• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I Really An ESTP?

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
So guys, I took some tests and I posted a thread asking about my type. The tests said that I'm an ESTP(or ESTJ and sometimes ENTJ). In my previous thread, I've also been typed as an ESTP and I think they typed me well enough based on the informations I gave. But somehow, I'm not very sure if I'm really an ESTP so if anyone is willing to give some more inputs, I'll really appreciate it.

Thank you.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

The "go with the flow" attitude that is known to be common among perceivers. I really don't have this attitude. I'm not one to react passively to environmental influences. To quote Ayn Rand :
"The difference between animals and humans is that animals change themselves for the environment, but humans change the environment for themselves."

In other words, in order to be really successful, one shouldn't allow himself to be a product of his environment. Rather, he should make his environment to be a product of his.
So in my personal life, I'm the one whom always improve, direct and redefine how things should be done. I can always find ways about how things can be done more effectively and more efficiently. This seem to me contradicts Se as a dominant function which is to adapt to it's user's surroundings with not much concern to the future implications. Me, on the other hand, constantly evaluating and analysing the end results and it's effects.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I've always wanted a great success that which will make a significant improve to the world. I don't need the credits or the appreciation for it. I'm only expecting the effects. This has been my motivation since I was a kid.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

-The freedom and power to make my own decisions
-My independence in a sense that it seemed the world maybe get fucked up some day and I would still be fine
-The ability and opportunity to make my dreams come true
-The freedom to do things the way I want to do it

4) What makes you feel inferior?

How life goes on without me and how irrelevant my existence is to the rest of the world. It isn't about seeking recognitions as much as it is about realizing how small I really am and therefore I couldn't do much with my life.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about pro-cons a lot. I also think about how effective my decisions would be. I'm certainly concerned about my feelings but I'd never allow it to affect my decision-making process because it really doesn't matter how I feel about things, what matters is what I'm going to do about it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

The primary goal is my number one priority. I'm very focus on how much time it will take, how can make it quicker and how can I do it as efficiently as possible. I certainly do like to have the control of the outcome since it would be the main reason I'm working on that project to begin with. Projects to me aren't as much as about to do something for the sake of doing it but to gain something I really want to achieve. If there's nothing to achieve, I wouldn't waste my energy and time doing anything.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Never. I always struggle to have fun. I'm not sure why. But I'm okay with it.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Well, just jump over that thing and learn as I go. If things goes fine, I'll be convinced that I've done it right and I've understood it. If something goes wrong, I'll look for more informations.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Depends. I'm not very organized in a concrete way such as having a schedule or something. But I always know what I want to do and I always do it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both are important to me. But I rarely care about how that idea is produced and more about how the result will be if the idea is applied. The thing is, I will try to analyze and prove whether it's a good or bad idea. Being just "makes sense" isn't enough for me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I don't give a damn about it.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I'm thinking while I'm speaking. I find that speaking helps me to think.

It doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is that I can speak up and I know everyone will listen.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I would be before I do it. If there's no other way to know anything about it than jumping to it right away, I'll jump without a doubt.

Talking and writing about something is already count as an action for me. So words, if it's said or written, is also an action to me.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'll go with them and go into a place where I can spend time with them as well as having my favourite show such as in a pub or maybe in someone's house.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I tend to put myself in near-death situations. When I manage to get out of it safely and brilliantly I'll feel better about my seemingly hopeless daily situations as those deadly experiences are worse anyway.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

The "slave mentality" that seem to be common among many people. I find it's really weird how people can be motivated to live by their fear of starving, poverty, sickness and the uncertain future. Only slaves should worry about such things. Free people should worry more about whether they will be able to achieve their goals or not.

I find it's depressing that when some people are willing dedicate themselves to make people's life better or to make them smarter, a lot of people are simply willing to submit to a system they already know hurts them simply because they're afraid their life will be even harder if they stand against it. So while some idealists and altruistic people think of those people merely as victims of the all the injustice in the world, they are not actually victims, they're actually willing to preserve such a system although maybe not happily do so.

This is why I think altruism is bullshit and why I don't think altruistic people are heroic in any way possible. No one is a victim of anyone else. Everyone is simply a product of their own decisions and choices. One can only have what he pay for. If we keep thinking the poor and the sick as victims whom needs help we will not ever make the world any better for such an action will create even more poor and sick people since no one is going to learn the effects of making bad decisions.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I love conversations. So I always like to talk, discuss and debate anything with other people. As long as they don't talk about non-sense or emotions too much.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

I don't know and that's why I don't pay much attention to it.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

-They seem to think of me as nothing more than just a bourbon-drinking, gun-dueling, surprisingly clever and sexually motivated troublemaker.
-I dislike my image, to be honest. Be it about how my friends perceive me or other people do in general. I always want to prove that I'm more than just a troublemaker and how I really want my signature to appear in something important and not just in a shitload of lawsuit settlement papers.
-They probably will never say I'm a well-behaved, disciplined and sentimental person.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I would like to travel around the world, checking in as much 5 stars hotels as I can afford, visiting all of the world wonders of the world, climbing the toughest, biggest mountains on earth, surviving in the jungle, practice martial arts, watch my favourite movies, learn how to play my favourite songs, writing a review about my favourite movies, music, cigars and drinks and many other things. I know I will not be able to do it all in one day but the question is about what kind of activities I would feel like doing, right?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My impression is ESTJ. The OP does sound more structured, deliberate, and acting on reality in a systematic way that seems a lot different than a Se-dom. The reference to seeking the thrill of danger has an ESTP component, but overall, it sounds like Te over Se. There is a focus on external systems, and even though you reject them, it sounds like your life and goals functions with that awareness in a way that I don't often hear from a Se-dom.

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
My impression is ESTJ. The OP does sound more structured, deliberate, and acting on reality in a systematic way that seems a lot different than a Se-dom. The reference to seeking the thrill of danger has an ESTP component, but overall, it sounds like Te over Se. There is a focus on external systems, and even though you reject them, it sounds like your life and goals functions with that awareness in a way that I don't often hear from a Se-dom.

Upon reading your post, I suddenly thought about this. Since you mentioned about Te and Se, how about ENTJ since ENTJ has both Te and Se?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTJ is possible... Need to look it over again to cement the notion.

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
ENTJ is possible... Need to look it over again to cement the notion.

Actually, I didn't think much about the ENTJ possibility until labyrinthine brought the Te and Se thing. That's when I realize I may be an ENTJ. I didn't think much about it since I don't think I'm anywhere near as intellectually curious as most NTs seem to be.

I'm ready to answer more questions. In case you need more information.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your avatar has a picture of a crotch in it. I'm thinking ESTP.