User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Uhh - wondering my ENTJness

So I'm ENTJ, by recent test and self-evaluation. Seems sensible. I've been that in my most productive times, when I haven't had any weakness of mind. I'm feeling a bit dull tho, and my lifestyle - along with my values - have been described as shallow.

Yet, I don't feel a bit like a leader, someone who's taking over the world or anything like that. I feel just as I did as an ENTP, just that I've gathered my shit together.

So what have I done differently to what I did as an ENTP?

I wake up early and do long hours of work.

I test how much willingness to work (drive) I get from each short period of free time. I'm trying to find out what is the least amount of free time I can do to keep myself focused, and to pay my debt in the minimum time possible.

I still see myself as flexible, funny man.. someone with no evil intentions.. tho I do push a lot more on my loved ones. I still calculate if it is useful to do so .. so I think I'm more balanced now than I was as ENTP, with the ability to weight carefully if a given pleasure is good enough to outweight the problems it gives. I'm not so more a slave of addiction, or desire; Not a joyless person either.

Yet I wish for something more, and feel less satisfaction for doing irresponsible things at a whim.

I've flexed around ENTP .. I've strongly identified with ENFJ, ENTJ, ENTP and ENFP some time in the last 8 years I've known about MBTI, moderately with INTP, INTJ and ESTP, and weakly with ISTP and ESTJ. The rest I've not identified with at all, ever. That ENFJ time seems like idiocy to me this time, ENFP time cute but non-successful.. Which leaves out ENTP and ENTJ as respectable types I've strongly identified with, as ENTJ as my work-mode (which may lead to burnout), and ENTP as my recovery mode (when I don't accomplish as much as I'd like).

I think I've been ENTJ and ENFP at my personal best, or something I've felt as best at a time. I've regretted ENFP times, but practically none with ENTJ .. yeah, ENTJ time has been my best time, when measured by what I do. ENTP by my enjoyment of the moment.

I guess ENTJ-time has been my power-time too, something that has driven me to burnout when not done right. ENTP time has been the most stress-free-time, something I've approached when I haven't felt any external pressures, or when I've been lazy, or still recovering from burnout. (and there have been a few of them).

So uhh, my type of the day is ENTJ. This type is a bit hated in here, so at first I just thought to shut up until the feeling passes.

THere's that explanation too, that a flexible person "becomes" the person he has to in order to accomplish what he wants. I surely have that.. yet I don't necessarily accomplish what someone else wants. LOl. So am I ENTP (the chameleon) .. or was it ENFP? in the end, just having my ENTJ costume on?

Not a big deal, personality is just meh to me, compared to what's going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

OMG Typo, BIG typo.. I wrote ENFJ, but I meant ENTJ. I am a bit tired. Hope no-one's written a long story of my new-found ENFJ-ness while I corrected that mistake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThatGirl

have you noticed that same types have the same cycles? I wonder if enviornmental attributions play a role?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I gotta say that we seem to think alike on this matter. It took me bloody three years to figure out I was an ENTJ. I don't feel like some bloody leader, and up until recently i've probably acted as some kind of shadow type because I was between a rock and a hard place. As you said to, i've got my shit together now and then my ENTJ costume comes on.

Do you think many ENTJ's have this problem, Not identifying as ENTJ?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ

I've been pushing myself very gently to some goals, tho I guess the environment haven't been so gentle. I've wanted this, but the last push came from outside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Uhh, this text is in no disrespect to ENTP. Just that I didn't feel like being a completely able person as an ENTP, i.e. being too much a slave of my whims, I wasn't truly carefree or leisurely enough to qualify as an average ENTP. For a long time, I felt like lacking in the creativity department, and improvisation.. I also felt much too serious for my own good, and I've only got more serious. THe whole package makes more sense as an ENTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Unfortunately I can't relate, but as an abstract thinker I hope I can respond adequately.

The difference is that your primary function switched from extroverted intuition to extroverted thinking.

My theory is that you started out as a strong extroverted thinker, regardless of your primary function of intuition. As people age, they generally tend to rely more on their past experiences (having had more of them).

As you mature, so does your sensing function (specifically your introverted sensing function). This could mean that you have taken to rely more on your old, strong secondary, extroverted thinking, changing your type to ENTJ, rather than the alternative, ESTP, because you are still a highly intuitive person.

I hope I've helped,
    Tom
    "The world is my country, and my religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine
    I think, therefore, you need to know about it.
    As always, I'm not being personal; I'm just an ENTJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I am a Leo and ENTJ, whether you believe in astrology or the MBTI, they have my definition perfect.

I have never had a problem being a leader, but have had problems being an individual because I have an extreme desire to win and it pushes people away, although at the same time pulling my teamates in.
    This world is mine - in time.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, I'm extremely competitive at heart, rather harsh and remorseless big-picture thinker.. But then, I've developed a "compatibility mode" to think less of the big picture, less of the proven, factual and competitive - and more of the cute, casual, anecdotal, personal and subjective. I've had to develop a liking for it for the sake of my sanity. But.. it makes me never feel like belonging to a random assortment of people. Still, I've learned to enjoy people for what they are and to not take myself so seriously for the most part.

I mostly feel belonging to a groups that accomplish something. Sadly, something has prevented me from understanding early enough how decisive I really have to be, and that specialization is the way to go in the current job market. That a job calls for wide knowledge of a certain area is more of a exception rather than the rule, and I regret for having made the wrong evaluations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I used to test as ENTP with J/P on the 50/50 line. Eventually though when I started reading soconics it was glaringly obvious that I wasn't ENTp there. I don't think ENTJs feel like leaders, I think that sometimes we just fall into that role because we (apparently - that's not how I feel like, but I am said to be perceived this way) are confident in our opinion/course of action when there's an uncertain issue.

The difference is that your primary function switched from extroverted intuition to extroverted thinking.
    Not exactly. It probably switched from creative (2nd function, define it how you want) introverted intuition to extraverted thinking.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp