• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really an INTJ?

damogari

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hello,

Thats my first post here. Recently I got really confused about my MBTI type and I decided to ask for help.

I always think about myself as an INTJ because one of MBTI tests I did a few years ago.

Recently I stumbled upon MBTI once again and decided to learn about it more. Now I know that there also cognitive functions which seems more important, and, I have to admit, I become a little obsessed about knowing my true type and functions stack. MBTI tests are always giving me INTJ but I think that I recognize which answers fits into INTJ and subcosciously choose them. I did also cognitive functions tests and have highest scores on Te, Ti, Ni, Si, Fi. On Enneagram test I got 5w4.

I read about double checking here https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/24627-quick-guide-double-checking-type.html and I have got these:

Interaction style:
Chart-the-Course: Directing & Responding

Temperament:
Rational/Theorist: Abstract & Pragmatic:

More about me:

I am 30y old male, working as programmer. I was always very shy until my High School years where I started making more serious relations, dating girls etc. I was still shy but I was able to start a conversation with strangers. It gets even better when I got into University, but I still dont like to talk with the strangers ( for example calling to bank or energy supplier) and I am happy that my ESFJ fiancee is doing the talk 😃. I still sometimes dont know how to behave in different social occasions, frequently dont know how to react for someone's cry etc.

I like spending time with myself, but I like also spending time with my fiancée. She likes to be among the people so is often going out to meet friends while I stay at home. I like it, because I have my own time this way. Several times a month I meet with my or our common friends. I noticed that when I'm with them I'm more talkative than usual, I'm often fooling around, which is rather unusual for me.

Goals - when I am obsessed about something I cant think about anything else for a days or weeks. After some time I eventually get bored and begin to looking for the other interesting things.

One thing that differentiates me from the INTJ type is that I usually try to smile to people and make them comfortable in my company. Sometimes I catch myself on mimicking other people body language or behaviour to appear more likable to them. Its very rare to me to be rough or nasty for someon, except in cases when someone really upset me, then I can really hurt someones feelings. I dont really care of tradition or social norms, but on the other side I dont want to be an asshole so I usually try to fit into social situations

I am frequently looking for second bottoms in peoples words. Sometimes I think of the words I used to communicate with people important to me and consider how I could do otherwise if I stepped back in time.

I really like to set a goals for myself and hate when someone is working within long term plan in mind. All my work and hobby activity is goal oriented. Earn X money, deadlift X kg, dont drink coffee for a month, get this achievement in video game etc. Even when I am relaxed and want to entertain this should have a goal within. I noticed that if goal is not a long term goal (for example more than a few months to achieve) I generally achieve it. In the other case I can get bored in the process and drop the goal from my list.

Like to talking about pointless theories, but if something is not interesting me I am not joining to the discussion. I have generally an opinion on every topic, but if someone would bring a hard data and logic to the table I am very interested in reconsidering my opinion. Somtimes I become really annoyed when someone cant even try to understand my theory based on logic and facts. Trying to be objective, even when the truth is not what I like.

I believe that everyone should go by his own way be independent on the others, but on the other side I see how people are ineffective in life. It drives me crazy when someone is doing his thing in not optimal way, why is he not even try a better way?! Everyone should come out of his comfort zone to grow but I always hate to do it mysef and usually I become really stressed in the process.

I always feel that I have so much to improve in myself and sometimes I am not even happy of achieving the goals, because it means that I need to set a new goal and pursuit it.

I hope that you will help me and I will be able to get past it and focus on other things ;)

Thank you