User Tag List

First 234

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    But... an ENTJ is not just an ENTP that has got his shit together. That's ridiculous. That's like saying an ENTP is just an INTP that goes out a lot, or an ENFJ is just an ENFP that doesn't flake haha...

I wonder how many ENTP's there are out there who don't identify with their type because they have, bit like I have, learned to be a bit more organized, dutiful or disciplined...

Lucifer - yeah, he's a naughty ENTP
    Come on, ENTXs rock as far as I'm concerned! ENTPs don't have anything "lost" as a whole, or anything broken that should be fixed. It's not my main point. I'm just one instance of my personality type, whatever that may be - and I'm saying, I was happy but a bit ineffective ENTP, and I don't think I really captured the ENTP ideal. For example, I thought all the ENTP in here much more funnier by what they wrote, more interesting, etc. Granted, I'm funny in person, rather than with a secondary language I've mostly used for technical writing.

Still, I think I succeed more in the ENTJ ideal at the moment. I haven't been a balanced ENTJ when I have been one, exhausting myself with all the work when I've got the chance. I guess I'm understanding now that human mind has it's limits, and I feel the last 6 months working quite well for me.

One point of why I feel I'm a bad ENTP. I talk of variety, creativity and inspiration, but I've worked my butt off in my day job, filling job applications and such, finding only little artistic or creative merit every day. I long thought my T was stronger than N, for perhaps half a year on this forum, or more.

So, ENTP rock, my life long desires just speak more of J type - I found out to be INTJ first when I was introduced to MBTI. My life have been that of strict planning, trying to learn spontainety and all the P skills for my type, and I think I have done so quite well.

But, I know how it has been. J type behavior in the grand scale, trying to learn P things. In a smaller scale, that of few years - I've got burnouts while engaging in J behavior, and relaxed a few years at a time with P behavior. So, I guess ENTJ for now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Uh... whether one or the other or whatever 'rocks' or not wasn't really my point either, dude... lol you're talking as if you thought I was taking it all personally...?

My point was that if you believed yourself to be ENTP, then simply having got your shit together alone doesn't really mean that you're not any more. But also, what personality type you are also isn't about which profile you feel most captured by. Hell, sometimes I'd like to BE an ENTJ, sometimes I wish I could be an ENFP. But I'm not. It's about what you ARE, not what you just WISH you were. Then when you realise the full potential of who you are and what that can be at its best, the idea is you accept yourself and strive to be the best you can be, rather than the 'average' or best that someone else could be.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Uh... whether one or the other or whatever 'rocks' or not wasn't really my point either, dude... lol you're talking as if you thought I was taking it all personally...?

My point was that if you believed yourself to be ENTP, then simply having got your shit together alone doesn't really mean that you're not any more. But also, what personality type you are also isn't about which profile you feel most captured by. Hell, sometimes I'd like to BE an ENTJ, sometimes I wish I could be an ENFP. But I'm not. It's about what you ARE, not what you just WISH you were. Then when you realise the full potential of who you are and what that can be at its best, the idea is you accept yourself and strive to be the best you can be, rather than the 'average' or best that someone else could be.
    I didn't start from the presumption that ENTP would be bad somehow, and ENTJ would be an improvement. I noticed I'm more of a functional person at this time, well recovered from my burnout and doing what I do naturally, wishing nothing more of myself at the moment. Being ENTP, I wished of myself the capability to decide in a J-ish fashion, like I did before I had even heard of MBTI. Being ENTJ, I find nothing lacking.

I didn't choose type from a set of descriptions who rocks or anything like that.. I'm weighing what I can do in my life at the moment, and judge myself to be at my most functional time, ever. I work hard, but not too hard to relax and enjoy life.

And yeah, I wanted to shoot down the idea of ENTJ as an "improvement" to ENTP, just because it's such a ridiculous idea I can't let anyone think such a thing for a second No, I don't consider you someone who takes offense easily / at all , I just wanted to be clear about my thoughts and values.

In a nutshell: I am closer to my personal best now as ENTJ, which makes me think it's somehow a more "natural", "genuine" or "original" personality type for me, perhaps with INTJ. I think NTJ has been the framework of my whole life, while other kinds of personality have surfaced when I have allowed it, or the situation has forced it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

I have taken the test (not from a professional) several times over the past two decades and I always come up an ENTP. I feel confident about my N & T, but the E/I and P/J, ehhh. I don't know. The problem is I seem to embody the weaknesses of both P & J.

Maybe I'm just a mature ENTP.