• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anybody want to try typing me? Go ahead.
[MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] - ask me anything, I dare you lol

Last edited:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He he he he I shall ask a few questions for sure :D. Hmm where to start. Personally I find tritype far more fun than MBTI :) so ill start with that.

In terms of anger do you repress it to keep the peace,express it to show you are not weak or repress it in a controlled manner leading to moral uprightness?.

As for shame do you diffuse shame by seeking love from others, by accomplishing goals or seeking your personal idenity?

And finally for fear do you seek to prepare yourself in a withdrawn way, look outwards for support or avoid the fears?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION]
Interesting, I was talking with an ISTP on PersonalityCafe and we started with enneagram there. Although he gave me the choice and since I didn't care, I flipped a coin and fate led us to enneagram first lol

Well well well, this is obvious.
9 or 8 or 1, then 2 or 3 or 4, then 5 or 6 or 7

I don't like showing anger but if somebody is pushing me and won't stop, then yes I express it. When that happens, it's because I'm convinced that the other person needs me to assert myself so they back off, because it's not like I go around looking for trouble. Sometimes I enjoy being a jerk with some things that I might say or do, but I don't even care lol
With shame, I relate with all three of those.
Since I almost never feel afraid of anything, I guess I'm avoiding it

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION]
Interesting, I was talking with an ISTP on PersonalityCafe and we started with enneagram there. Although he gave me the choice and since I didn't care, I flipped a coin and fate led us to enneagram first lol

Well well well, this is obvious.
9 or 8 or 1, then 2 or 3 or 4, then 5 or 6 or 7

I don't like showing anger but if somebody is pushing me and won't stop, then yes I express it. When that happens, it's because I'm convinced that the other person needs me to assert myself so they back off, because it's not like I go around looking for trouble. Sometimes I enjoy being a jerk with some things that I might say or do, but I don't even care lol
With shame, I relate with all three of those.
Since I almost never feel afraid of anything, I guess I'm avoiding it

Hmm going by this I would say your gut reaction seems very 9w8 with the wish to not get angry but also that kinda gut reactivity you display there when really pushed in contrast to a 8w9 which is more creating peace from a proactive gut reaction (I know oxymornic but it does make sense ;)). As for your head type from the above I could see 7w8 with the total absence and denial of fear (7w6s have more awareness of the fear they are trying to avoid unlike 7w8s which tend to be more truly fearless). If you relate to all three kinds of shame I would guess that means a 3 as 3 has a connection to all the heart types with a w2 and w4.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm going by this I would say your gut reaction seems very 9w8 with the wish to not get angry but also that kinda gut reactivity you display there when really pushed in contrast to a 8w9 which is more creating peace from a proactive gut reaction (I know oxymornic but it does make sense ;)). As for your head type from the above I could see 7w8 with the total absence and denial of fear (7w6s have more awareness of the fear they are trying to avoid unlike 7w8s which tend to be more truly fearless). If you relate to all three kinds of shame I would guess that means a 3 as 3 has a connection to all the heart types with a w2 and w4.

:thinking:

What about the order?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello Quint!

I see you around asking a lot of "what type am I?!" questions. I kinda did that when I first came too.

Here's some initial questions to guide us, answer as thoroughly as you can.

1. How do you digest new ideas?

2. How do you solve a complicated problem?

3. Are you a doer or more creative?

4. If you are creative, what do you mean by creative?

5. How do you handle conflict?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello Quint!

I see you around asking a lot of "what type am I?!" questions. I kinda did that when I first came too.

Here's some initial questions to guide us, answer as thoroughly as you can.

1. How do you digest new ideas?

2. How do you solve a complicated problem?

3. Are you a doer or more creative?

4. If you are creative, what do you mean by creative?

5. How do you handle conflict?

Hi, I'm not good at thorough. I tend to be more direct.
1. I usually try to understand it enough to make a decision on that understanding.
2. Well it depends on the problem, but I usually just follow my gut instinct.
3. Doer, if I was more creative I would also be better able to understand abstract ideas, but I don't understand that and it's annoying to me.
4. Well I practically answered that already in #3
5. I try to avoid it, but that won't always work, and that's when I push back.

@Cat Brainz
Well I'm not fearless lol, I'm just not typically involved with situations that give me reason to be afraid or worried.
I don't have an absence or denial of fear, I just don't feel fear that often.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, I'm not good at thorough. I tend to be more direct.
1. I usually try to understand it enough to make a decision on that understanding.
2. Well it depends on the problem, but I usually just follow my gut instinct.
3. Doer, if I was more creative I would also be better able to understand abstract ideas, but I don't understand that and it's annoying to me.
4. Well I practically answered that already in #3
5. I try to avoid it, but that won't always work, and that's when I push back.

@Cat Brainz
Well I'm not fearless lol, I'm just not typically involved with situations that give me reason to be afraid or worried.

Fair enough. :) I am seeing some possible thinker in you. Let us consider a few more questions.

How do you develop your ethics? Like, do you find your beliefs of right/wrong from your own conclusions or are they influenced by the group you associate yourself with?

Do you tend to project yourself to people easily, or does this not come naturally to you?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fair enough. :) I am seeing some possible thinker in you. Let us consider a few more questions.

How do you develop your ethics? Like, do you find your beliefs of right/wrong from your own conclusions or are they influenced by the group you associate yourself with?

Do you tend to project yourself to people easily, or does this not come naturally to you?

It's cool you mention Thinker, I'm already considering ESTJ 9w8 - unless I'm just getting ahead of myself lol
If you're critical about that possibility, watch a few interviews of actor Bryan Cranston, he's an ESTJ 9w8
okay yeah let's slow down, so far we've got T and 9w8-7w6-4w3
after thinking it over, I'm more into a unique identity than success

Well it's the question of Fi vs Fe, and it's Fi for me, I decide my own beliefs and ethics.
I'm not sure what you mean by project. If you mean something to the effect of being assertive, yes I'm assertive when it's necessary.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
gah, I take back some things I said xD

I've been thinking it over, and some things I said weren't true. I'm sorry, my intention was not to deceive or misinform.
I choose my own beliefs based on the groups I associate myself with.

I'm both a doer and creative. Sometimes I get random ideas, not sure where the thoughts in my brain come from.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
gah, I take back some things I said xD

I've been thinking it over, and some things I said weren't true. I'm sorry, my intention was not to deceive or misinform.
I choose my own beliefs based on the groups I associate myself with.

I'm both a doer and creative. Sometimes I get random ideas, not sure where the thoughts in my brain come from.

that's okay Quint! I know when I started out I didn't understand certain things fully so I gave answers that weren't fully accurate, without even realizing it.

So if you derive beliefs based around the people you associate with moreso than drawing a conclusion alone, it suggests Fe > Fi.

here's some more to help us.

Do you consider yourself past, future, or present oriented?

Do you think before you do or do before you think?

Do you find yourself looking at past experiences to predict the present?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that's okay Quint! I know when I started out I didn't understand certain things fully so I gave answers that weren't fully accurate, without even realizing it.

So if you derive beliefs based around the people you associate with moreso than drawing a conclusion alone, it suggests Fe > Fi.

here's some more to help us.

Do you consider yourself past, future, or present oriented?

Do you think before you do or do before you think?

Do you find yourself looking at past experiences to predict the present?

usually past and future, occasionally present
both lol but I think that I tend to think first
it depends on the context, but yes

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, based on what we have right now, I see Si and Fe. This would suggest two types: xSFJ and xNTP. I lean to you being more a thinker over a feeler, so I will suggest ENTP or INTP based on this discussion. What your actual dominant function is, can be more discovered by seeing you post and work around. so xNTP. :)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, based on what we have right now, I see Si and Fe. This would suggest two types: xSFJ and xNTP. I lean to you being more a thinker over a feeler, so I will suggest ENTP or INTP based on this discussion. What your actual dominant function is, can be more discovered by seeing you post and work around. so xNTP. :)

I was thinking the same thing, which means we agree. :)

^ See what I did there? ;)

Could you help with instinctual variant? I'm at a loss :p

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was thinking the same thing, which means we agree. :)

^ See what I did there? ;)

Could you help with instinctual variant? I'm at a loss :p

Sure! Instinctual variants are more based upon how we perceive life.

An Sp is focused on luxury. They desire comfort, and of course, self-preservation. At their worst they can be over-indulgent and gluttonous, arrogant and greedy. At their best they simply desire to be sure comfort needs are met, such as proper food. When they walk into a room, their first thoughts may be the scenery, or "will the host make sure my needs are provided?"

So is social oriented. They want to be within the group, apart of the group. They think about the aristocratic nature around them, like who is in what group and desire to choose a place. They are desperate to fit in as well.

Sx is not just about sex. But it is about desiring 1x1 intimacy and contact. Sx tends to come off as rebellious, free-spirited, and intense. They are very passionate, the most so of the subtypes.

we'll start here, from these summaries, what would you think you are?
Most types have the core type and the subtype.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sure! Instinctual variants are more based upon how we perceive life.

An Sp is focused on luxury. They desire comfort, and of course, self-preservation. At their worst they can be over-indulgent and gluttonous, arrogant and greedy. At their best they simply desire to be sure comfort needs are met, such as proper food. When they walk into a room, their first thoughts may be the scenery, or "will the host make sure my needs are provided?"

So is social oriented. They want to be within the group, apart of the group. They think about the aristocratic nature around them, like who is in what group and desire to choose a place. They are desperate to fit in as well.

Sx is not just about sex. But it is about desiring 1x1 intimacy and contact. Sx tends to come off as rebellious, free-spirited, and intense. They are very passionate, the most so of the subtypes.

we'll start here, from these summaries, what would you think you are?
Most types have the core type and the subtype.

thanks for the help so far, and your continued help
hmm, well based on your descriptions, either sp/so or sp/sx - honestly not sure between those two

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I found a resource which describes some..

sp/soc
This type is generally private and reserved, and especially serious and practical minded in their focus to gain material security and in making useful connections that support their goals. When they do form a connection, loyalty is very important to them and they will not hesitate to end a relationship on grounds of disloyalty. This type may lack a certain degree of interpersonal warmth which can give the impression of coldness or disinterest in others, even a sense of selfishness. May be drawn to groups that attract like minded individuals, as in business clubs or volunteer organizations where a shared professional culture can facilitate social bonds. They tend to live conservatively and dress in an inconspicuously appropriate fashion befitting their status in life. May have a characteristically blunt and direct style of communication that can take others some getting used to. They are particularly strong in matters of commitment and sacrifice, and enjoy being the benefactors in assisting society’s practical needs.

Motivation: to attain a position of material and societal security.

sp/sx
These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

do you find either of these fitting? :)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of sp/sx fits, except for "discrimination" - What do they mean by that? lol

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of sp/sx fits, except for "discrimination" - What do they mean by that? lol

in this definition, discrimination would mean having a very good understanding of one thing being different than another. Could say very attentive to the small details, and see if something is of high or low quality. :)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
in this definition, discrimination would mean having a very good understanding of one thing being different than another. Could say very attentive to the small details, and see if something is of high or low quality. :)

I see. I think I have an example. Two places which I frequently visit both sell White Chocolate coffee. I'm typically loyal to one company, but one time I tried the competition, because it was less expensive and had less calories. The quality of the taste was not as good as the product to which I was accustomed. Is that an example of what they mean?