• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Face type muh face for funsies

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've been learning about visual typing and I'm also a bit bored, so I'd like to present a series of photos of my mug for your typing consideration. I've included a variety of photos including solo and group shots dating from 12 years ago to present. I'm open to all typing interpretations.

First, if you're interested, here are some resources for visual typing for:

instinctual stacks: Visual Typing - Instinctual Variants - MBTI / Enneagram blog
dominant MBTI function by eyes: Typing is hard, Visual typing: eyes
socionics quadras: Socionics - the16types.info - Visual Identification

Solo photos:

Group photos:

I think it's far too easy to have a certain image of someone in your mind based on your interactions with them online, and I like to think that my photos show a slightly different side of me. I'm trying to work my way up to a potential video - we'll see if I ever get that far.

Just an observation lacking any typing as I suck at typing let alone typing by a face. However, you definitely seem to be like me when it comes to taking pictures. You seem to dislike smiling in them if it’s not genuine. Your eyes aren’t smiling along with your mouth. They’re definitely piercing yet soft at the same time if that makes sense. There’s also a sadness in them under a coating of steel. You carry yourself as reserved yet there’s a mischievous aura about you. No I can’t see auras just your general demeanor hints at a playful side that you probably don’t show to very many people. Otherwise you’re way more photogenic than I am. :)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Just an observation lacking any typing as I suck at typing let alone typing by a face. However, you definitely seem to be like me when it comes to taking pictures. You seem to dislike smiling in them if it’s not genuine. Your eyes aren’t smiling along with your mouth. They’re definitely piercing yet soft at the same time if that makes sense. There’s also a sadness in them under a coating of steel. You carry yourself as reserved yet there’s a mischievous aura about you. No I can’t see auras just your general demeanor hints at a playful side that you probably don’t show to very many people. Otherwise you’re way more photogenic than I am. :)

Thank you. This is exactly how I see myself in photos. There is a certain detachment/guard, yet an alluring or slightly challenging quality as well, which I think describes me fairly accurately. I never smile with my mouth open, unless I am laughing and it's a candid shot.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Yeah, you look a lot like my friend actually. Like a lot. I mean, she smiles a bit more in her pictures but whatever. I can't describe her looks, but I know her personality. She is playful. VERY playful and mischeivious. As a said before, what stands out is her laughter (people like her for that). She can come off reserved/shy because she is super self-conscious ...she is ALWAYS thinking about the dynamic that exists between people (how to relate to others, what things she should say to people ...basically, her focus is on how to socialize with others), but she loves to tease people and do things that make her laugh/have fun.

When I first met her, we were in a group of 4 (including her) and she was being quiet and looked timid. But something prompted her to say that when she was college kid she'd press all of the buttons in the elevators and watch people get mad/see people's reactions (simply because it was fun/entertaining).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yeah, you look a lot like my friend actually. Like a lot. I mean, she smiles a bit more in her pictures but whatever. I can't describe her looks, but I know her personality. She is playful. VERY playful and mischeivious. As a said before, what stands out is her laughter (people like her for that). She can come off reserved/shy because she is super self-conscious ...she is ALWAYS thinking about the dynamic that exists between people (how to relate to others, what things she should say to people ...basically, her focus is on how to socialize with others), but she loves to tease people and do things that make her laugh/have fun.

When I first met her, we were in a group of 4 (including her) and she was being quiet and looked timid. But something prompted her to say that when she was college kid she'd press all of the buttons in the elevators and watch people get mad/see people's reactions (simply because it was fun/entertaining).

She sounds fun. I approve.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been learning about visual typing and I'm also a bit bored, so I'd like to present a series of photos of my mug for your typing consideration. I've included a variety of photos including solo and group shots dating from 12 years ago to present. I'm open to all typing interpretations.

In my opinion, the following apply:

sx/so

- (extremely common type for female celebrities)
- can look deceivingly sp-ish in single pictures
- you need to watch several pics to see the wide range of expressions
- pro at flirting with the camera, know their best angles
- bold fashion choices
- when they smile it looks cute and smug at the same time
- either flamboyant, hypersexual or just extraâ„¢ in some way, but always in a way that it charms people instead of scaring them off

Introverted Intuition: Soft, not focused and dreamy eyes. These eyes leave you wondering if the person can see something more than you do.

~combined with some element of~

Extraverted Sensing: Very alert, focused and “hard” eyes. They seem to see everything around them.

Also, your eyes are rather widely set which indicates a preference for group values and a devaluation of a self-interested mindset.

You have a very beta quadra look overall (aka aristocratic, decisive, and subjectivist traits) but its softened by many features as well as an obvious (from your face) look that kindness>all. (Which is where Fi & Fe valuing coexist and thrive together, which they definitely do in yourself.)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You have Fi-dom face. Not a big smile, but definitely something there behind the eyes. Sensitive, playful, a little intense.

