User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

I think that is probably true for some, but I do not feel like that at all.

I feel like a leader and do fall into that role often.
    This world is mine - in time.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, I'm not discounting my ENTJness on the grounds that I haven't wanted to lead. I thought about it now and then few years back, when I noticed the ability to take the responsibility and decide for some groups. I mostly just gathered data of people's desires and the resources to do so, and discussed about them until we had a solution. I think there was just a touch of J in there, but it seemed mostly P-type leading. More like being a host. But then, I was able to stop the evaluation at a point and start doing.

Career counselor, Psychologist whom I visited recommended me to either pursue a job in some unspecified managerial positions, or that of an independent expert, preferably in ICT sector (as that's the sector I can most readily enter). So yes I've thought about it, I just feel most like just leading myself first, and getting myself to my target sector/position before I can start to lead others. It might take some time too. But, now I just want to become a system administrator first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

man, being an ENTJ must be a tough thing to admit to. i feel your pain, but at this point, you should accept it, and try to carry on...somehow.....

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Do you think many ENTJ's have this problem, Not identifying as ENTJ?
    Perhaps, if it's overemphasized in the descriptions how decisive they are, not relaxed, what kind of leadership they show, etc.

I think it's been severely understated how a decisive person can actually let them selves go and enjoy the moment, when they have first scheduled the time as play time. It doesn't have to be much in advance; for me, it's just that I need to see that I can afford that time away from my responsibilities, plus I need or want it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Perhaps, if it's overemphasized in the descriptions how decisive they are, not relaxed, what kind of leadership they show, etc.

I think it's been severely understated how a decisive person can actually let them selves go and enjoy the moment, when they have first scheduled the time as play time. It doesn't have to be much in advance; for me, it's just that I need to see that I can afford that time away from my responsibilities, plus I need or want it.
    I definitely agree. Look at these nice socionics descriptions of two types of ENTjs for example, they allow for a lot more variation:

ENTJ:
    REFORMER(Te subtype)
    Logical subtype produces the impression of mobile, but strict and efficient person. Its face is not very emotional. Loves to look directly, into the support, izuchayushche. View for a long time is fixed on the collocutor or the objects. It is a little shy, although he tries to hide this. There is is somewhat it is distrustful, critical and superfluously categorical. It is difficult to distract it from that planned, he tries everything to lead to the end. In spite of habit to the meditations, it is decisive and impulsive in words and behavior. It is inclined to the prolonged conversations. Tension in the contact because of the desire to seem self-possessed, careful and serious is characteristic of it. Its apparent undeliberateness can be changed into the unexpected haste. In the majority of the cases its figure is thickset, and motions are angular. He tries to be held confidently, also, with the merit. If it jokes, then this with the serious form makes, only smiling by the corn ers of lips.

STRATEGIST(Ni subtype)
    Intuitive subtype is pleasant in the contact, it is courteous and amiable. It is affectionate, oars, it possesses a developed feeling of humor. He frequently becomes the soul of company. It is very mobile, restless and scattered, constantly it hurries, tries to have time to make much. Voodushevlen, is energetic and optimistic. It is very enterprising, boldly it goes to the risk, it has many ideas. To it is difficult long time to sosredotachivat' attention in by something one. It has immediately several points of the application of its forces. Is diplomatic galanten with all, especially with the women, but it can manifest familiarity with the closer acquaintance. Because of the tendency toward the unceremoniousness, it frequently changes a feeling of time, and it accomplishes the ethical oversights, which so rapidly he tries to correct with the aid of the jokes and different services. Behaves simply, raskovanno and unconstrainedly. In the conversation sometimes it loves to conc ern collocutor, to embrace, to kiss, to joke. Gestures and gait are deprived of the emphasized solidity, it is very natural.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ

I would fall into the REFORMER category more readily then the STRATEGIST.

That does seem obvious though.

MBTI
    ENTP

Even taking the vagaries of Babelfish into account, I can see that when my ENTJ switch gets flipped, I'm the strategist subtype.

My shrink friend who does all the MBTI stuff and tests and whatever with me, he's said he agrees that certain experiences of my life have elevated my Te to about equal with Ti. He says I'm still Ne primary, but certain situations cause me to "flip the J switch" and 'become' ENTJ, letting Te lead in fact rather than Ne.

That combination of Te leading Ne, not a usual combination, I think can easily come across like the Strategist ENTJ described (sorta) above. For a while I thought I was an ENTJ, because I was in a situation where that switch spent most of its time in the 'ON' position... but it burnt me out after a while cos it's not my preferred way of being... so I reverted eventually back to 'burnt out ENTP', which can look a bit more like INTP, superficially.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ

"Q" is described as an ENTP as well right ?

Which is why you used the picture?

MBTI
    ENTP

we're wasomeee
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ENTP

But... an ENTJ is not just an ENTP that has got his shit together. That's ridiculous. That's like saying an ENTP is just an INTP that goes out a lot, or an ENFJ is just an ENFP that doesn't flake haha...

I wonder how many ENTP's there are out there who don't identify with their type because they have, bit like I have, learned to be a bit more organized, dutiful or disciplined...

Lucifer - yeah, he's a naughty ENTP
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen