based on what people report as their type, post count here seems to relate more to overall interest in the board and the people here more than anything else.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You haven't produced any evidence either
    It's not my job to produce evidence. I didn't argue that your hypothesis was wrong. I said, and have been saying all along, that they're both plausible. If you can show that it's implausible, go for it.

MBTI
    INTP

Okay. I've met Jeffster IRL, and in no way does he act like an extravert. ISFP "feels" right to me, too. On the boards, he seems like sort of a Homer Simpson type--the life of the party, clowning but throwing in wise statements now and then that catch you by surprise. IRL, he probably has that side to him, but introvert-style, I'm guessing you have to know him well to get to see it. I actually felt like Jeffster acted very much like scanty and I did--observing, processing, conversing more as he felt comfortable. I don't think any of us felt a need to play host, or to keep the conversation going nonstop to avoid awkward silence. And in case you're wondering, I don't remember him hitting on us, either.

I don't think high post count means anything. Introverts that feel comfortable can talk your ear off. This is an online forum of people that share a lot of interests, and Jeffster's found a great niche. People like him, and they think he's funny. I think he probably exaggerates the ESFP stereotype in print because it's a schtick that works. Why not?

I think if you watch him interact with his son and read his blog when he talks about his parenting style, he seems much more P than J. He provides guidance, but he gives his son the freedom to express himself, rather than providing a stricter, "the right way" to do it. No way is Jeffster an SJ.
    Last edited by Tallulah; 10-04-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Type typo

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Jeffster has never once even come off as an online ESFJ. SP all the way.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    And in case you're wondering, I don't remember him hitting on us, either.
    I KNEW there was something I forgot to do! Crap!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Jeffster has never once even come off as an online ESFJ. SP all the way.
    Sorry, that was a typo. Will edit.

I KNEW there was something I forgot to do! Crap!
    Haha, Jeffster, you have a rep to live up to now!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Haha, Jeffster, you have a rep to live up to now!
    Yeah. Truth is I'm really pretty much the same personality online or offline. The difference I think is in the speed of getting to know people. I have a natural reserve in person that kinda filters that "Homer Simpson" you were talking about some, but once I get to a comfort level with someone in person, then I feel more free to let myself "be me" more I guess? It doesn't mean I'm fake before then, it really is like a gate that has to be opened up or something. I mean, the way I act with my co-workers and my friends that I've known awhile, I have the same kinda quick reactions to things that I do online, it's just better in person because I don't have to type it, I can just say stuff which comes much more natural to me.

And the circumstances factor in too. When Morgan is with me, a lot of me is focused on him, so at a restaurant, it's hard for me to completely relax because I'm still in Dad mode, haha.

I hope any of this is making sense because I am dead tired, the only reason I'm still up is Morgan is sick and throwing up, so I'm staying up for his sake.

I think he probably exaggerates the ESFP stereotype in print because it's a schtick that works.
    Oh, I was gonna say, it really isn't a "shtick" or a stereotype though, I mean, people tend to have their perceptions of me regardless of whether they're accurate or not, but I'm not trying to do any kind of act, I really am just being myself.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I have also met the Jeffster in real life, and he is definitely NOT an extrovert. He is VERY laid back and doesn't bounce off the walls nearly as much in person as he does online.
    Jeffster is an ISFP.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Jeffster's type = AWesoME.

Does anything else matter?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah. Truth is I'm really pretty much the same personality online or offline. The difference I think is in the speed of getting to know people. I have a natural reserve in person that kinda filters that "Homer Simpson" you were talking about some, but once I get to a comfort level with someone in person, then I feel more free to let myself "be me" more I guess? It doesn't mean I'm fake before then, it really is like a gate that has to be opened up or something. I mean, the way I act with my co-workers and my friends that I've known awhile, I have the same kinda quick reactions to things that I do online, it's just better in person because I don't have to type it, I can just say stuff which comes much more natural to me.

And the circumstances factor in too. When Morgan is with me, a lot of me is focused on him, so at a restaurant, it's hard for me to completely relax because I'm still in Dad mode, haha.

I hope any of this is making sense because I am dead tired, the only reason I'm still up is Morgan is sick and throwing up, so I'm staying up for his sake.

Oh, I was gonna say, it really isn't a "shtick" or a stereotype though, I mean, people tend to have their perceptions of me regardless of whether they're accurate or not, but I'm not trying to do any kind of act, I really am just being myself.
    Gotcha. I can see that. I didn't mean anything negative by the "schtick" comment, either, just couldn't think of a better way to say it. (<< been wanting to try out that new smilie)

Hope Morgan's feeling better!