User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    First off, I'm not sure I agree. We could be confusing social anxiety with introversion, which are different things, presumably. The internet's anonymity has a way of evoking people's true selves.
    Eh, if you look at actual cases, that doesn't hold true. Introverts are just as active online if not moreso as/than extroverts. It reveals our true thoughts, potentially, but the interface is what distorts personality. Just as heart said, this isn't draining, unlike real life social activity.

heart on fire

Third, I am typing him based on his personality on the forum, rather than his personality in real life, which I again have no access to.
    That's the same for everyone here. Many people here claiming to be introverts have way higher post counts than extroverts. Social anxiety didn't even come into my equation. I was relating it to how draining a social activity feels based introversion not anxiety.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    My first name is Jeffrey and I was born in New Jersey. That's the closest you'll get to an answer to that question.
    Irrelevent questions, but:
    i) Have you ever been annoyed at other ways to spell Jeffrey, thinking that there Can Only Be One way to spell it?

ii) Do old Jersey cattle in from New Jersey feel an urge to moove?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Is the Jeffster an Extrovert?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster the Extrovert View Post
    Thank you, Edahn. You're the first one to actually reply with some substance!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster the Extrovert
    One thing, though, and I'm not contradicting you here, just asking for the sake of furthering discussion...wouldn't a lot of posts on an internet forum actually be MORE likely from an introvert? It would seem to me that an extrovert would desire more actual in-person contact rather than words on a computer screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Why do people equate high post counts with extraversion... it's the internet people, an introvert can go postwhore crazy without leaving their comfort zone
    It doesn't EQUATE with high post count (and I didn't say it did) but it's an indication. I'm not saying I have proof that Jeffster is extraverted (and assigning me that burden is illogical), but a high post count would be something you'd expect from an extravert. It's all the reliable evidence I have to go on. There are introverts on this site who post less, and author more concentrated posts. Those are the people I think of when I think classic introvert, not Jeffster. Not to mention, folks, I talked to him online and he wouldn't stop talking.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm..good points, Edahn.

There are two members of this forum who have actually met me in person, scantilyclad and Tallulah. It would be interesting to get their input. But of course, we only met once for lunch, so I don't how much information that meeting actually provided, especially for scanty who was focused on her young son most of the time, and rightfully so.

I've encouraged a co-worker of mine to join up here (she's an INFJ and many of the topics here are right up her alley of discussion) but so far she hasn't. She would obviously be the most qualified to analyze me as she sees me (and talks quite often to me) every weekday and the occasional weekend.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

heart on fire

Most of the extroverts I know say they don't "get" why I like to chat online so much.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Really? I do.
    What are some "signs of Fe"? Just the posts about how to moderate or is there anything else you can point to?

When I took that "cognitive processes" test, Fe actually showed up as my 4th highest function. I'm just throwing that out there as more data.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Jeffster is a FOX!

no explanation necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Irrelevent questions, but:
    i) Have you ever been annoyed at other ways to spell Jeffrey, thinking that there Can Only Be One way to spell it?
    Yes. In fact, the number of times people wrote it as "Jeffery" was part of the reason I started going by Jeff. One of my best friends growing up used to tease me by calling me "Jeff-ER-ey" just to annoy me. And it worked.

ii) Do old Jersey cattle in from New Jersey feel an urge to moove?
    Probably. It gets pretty boring just standing in one place all the time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Eh, if you look at actual cases, that doesn't hold true. Introverts are just as active online if not moreso as/than extroverts. It reveals our true thoughts, potentially, but the interface is what distorts personality. Just as heart said, this isn't draining, unlike real life social activity.

Do you have a study to back up what you've said (or anything reliable at all) or is it just something you pulled out of your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    That's the same for everyone here. Many people here claiming to be introverts have way higher post counts than extroverts. Social anxiety didn't even come into my equation. I was relating it to how draining a social activity feels based introversion not anxiety.
    Again, it's one indication, and it lends itself more to an extraverted personality than an introverted one. Maybe "many people" do claim to be introverts, but that doesn't mean that on average, a person with a high post count:time ratio is more likely to be an introvert than an extravert.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Most of the extroverts I know say they don't "get" why I like to chat online so much.
    Can you explain more about the "Fi dom" part or are you still too busy with the pizza?

heart on fire

Again, it's one indication, and it lends itself more to an extraverted personality than an introverted one. Maybe "many people" do claim to be introverts, but that doesn't mean that on average, a person with a high post count:time ratio is more likely to be an introvert than an extravert.
    I didn't claim it did. You were claiming that he wasn't an introvert based on his high post count. I was merely pointing out that an introvert may very well have a high post count.

I don't think a high post count indicates anything but a high level of interests in the topics or people on this board. That's all it indicates. Someone here might have a very low post count and have a very high post count on another board somewhere, we still won't know if they are introvert or extravert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Can you explain more about the "Fi dom" part or are you still too busy with the pizza?
    It's too deep for me to get into today. (My ideas and impression, I am not claiming to know that much really!) I had a headache all day yesturday and feel drained mentally today. I'll PM you sometime over the weekend.