You see it a lot in waifish, singer-songwriter types. Feist, Sarah Bareilles, Sarah Harmer, etc. It's not necessarily identical features, but a vibe.

I could be biased though, because I dated a Fi-dom back in the day who looks a bit like you.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see two functions in your gaze - Fe and Se. I'm not seeing much of the signature unfocused cloudiness that's associated with Ni.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I see two functions in your gaze - Fe and Se. I'm not seeing much of the signature unfocused cloudiness that's associated with Ni.

That is interesting. I can't say that I agree with the Ni statement, as I feel that I look at things without actually looking at them, if that makes sense. But interesting nonetheless.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Question for [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION]: Are you suggesting ENFJ based on your visual analysis?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Potentially, yes.

ENFJ 4 is an extremely rare combination, particularly with a 5-wing. It's been suggested before though (more often with a 3-wing though). I'd be the most Fe-tarded ENFJ ever. :shrug:

Thanks for your assessment.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I will say one thing: I'm never not aware of the moods of others or how I think they may feel about me, and I do seem far more actively engaging than other INFJs, at least online or when I am not experiencing social anxiety and/or depression. The INFJs I know irl don't seem to be as interested in cracking jokes on Facebook or irl as much I am.

I'm the type of person who can feel like a cashier doesn't like me despite not knowing me based on their body language, tone, facial expression, eye contact, etc. for the mere 45-seconds that we are interacting. I often assume that people make snap judgements on who I am as a person based on my appearance and stereotypes. I am either completely "on," or completely "off" as far as socializing goes. "On" moments make me look like an extrovert, "off" moments are extremely uncomfortable and make me wanna spend days in my home alone eating and watching TV or pretending to be normal online.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Face typing aside, you have that trademark "scorpio stare" I think.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I will say one thing: I'm never not aware of the moods of others or how I think they may feel about me, and I do seem far more actively engaging than other INFJs, at least online or when I am not experiencing social anxiety and/or depression. The INFJs I know irl don't seem to be as interested in cracking jokes on Facebook or irl as much I am.

I'm the type of person who can feel like a cashier doesn't like me despite not knowing me based on their body language, tone, facial expression, eye contact, etc. for the mere 45-seconds that we are interacting. I often assume that people make snap judgements on who I am as a person based on my appearance and stereotypes. I am either completely "on," or completely "off" as far as socializing goes. "On" moments make me look like an extrovert, "off" moments are extremely uncomfortable and make me wanna spend days in my home alone eating and watching TV or pretending to be normal online.

I hope this isn't an inconvenience to state this here, but I realize even better what you mean about noticing the "moods" even better from your post.

This is something I do not relate to too much. One time, my friend (the one I tell you about) asked me if I wish I could disappear sometimes. I told her: "no". She said she does because when she is in public she is aware of how people are looking at her. She is almost always thinking about how people are looking at her and how she is being viewed from the outside.

I can be aware if someone is in a good mood or if they are being rude/cold or not. Also, I very much desire to treat the "cashiers" around me with respect. We both think it's nice to treat others warmly. That's something anyone of any type (enneagram, MBTI, socionics, whatever!) usually wants to do. But I definitely don't feel like the "cashiers" are judging me. I definitely do not consciously think about others in that way. I am pretty oblivious about the things you're talking about. That's a point where my friend and I differ.

I know I mistyped as IxFJ for a really long time. I thought I used Fe because I desire to be treat others warmly and be kind. And I feel very confident in areas/fields (costumer service and stuff like that) where the goal is to treat others well/make them feel good. But any relatively healthy and sane person can desire this or at least realize that this is something to good to do. It was only until I peered into the mind of someone that I know in real life who has an understanding of cognitive functions (by asking them: "why do you think you use Fe?") that I understood the difference between Fe and Fi, both in one's mentality and "behavior".

Tomb1

VIs 6w7 sp/sx. I think that fits for your type as well....I believe your earlier self-typing was 6w5 sp/sx. You remind me more of trash panda (6w7 sx/sp) than you do some of the 4w5s that post here, which aren't many. 4w5s are especially driven to brood in the arena of vulnerability and this colors the content of their introspection. It also colors the information they can pick up on about others. In contrast, your energy is harder....even when you're introspecting softer heart energy doesn't come through (head triad > feeling triad)....it's more unrefined. Your introspective abilities are more calibrated for mainstream viewing, so to speak, more factual and less intuitively refined than a 4w5's.

