• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I'm a Fi dom

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Have you ever considered INTJ or ISFP?

I have, but it doesn't seem right. I'm definitely not an INTJ. ISFP has been thrown out as an alternative type for me, but I assure you, I would never be mistaken for anything other than an intuitive in person. I have a very odd relationship with the outside world and very little control over my interactions with it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have, but it doesn't seem right. I'm definitely not an INTJ. ISFP has been thrown out as an alternative type for me, but I assure you, I would never be mistaken for anything other than an intuitive in person. I have a very odd relationship with the outside world and very little control over my interactions with it.

Does your intuition function more like a tree branching out or like a patchwork quilt of interconnected patterns?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Does your intuition function more like a tree branching out or like a patchwork quilt of interconnected patterns?

Well, it seems people centric. I study the behavior/moods of others with little effort/consciousness and I read between the lines to determine things about them, which seems to be Fe feeding Ni. I do like to dream and think of possibilities, mostly regarding my future, and I have some superficial Ne use in my humor, but I'm not sure it goes beyond that? I have shit Si and Te is a struggle.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I start at the tips of the tree and I connect at the root level that which cannot be seen. With people at least.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I identify more strongly with the descriptions of democratic types. The descriptions of aristocratic types do not seem very flattering to those types, but could I be thinking that because said descriptions seem more alien or distasteful to me to begin with?

I see you as having a very casual, direct style of communication. It seems you wouldn't enjoy certain "rituals" in relationships that aristocratic types enjoy.

To your question, it could be that most socionics authors are usually in democratic quadras (with the exception maybe of Meged and Ovchorov, who I believe identify as an IEE and SLI dual pair), so they write from the persepctive of their values.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So tell me why you think so.

I think I’ve always operated expecting the world to operate on logic and reason even though I thought i wasn’t. I’m INTJ and it made sense. Because I usually don’t make decisions concerning for the benefit but more out of instinct or reason.

I asked myself the other day: why do you care everyone is happy?

Then I painfully admitted to myself because of my high sensitivity so I don’t get hurt. Most of the time, I feel nothing from strangers but I usually feel painfully me. Maybe so much of me I thought it might of been them and maybe it is. But emotions transfer to people more readily than I thought. Emotions are so unconsciously hard to understand for me. The labels never satisfy because they feel in degrees. They’re like to me flames of differing colors and intensities.

While those with Fe identify and lay down emotions. I underestimated how much I go to cry in private (like when I go to my car after the event) people aren’t usually understanding of me until they see me get emotional. Some people see me as bossy and no one wants to be straightforward because they keep assuming I’ll get their emotional subtleties just right. I believe I lied to myself that day that I got the common public. Where I stood good at was pattern recognition and desiring to do what’s right. INTJ’s do want to follow principles and please others, not all but some definitely do. I just believe I fit in the smaller niche of this personality type.

I’m really good at being independent. I don’t go shopping or eating with anyone really. People relied on me to get the “tougher” things done at work. INTJ’s don’t have a better bodily constitution than everyone else, they still suffer from eating poorly, lack of exercise, weakness from mental illness etc.

I was very much a you do you kind of person whether or not it was convenient for me or not.

Hopefully maybe some of these tert Fi relates to you.

ETA: and I realize I constantly change my values to attune what is reasonable sometimes making my feelings change for things. I realize I get less upset about things after “understanding better”.

I am very efficient when im organized. Usually some of my leaders at work feel threatened by my competence and boost of drive. If I believe in something. I’ll go far. If I don’t. I won’t. But I also realize my Fi is more in the service of Te than it is the other way around.

I also see my emotions change once I force myself to go through an uncomfortable situation. Probably what an Fi dom would much more avoid.

While examining myself I usually thought too that I find myself saying no need to get emotional, I’m sure we can work this out. And I feel terribly lonely when no one gets what I’m feeling at times or I don’t have the experience to relate.

x Forever

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally; just need to change the Ne to Se and you're set.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not a very active member, so I don't actually know you. But since I'm on the same boat, always thinking I could be Fi-dom, I just took a look at this thread. These reasonings are the motive why I lean towards Ti-dom for myself:

Dominant Ji-users actually tend to share similar features, even though a lot of people think they're completely different. I saw a user talk about your triggers in a pretty vague way. That's unfortunate for me, because it could have helped me a lot to understand you more. I also think that people mistake inferior Fe triggers for inferior Te ones. Both Ji-doms actually long indirectly for acceptance, but in different ways. The main difference is that Ti-doms want to be socially accepted despite their unique thoughts, while Fi-doms want to be accepted into the system despite their unique feelings. This gets pretty twisted, because it's actually not easy to understand if you desire to be accepted in a Ti way, or in a Fi one. It seems easy conceptually, but reality is different. For example, usually the term "value" is associated with Fi, but I'm sure that Ti-doms got values too, but they got a different root.

In terms of behaviour, Ji-doms all tend to behave in particular and original ways, but for different reasons. The difference lies in the fact that Ti-doms want the freedom to think with their own head and make up their own theories while being socially accepted and considered like all the other people. Basically: "I want to think with my own head but feel like everyone else". A Fi-dom tends to accept the common understanding of things, but wants to feel in their own way. They don't want to feel like everyone else. So their sentence would be: "I accept the common thoughts, but want to feel unique".
This reasoning explains why Ti-doms always question systems from a logical standpoint, while Fi-doms critique matters like morality and freedom of expression (I'm not saying that a Ti-dom can't talk about morality, but usually it works like this).

A thing I noticed is that both the Ji-doms are quiet people, but tend to explode when they're triggered. The difference lies in the fact that an angry Fi tries to be overly logic and cold, and becomes quite bossy and controlling, while an angry Ti gets actually more emotional, and they don't even hide their anger. Fi-doms don't want you to notice they're hurt, so they just become annoying while pretending they're fine. Ti-doms, despite looking more like robots usually, are like "you ****ing hurt me, piece of ****. Now I'm gonna hurt you".

Fi --->gets triggered---->tries to appear particularly cold and bossy
Ti--->gets triggered--->blasts his true feelings

Keep in mind this is my own interpretation, and feel free to correct me.

Also, from what I've read, you feel the need to express yourself using art. I think this may be a little bit more a Fi thing to do, because they tend to feel the need to express their feelings artistically more. But of course, a Ti could do that too. It's just something that makes me think a little bit more about Fi.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A thing I noticed is that both the Ji-doms are quiet people, but tend to explode when they're triggered. The difference lies in the fact that an angry Fi tries to be overly logic and cold, and becomes quite bossy and controlling, while an angry Ti gets actually more emotional, and they don't even hide their anger. Fi-doms don't want you to notice they're hurt, so they just become annoying while pretending they're fine. Ti-doms, despite looking more like robots usually, are like "you ****ing hurt me, piece of ****. Now I'm gonna hurt you".

Fi --->gets triggered---->tries to appear particularly cold and bossy
Ti--->gets triggered--->blasts his true feelings

It's funny how single words can mean very different things to different people. I'm guessing I'm going by a different understanding of "triggered" because I don't see this. And I don't think I would ever describe asynartetic as being bossy. When I say "triggered", I'm talking about the experience of kind of suddenly getting 'stuck' on something that someone else has said or done.

I can't speak about all FJs, but people-oriented introverted intuition tends to loop in a sort of "what exactly is going on here" thinking pattern when triggered (according to the understanding of "triggered" that I'm using). It becomes a sort of white noise that competes with our external surroundings for our attention. Whenever something feels 'off' or not quite right, we become preoccupied with "what exactly is going on here." It's not about 'right' or 'wrong', it's more like "something here isn't working - what is it?"

And I'm not saying I understand exactly what's going on inside Fi doms when they're similarly triggered (ie when they're suddenly preoccupied with a parallel 'white noise' competing for their attention), but it seems to revolve around "why exactly am I not okay with this?" On the outside, it looks like the person is struggling to reconcile how something that seems "wrong" to them is not considered thusly by others.

