• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I'm a Fi dom

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I experience depression like most people do. I just get really apathetic and nihilistic and catatonic

Meh, I drink too much. Typology is becoming a waste of my time and I need to start creating some art or music. Otherwise I'm always looking for the next new high or feeling. Maybe I have 7 in my tritype

I have a somewhat addictive personality

Your just a 9 going for what it's comfortable probably (like me). And yes you really need to start and create some art and music. Stop being a consumer start being a creator!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Meh, I drink too much. Typology is becoming a waste of my time and I need to start creating some art or music. Otherwise I'm always looking for the next new high or feeling. Maybe I have 7 in my tritype

I have a somewhat addictive personality

That's also Sx for you. I have a big problem with this myself.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your just a 9 going for what it's comfortable probably (like me). And yes you really need to start and create some art and music. Stop being a consumer start being a creator!

Yes to being a creator, and not just a consumer.

I've been away from forums, busy with playing my keyboards and painting. It feels better than arguing over the net, I can tell you that! Not that I don't have worthwhile contacts on here, I do, just that if I come back on here, it's gonna be to interact with those contacts and keep up, and IRL continue my passion. It's easy to get sucked into discussions which aeren't very constructive, and once a behavioral pattern develops in a certain environment it can be hard to change that pattern. [MENTION=19700]asynartetic[/MENTION] this is for you, as well. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm reticent to explain because I don't know how Fi doms would want it explained and I'm not sure I want to deal with the backlash.

The word "trigger" seems to be loaded, and even used as an aspersion in online discussions. I do not intend it as an aspersion here. Everyone has triggers. In the sense that I'm about to use it, even the Dalai Lama still has triggers. I use it in the sense of resembling shenpa.

Also, I want to point out that - no matter what a person's type - it's relatively evident when someone gets triggered/hooked. It's not clear what the trigger is, nor is it clear why - but there are observable indications that seem relatively clear, that it is happening. And all types seem to have something like type-common hooks. In fact, I often suspect someone is INFJ if I see them get hooked by things that (ime) mostly only INFJs get hooked by.

All that being said, I've noticed you seem to get hooked/triggered by things that Fi doms get triggered by. You balk at the things Fi doms balk at. But I don't know how to effectively describe what the trigger is.
I would really like to hear more about this. If you don't want to post the difference here, could you pm me?

This is how I do it...

I don't think I experience depression like most people do. I just get really apathetic and nihilistic and catatonic

Haha. :D

Addendum: After realizing that that may appear callous, I'm not laughing at your suffering. I'm just not sure if you were serious in describing long term heavy depression perfectly and then saying you experience it differently. It sounds like depression as experienced by the masses to me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wife unit thinks I'm an INTP.
Did I read some place that you create some type of art? If you do, would you be comfortable either posting an example or posting a link to sources of inspiration that show a similar approach? I would be more likely to have an opinion on your typing if I saw how you create. Perhaps others would have input as a result.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Did I read some place that you create some type of art? If you do, would you be comfortable either posting an example or posting a link to sources of inspiration that show a similar approach? I would be more likely to have an opinion on your typing if I saw how you create. Perhaps others would have input as a result.

Mmm yes. :) There isn't some science to what I see in people's art, but I feel I have seen some connections to some typings and how they create. I think seeing some artwork would be a good base to start from.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]asynartetic[/MENTION]
Cool stuff. This is not a definitive answer, but in my impression, your creativity feels very, very T - oriented. I could definitely see INTP in your art.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I also feel like an Fi dom frequently. It doesn't help that people like to say "YOU'RE NOT A NI DOM, PETER" to me like all the fucking time.

Then I'm like "shut up and watch me talk."

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]asynartetic[/MENTION]
Cool stuff. This is not a definitive answer, but in my impression, your creativity feels very, very T - oriented.
I agree, and I like it.

I was thinking that maybe I'm driven by a very personalized system of values and ethics that doesn't always line up with other people's beliefs.
That doesn't make you Fi-dom, or necessarily Fi at all. That being said, I feel the same way about myself, and at least have tert-Fi. FWIW, my husband is INTP and his system of values/ethics is only apparent if you know him well. Much of it does seem to align with others' beliefs, but I have come to learn much of that alignment is coincidental, meaning: he doesn't do it in order to align with them, but because he has decided for himself that those parts of the common ethical system make sense (Ti?) to him.

You asked my impression of you. I don't have time to put that properly into words right now. The above is part of it. To throw out a few thoughts: you seem to think a good deal about things, and don't just accept what others say. You do better than many people here at being willing to question your own assumptions and preconceived notions, and not only to revise them when new information warrants, but to be open about having done so. You are much less reactive than most folks, in a laid-back sort of way which gives the impression that you are your own person and aren't much bothered what others think of you. I won't even try to relate these tidbits to type. Perhaps you can fit them into whatever framework you are considering.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also feel like an Fi dom frequently. It doesn't help that people like to say "YOU'RE NOT A NI DOM, PETER" to me like all the fucking time.

Then I'm like "shut up and watch me talk."

I could see INFJs having potential to have a slightly more direct interaction style and therefore potentially come across as bossier than INFPs

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree, and I like it.

That doesn't make you Fi-dom, or necessarily Fi at all. That being said, I feel the same way about myself, and at least have tert-Fi. FWIW, my husband is INTP and his system of values/ethics is only apparent if you know him well. Much of it does seem to align with others' beliefs, but I have come to learn much of that alignment is coincidental, meaning: he doesn't do it in order to align with them, but because he has decided for himself that those parts of the common ethical system make sense (Ti?) to him.