As you had previously mentioned pretending to be normal, 4w5/5w4s don't mind being seen as weird, even going out of their way to emphasize how normal they aren't...In contrast to the 4w5 fixed 9w1's ruminating style of introspection, the 4w5 introspection 'bleeds'. It's not stopping at the point of discomfort but dwelling into the defective aspects of the self....externalizing a persona that takes pride in these defects and vulnerabilities is central to the ennea IV character type. Pretending to be normal is the last thing you would catch a 4w5 doing online. On a minor note, you have a stronger group, moving-towards-others orientation and a concern for popularity than a 4w5 would imo...4w5 is an inner-directed, outsiderish type with a tendency towards alienation (this would be even more apparent in a social-laster).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
VIs 6w7 sp/sx. I think that fits for your type as well....I believe your earlier self-typing was 6w5 sp/sx. You remind me more of trash panda (6w7 sx/sp) than you do some of the 4w5s that post here, which aren't many. 4w5s are especially driven to brood in the arena of vulnerability and this colors the content of their introspection. It also colors the information they can pick up on about others. In contrast, your energy is harder....even when you're introspecting softer heart energy doesn't come through (head triad > feeling triad)....it's more unrefined. Your introspective abilities are more calibrated for mainstream viewing, so to speak, more factual and less intuitively refined than a 4w5's.

As you had previously mentioned pretending to be normal, 4w5/5w4s don't mind being seen as weird, even going out of their way to emphasize how normal they aren't...In contrast to the 4w5 fixed 9w1's ruminating style of introspection, the 4w5 introspection 'bleeds'. It's not stopping at the point of discomfort but dwelling into the defective aspects of the self....externalizing a persona that takes pride in these defects and vulnerabilities is central to the ennea IV character type. Pretending to be normal is the last thing you would catch a 4w5 doing online. On a minor note, you have a stronger group, moving-towards-others orientation and a concern for popularity than a 4w5 would imo...4w5 is an inner-directed, outsiderish type with a tendency towards alienation (this would be even more apparent in a social-laster).

I never identified as Sp/Sx. I did test as 6w5 Sp while in the midst of a deep depression complete with extreme anxiety after a series of extremely painful relationship deaths and a brief period of being homeless. NO ONE should type themselves at their lowest point in life. No. One.

Question: Do you read only my lighthearted jokes or trolly posts? Because I have an entire blog that shows another side of me, a side I am generally uncomfortable revealing to such great depths on stage (I used to and I usually ended up wanting to delete my posts to protect my image, so I decided to limit that). A private blog gives me a (likely false) sense of security; a place for me to be myself. Raw. Mostly unfiltered. Somewhat insufferable. I would say that I am one of the most willingly vulnerable members on the forum. You won't find any "other" core 6s doing that...

Additionally, I think you are taking my use of the word "normal" much too literally. As I am sure you will take my use of the word "security" above. I do afterall have a 6-fix, but additionally, I tend to speak in a manner which leaves out details and adequate explanation, probably because I falsely assume that people understand the deeper messages that I am implying in between my words. That is, for the most part, what Ni does. It takes extra energy and time for me to choose my words just right, so I occasionally opt for simpler language just to get through what I am trying to say.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I don't want to be seen as "weird" or different. Or at least that it isn't some innate part of my being. Also, I don't think you completely understand how 4 manifests in conjunction with Fe, or Soc for that matter. While I do identify as Sx/Sp currently, I have not completely ruled out Sx/So. Regardless, when I lost the majority of my close friendships in a very short amount of time, I was involuntarily forced into an awareness of my lack of Soc. My friends left me because I was shitty at being there for them when I didn't need or want them myself. I didn't check in with them like I should have. Once I realized the error of my ways, it was impossible to turn the other way. I'm actually surprised that you haven't picked up on the deep shame I now carry... everyone else here has made it clear that it's obvious to onlookers.

And what makes you think that a 4 should be revealing to the point of hemorrhage? Is it not human, regardless of the theory of typology, to reach for a cloth and apply heavy pressure when you realize that you are bleeding out? You have no access to my inner world and don't know what parts of me I have put effort into containing for the sake of growth. A 4 should strive for better emotional regulation. A 4 Fe should strive to not disintegrate to 2 in a needy "please validate me" sorta way.

I am a core 4, for better or worse. I have a 6-fix. I use Fe. I am an intense Sx first. I have elements of 1 and strive to improve them day in and day out (including self-discipline). I am contradictory by nature, but the sum of all parts still forms a solid whole. In other words: Shit adds up.

Perhaps I have overreacted, but I am beyond the point of irritation when it comes to defending my identity. And it's not that I need you to all see me as I see myself. No. It's that other people have the arrogance to presume that they can type an individual that they HAVE NEVER MET better than the individual him-/herself. Maybe you should implement a signature that says "Take what I say with a grain of salt" instead of speaking as if your perspective is concrete fact.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Please don't take this the wrong way but I do sense Ne dom and maybe Fi in you.

I can't see INFJ.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Please don't take this the wrong way but I do sense Ne dom and maybe Fi in you.

I can't see INFJ.

Ne dom is an interesting suggestion and a first. I wouldn't take it the wrong way, I love Ne.

I'm still set on INFJ 4 Sx, although I've considered INFP and other type combinations.