• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Uhh - wondering my ENTJness

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
He is quite the character, one of the best in the Star Trek universe second only to...

Picard > Q

Picard = ENTJ

^^

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
hmmm...Explain

srsly... I mean it's like a universal international consensus or something - have you been living in a cave?? :huh:

*tries to find links*

Anyway, let's not get the thread split, eh? I'll ping you with it ;)

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh yea blame me for it, such a woman thing to do...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even taking the vagaries of Babelfish into account, I can see that when my ENTJ switch gets flipped, I'm the strategist subtype.

My shrink friend who does all the MBTI stuff and tests and whatever with me, he's said he agrees that certain experiences of my life have elevated my Te to about equal with Ti. He says I'm still Ne primary, but certain situations cause me to "flip the J switch" and 'become' ENTJ, letting Te lead in fact rather than Ne.

That combination of Te leading Ne, not a usual combination, I think can easily come across like the Strategist ENTJ described (sorta) above. For a while I thought I was an ENTJ, because I was in a situation where that switch spent most of its time in the 'ON' position... but it burnt me out after a while cos it's not my preferred way of being... so I reverted eventually back to 'burnt out ENTP', which can look a bit more like INTP, superficially.

i related to most of this. being an ENFP with pretty strong Te.

It would be interesting to make another thread about Ne + Te and how that manifests in ENXPs. The best way to describe it for me is having the focus of the INTJ, yet still being extroverted iNtuition... I call it the juggernaught mode/terminator mode. It makes me feel unstoppable.

I find it funny that I sometimes have more "I want to take over the world" than the REAL ENTJs do :devil:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you some kind of monster NF, oh flame of Babylon? :D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
But... an ENTJ is not just an ENTP that has got his shit together. That's ridiculous. That's like saying an ENTP is just an INTP that goes out a lot, or an ENFJ is just an ENFP that doesn't flake haha...

I wonder how many ENTP's there are out there who don't identify with their type because they have, bit like I have, learned to be a bit more organized, dutiful or disciplined...

Lucifer - yeah, he's a naughty ENTP :cheese:
Come on, ENTXs rock as far as I'm concerned! ENTPs don't have anything "lost" as a whole, or anything broken that should be fixed. It's not my main point. I'm just one instance of my personality type, whatever that may be - and I'm saying, I was happy but a bit ineffective ENTP, and I don't think I really captured the ENTP ideal. For example, I thought all the ENTP in here much more funnier by what they wrote, more interesting, etc. Granted, I'm funny in person, rather than with a secondary language I've mostly used for technical writing.

Still, I think I succeed more in the ENTJ ideal at the moment. I haven't been a balanced ENTJ when I have been one, exhausting myself with all the work when I've got the chance. I guess I'm understanding now that human mind has it's limits, and I feel the last 6 months working quite well for me.

One point of why I feel I'm a bad ENTP. I talk of variety, creativity and inspiration, but I've worked my butt off in my day job, filling job applications and such, finding only little artistic or creative merit every day. I long thought my T was stronger than N, for perhaps half a year on this forum, or more.

So, ENTP rock, my life long desires just speak more of J type - I found out to be INTJ first when I was introduced to MBTI. My life have been that of strict planning, trying to learn spontainety and all the P skills for my type, and I think I have done so quite well.

But, I know how it has been. J type behavior in the grand scale, trying to learn P things. In a smaller scale, that of few years - I've got burnouts while engaging in J behavior, and relaxed a few years at a time with P behavior. So, I guess ENTJ for now :rolleyes:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Uh... whether one or the other or whatever 'rocks' or not wasn't really my point either, dude... lol you're talking as if you thought I was taking it all personally...? :huh:

My point was that if you believed yourself to be ENTP, then simply having got your shit together alone doesn't really mean that you're not any more. But also, what personality type you are also isn't about which profile you feel most captured by. Hell, sometimes I'd like to BE an ENTJ, sometimes I wish I could be an ENFP. But I'm not. It's about what you ARE, not what you just WISH you were. Then when you realise the full potential of who you are and what that can be at its best, the idea is you accept yourself and strive to be the best you can be, rather than the 'average' or best that someone else could be.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Uh... whether one or the other or whatever 'rocks' or not wasn't really my point either, dude... lol you're talking as if you thought I was taking it all personally...? :huh:

My point was that if you believed yourself to be ENTP, then simply having got your shit together alone doesn't really mean that you're not any more. But also, what personality type you are also isn't about which profile you feel most captured by. Hell, sometimes I'd like to BE an ENTJ, sometimes I wish I could be an ENFP. But I'm not. It's about what you ARE, not what you just WISH you were. Then when you realise the full potential of who you are and what that can be at its best, the idea is you accept yourself and strive to be the best you can be, rather than the 'average' or best that someone else could be.
I didn't start from the presumption that ENTP would be bad somehow, and ENTJ would be an improvement. I noticed I'm more of a functional person at this time, well recovered from my burnout and doing what I do naturally, wishing nothing more of myself at the moment. Being ENTP, I wished of myself the capability to decide in a J-ish fashion, like I did before I had even heard of MBTI. Being ENTJ, I find nothing lacking.

I didn't choose type from a set of descriptions who rocks or anything like that.. I'm weighing what I can do in my life at the moment, and judge myself to be at my most functional time, ever. I work hard, but not too hard to relax and enjoy life.

And yeah, I wanted to shoot down the idea of ENTJ as an "improvement" to ENTP, just because it's such a ridiculous idea I can't let anyone think such a thing for a second :D No, I don't consider you someone who takes offense easily / at all , I just wanted to be clear about my thoughts and values.

In a nutshell: I am closer to my personal best now as ENTJ, which makes me think it's somehow a more "natural", "genuine" or "original" personality type for me, perhaps with INTJ. I think NTJ has been the framework of my whole life, while other kinds of personality have surfaced when I have allowed it, or the situation has forced it.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have taken the test (not from a professional) several times over the past two decades and I always come up an ENTP. I feel confident about my N & T, but the E/I and P/J, ehhh. I don't know. The problem is I seem to embody the weaknesses of both P & J.

Maybe I'm just a mature ENTP.