You asked my impression of you. I don't have time to put that properly into words right now. The above is part of it. To throw out a few thoughts: you seem to think a good deal about things, and don't just accept what others say. You do better than many people here at being willing to question your own assumptions and preconceived notions, and not only to revise them when new information warrants, but to be open about having done so. You are much less reactive than most folks, in a laid-back sort of way which gives the impression that you are your own person and aren't much bothered what others think of you. I won't even try to relate these tidbits to type. Perhaps you can fit them into whatever framework you are considering.

I think a lot of my ethics are picked and chosen from other sources/belief systems and it might explain why I don't feel I could fully commit myself to any one ideological system. It would be unlikely the entirety of an ideological system would withstand my scrutiny but I have no problem accepting individual pieces if they work for me and fit into my greater worldview. Later I may discard pieces as my worldview evolves with the addition of new information and the jury is still out on certain things. Or they're conditional, for example the death penalty, which I don't like but might be able to agree with on rare occasions. Like that episode of Bones when she agrees with it because of the terrorists who butchered school children in Rwanda

Does your INTP have role models or people he looks up to, whether it be someone he knows or some scientists or celebrities?

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how many years of MBTI and we still can't accurately identify Fi (or other functions) to discern someone's type. I'm wondering if there's even types at all....Maybe the assumption that every person has specific cognitive preferences that go in a certain order is just hogwash.

(I'm gonna post this on my Fi thread, but I thought of this in response to your thread so I'm leaving it here as well : )

In other news, in my folly to understand Fi...today I had this car driving session while thinking about it (I do most of my thinking while driving). I got again some uintuitive feel for what it might be....and the best way I can describe it is that it entail feeling ... like actually measuring the value of thoughts and considerations on how they feel...to get to that core truth. Which only reinforces my idea that we are NOT for the most part using our aux and dom in the way the books of legend would have us believe. I could see how that "feeling into it to internally catalog it" (my description of Fi so far) is POTENTIALLY a big strenght of mine...but I haven't been using it most of my life...in fact I've been THINKING and philosophizing much more than I do actual feeling. But I can see how feeling would actually be preferential to me. Our society values thinking a lot more than feeling....feeling is a sensual kinda of experience...

So I guess the question when determining your true type would be....what is your true cognitive preference BEYOND what I've been doing for years i.e. ....what actually WOULD feel most comfortable for me. We are all conditioned to be not-like oureslves at the end of the day. In order to find your TRUE preference...you must come to a certain degree with self-awareness and self-discernment.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how many years of MBTI and we still can't accurately identify Fi (or other functions) to discern someone's type. I'm wondering if there's even types at all....Maybe the assumption that every person has specific cognitive preferences that go in a certain order is just hogwash.

(I'm gonna post this on my Fi thread, but I thought of this in response to your thread so I'm leaving it here as well : )

In other news, in my folly to understand Fi...today I had this car driving session while thinking about it (I do most of my thinking while driving). I got again some uintuitive feel for what it might be....and the best way I can describe it is that it entail feeling ... like actually measuring the value of thoughts and considerations on how they feel...to get to that core truth. Which only reinforces my idea that we are NOT for the most part using our aux and dom in the way the books of legend would have us believe. I could see how that "feeling into it to internally catalog it" (my description of Fi so far) is POTENTIALLY a big strenght of mine...but I haven't been using it most of my life...in fact I've been THINKING and philosophizing much more than I do actual feeling. But I can see how feeling would actually be preferential to me. Our society values thinking a lot more than feeling....feeling is a sensual kinda of experience...

So I guess the question when determining your true type would be....what is your true cognitive preference BEYOND what I've been doing for years i.e. ....what actually WOULD feel most comfortable for me. We are all conditioned to be not-like oureslves at the end of the day. In order to find your TRUE preference...you must come to a certain degree with self-awareness and self-discernment.

To the bolded, I think both yes and no. I'm at work right now but I can type out an explanation of my reasoning later.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think a lot of my ethics are picked and chosen from other sources/belief systems and it might explain why I don't feel I could fully commit myself to any one ideological system. It would be unlikely the entirety of an ideological system would withstand my scrutiny but I have no problem accepting individual pieces if they work for me and fit into my greater worldview. Later I may discard pieces as my worldview evolves with the addition of new information and the jury is still out on certain things. Or they're conditional, for example the death penalty, which I don't like but might be able to agree with on rare occasions. Like that episode of Bones when she agrees with it because of the terrorists who butchered school children in Rwanda Does your INTP have role models or people he looks up to, whether it be someone he knows or some scientists or celebrities?

How do you make judgements on belief systems and whether a piece of one or not fits in to your world view? Are you able to tie your answer to this question to a specific reason or moment from past personal experience that has led you to making that decision today or future decisions?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see INFJs having potential to have a slightly more direct interaction style and therefore potentially come across as bossier than INFPs
I think any type can be bossy, but "bossiness" is not normally associated with Fi-doms. There is just weirdness online. INFJs do have some in their description of giving advice and feeling disappointed when people reject it, but I don't think that actually means 'bossy'. Fi-doms can have strong sense of judgments (being a judging dominant), but actually bossing people around a lot suggests a person may not actually be Fi-dom, from my understand and reading of MBTI at least.