And so, not only it is unlikely I would ever consider asynartetic as bossy - but I've actually seen him "triggered" (according to how I'm using the word) by others being bossy. Like, I'm guessing he believes being bossy is "wrong".

Additional disclaimer: I'm not saying I know I'm right about any of this. I'm just presenting thoughts that have occurred to me and my current opinions.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
It's funny how single words can mean very different things to different people. I'm guessing I'm going by a different understanding of "triggered" because I don't see this. And I don't think I would ever describe asynartetic as being bossy. When I say "triggered", I'm talking about the experience of kind of suddenly getting 'stuck' on something that someone else has said or done.

I can't speak about all FJs, but people-oriented introverted intuition tends to loop in a sort of "what exactly is going on here" thinking pattern when triggered (according to the understanding of "triggered" that I'm using). It becomes a sort of white noise that competes with our external surroundings for our attention. Whenever something feels 'off' or not quite right, we become preoccupied with "what exactly is going on here." It's not about 'right' or 'wrong', it's more like "something here isn't working - what is it?"

And I'm not saying I understand exactly what's going on inside Fi doms when they're similarly triggered (ie when they're suddenly preoccupied with a parallel 'white noise' competing for their attention), but it seems to revolve around "why exactly am I not okay with this?" On the outside, it looks like the person is struggling to reconcile how something that seems "wrong" to them is not considered thusly by others.

And so, not only it is unlikely I would ever consider asynartetic as bossy - but I've actually seen him "triggered" (according to how I'm using the word) by others being bossy. Like, I'm guessing he believes being bossy is "wrong".

Additional disclaimer: I'm not saying I know I'm right about any of this. I'm just presenting thoughts that have occurred to me and my current opinions.

I understand what you mean. In my language the word "triggered" gets used in a weird way probably. I'll explain it with a stupid example:
Rob had a dog. One day a clown kills his dog and Rob starts to panic. After one year Rob and his wife are talking. His wife talks about a tv show about clowns. Rob remembers the clown killing his dog. The clown subject is a trigger for Rob.

FWIW, Fi-doms get into a triggered state of mind when someone disrespects them or says something that goes horribly against their values. Unlike the clown example, there's no trauma. They just get triggered. Oh god. I explained this in a horrible way. I should have used a different word lol.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I think your application of "triggered" is correct too - I just wasn't thorough in explaining my initial comments, I think. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get "triggered," I go Hulk-y with my emotional state and can cut people down. It was more apparent as a child and teenager and I've worked on learning to keep it under wraps if it happens. Kohlinahr or something.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe someone can visually type me if they feel like it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I still feel like I might be an Fi dom too.
None of this even matters, it's just that my whole focus in life is figuring out who I am and evolving it appropriately.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Welcome to the Fi Dom club! Well if we had a club. We don’t. I guess. Maybe I just wasn’t invited. If we did there are no club rules as we each follow our own set. But hey, no club dues to pay. No silly handshakes or hats either. First rule of Fi club is there is no Fi club.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still think about this. Would appreciate objective opinions (as much as is possible via internet interactions and perceptions). A lot of members here seem convinced I'm a Ti dom but I myself still have trouble seeing it. Why do you see this? Or why do you see Fi, if you're one of the few who think I'm Fi? Or why do you see a different type altogether?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I still think about this. Would appreciate objective opinions (as much as is possible via internet interactions and perceptions). A lot of members here seem convinced I'm a Ti dom but I myself still have trouble seeing it. Why do you see this? Or why do you see Fi, if you're one of the few who think I'm Fi? Or why do you see a different type altogether?

I could help you with my "alternative" view of things, since typing for me come easier, however I would need the text from your type me threads.
Are you sure you are LVEF? e9? LII Ne? Why wing 8, since 9 and 8 are sooo different over each other, that wouldn't make you to have the ambivalence of a 6? I don't mean to bother with these questions.