User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 96

  1. #31
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    It doesn't EQUATE with high post count (and I didn't say it did) but it's an indication. I'm not saying I have proof that Jeffster is extraverted (and assigning me that burden is illogical), but a high post count would be something you'd expect from an extravert. It's all the reliable evidence I have to go on. There are introverts on this site who post less, and author more concentrated posts. Those are the people I think of when I think classic introvert, not Jeffster. Not to mention, folks, I talked to him online and he wouldn't stop talking.
    Yeah, I responded to your post specifically but I've seen other suggestions about the place particularly in relation to Jack, hence my wording.

    As someone who's been told on many occasions that I 'must' be an extravert on another forum because I had a rather high post rate I disagree that it is an indication of extraversion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Eh, if you look at actual cases, that doesn't hold true. Introverts are just as active online if not moreso as/than extroverts. It reveals our true thoughts, potentially, but the interface is what distorts personality. Just as heart said, this isn't draining, unlike real life social activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    That's the same for everyone here. Many people here claiming to be introverts have way higher post counts than extroverts. Social anxiety didn't even come into my equation. I was relating it to how draining a social activity feels based introversion not anxiety.
    Exactly, so surely in this kind of environment we have to assume a personís claim of being E or I is accurate unless they have doubt themselves.

  2. #32
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    What are some "signs of Fe"? Just the posts about how to moderate or is there anything else you can point to?

    When I took that "cognitive processes" test, Fe actually showed up as my 4th highest function. I'm just throwing that out there as more data.
    I'm not surprised. You've managed to form a lot of connection and make your name pretty ubiquitous on this forum. The way you quote people talking about you in your signature, to me, is a gimmick that increases your perceived popularity on this site. (Not trying to insult you at all, fyi, and I don't even think it's insulting, but just in case.) Your post about the moderators also supports Fe, and lastly, I get the feeling that you are uncomfortable when other people are excluded from the group or made to feel uncomfortable about something. I think that's a classic F/Fe trait.

  3. #33
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Your post about the moderators also supports Fe, and lastly, I get the feeling that you are uncomfortable when other people are excluded from the group or made to feel uncomfortable about something. I think that's a classic F/Fe trait.
    An Fi dom can get just as upset on case by case basis, based on their own values. Fi's can go on crusades. In fact isn't it more a Fi trait to go against the popular opinion of leaders and crusade for their own values?

  4. #34
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It's too deep for me to get into today. (My ideas and impression, I am not claiming to know that much really!) I had a headache all day yesturday and feel drained mentally today. I'll PM you sometime over the weekend.
    Okie doke, heart. Sounds good! Sorry about your headache. I am drained physically at the moment, but mentally I'm popping all over the place.

    Oh, but it'd be better if you posted in here instead of PM though. That way it adds to the discussion for everyone.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  5. #35
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I didn't claim it did. You were claiming that he wasn't an introvert based on his high post count. I was merely pointing out that an introvert may very well have a high post count.
    Okay. Then I guess we're not disagreeing. I actually never said he CAN'T be an introvert. I just said that I was choosing extravert and I saw no reason to choose anything else.

    I don't think a high post count indicates anything but a high level of interests in the topics or people on this board. That's all it indicates. Someone here might have a very low post count and have a very high post count on another board somewhere, we still won't know if they are introvert or extravert.
    It reflects a willingness and enthusiasm to communicate one's ideas and interact with other people, qualities identified with extraversion.

  6. #36
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    An Fi dom can get just as upset on case by case basis, based on their own values. Fi's can go on crusades. In fact isn't it more a Fi trait to go against the popular opinion of leaders and crusade for their own values?
    I don't think this has anything to do with any crusade.

    Second of all, maybe it can be looked at as an Fi trait -- so what? I haven't set out to prove he's Fe dominant. He just asked for some indications that I saw.

  7. #37

    Default

    I and E
    I was thinking you may be E you seem to enjoy posting in order to get a reaction more often than expressing an opinion although you do that too. You can't tell really online. Only you could really know where you get your energy.

    S You are S for sure. You don't seem to have started a thread on an abstract MBTI theory."Was Zangief any good" etc

    F I would say F and maybe Fe. The way you talk about your son and the fact you've got 69 friends on MBTIc. Also the way you seem to want to build the relationships.

    J or P I don't know. Your job sounds like a stereotypical J job. I lean towards J because you give off a motherly vibe. And that would make you ESFJ building on what I already said.

    Random thoughts though. You typed Chris Farley as ISFP and I imagine you as a Chris Farley type of guy.

    Friendly as hell and a bit off his rocker.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Do you have a study to back up what you've said (or anything reliable at all) or is it just something you pulled out of your ass?
    Just 15 years of observation. If you pass me your beaker and slide rule, I'll make it more scientific, since obviously you and everyone else are going all Oppenheimer about it.

  9. #39
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Just 15 years of observation. If you pass me your beaker and slide rule, I'll make it more scientific, since obviously you and everyone else are going all Oppenheimer about it.
    Oh, okay, so in other words, you pulled it out of your ass. Just checkin. Thanks.

  10. #40
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    It reflects a willingness and enthusiasm to communicate one's ideas and interact with other people, qualities identified with extraversion.
    I think it's a myth that introverts don't have this feeling as well, it is just that too much extraverting drains them and they must budget it, but online is very liberating for many introverts, allows communication at the time when they feel most up to it and they can pick and choose who and what they reply to and for how long, to what degree etc. Real life does not give these options.

Similar Threads

  1. Analyze the username of the person above you
    By DreamBeliever in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-13-2015, 12:42 AM
  2. How to Analyze the 25Quiz Personality Test.
    By Mal12345 in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 11:31 PM
  3. Analyze the girl of my dreams for me?
    By xisnotx in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 10:57 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Analyzing the social skills of all the introvert types
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
  5. "Fear of revealing too much" - Analyzing the feeling
    By Snow Turtle in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO