• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type me! (please help!)

rumrunner

so basically, i've been stewing over what my type might be for ages and i honestly need a pair (or two, or three) of fresh eyes. to be honest, i'm such a random mixture of personality traits that there's probably not one type i fit word-for-word, but i just want to find the type of best fit, y'know?

so here's the schpeel:
  • i'm definitely an xNxP - i'm disorganized, procrastinating, and extremely adaptable, and i love theoretical discussions and deep conversation. i'm very creative and i pretty much always have a story going in my head (though whether i ever get around to writing it down or not is a different matter)...
  • i've studied the type functions and come to the conclusion that i'm most likely an Ne, because i'm constantly coming up with and getting super excited about new ideas, but i never really enjoy carrying through with them– i just like the coming up with the plan part, the first stages of the scheme. i have great ideas but terrible follow through, mostly because by the time i've started on one thing, i've been inspired to start creating something else.

but the problem is deciding whether i'm an entp or enfp (or even whether i'm an infp or intp), so if anyone could help me out with that, that would be great. also if you want me to fill out any of that questionnaire thing, i can definitely do that.

• as for thinking - it's been said that i'm "incredibly thinking with people i don't know, and very feeling with people i do know". i tend to be indifferent to people i don't know, and reserved and quiet until you get to know me. i'm friendly, but not warm, and sometimes i can be too stiff, and too awkward with unfamiliar people. i'm not touchy-feely at all and i'm not very affectionate unless you get very close to me, and even then it's usually much easier for me to be verbally affectionate than physically affectionate.
  • intellect is, i have to say, the most important or one of the most important things to me. if i don't find someone or something intellectually stimulating or interesting, i get bored and won't really pay much attention to them. all of my friends are smart, deep thinkers. i have a tendency to make snap-judgements about people based on intelligence.
  • i've read that feelers are very concerned with helping people and humanity, and although i love to debate morality in society and the right and wrong of human actions, i don't necessarily want to make it better- i just like understanding what makes people tick, how they work. i like helping people but i would never choose a career based off of how much of humanity i saved (for example, i'd be a psychiatrist not to help people, but because i find mental disorders/the way they affect people fascinating. it would be because it would be a learning experience for me. i'd be figuring out what makes people tick.) i'd always choose a career based on whether it makes me think or not. i like people, but at my core i'm a very ideas centered person.
  • in conflict, i don't react the way i think a feeler might react, which is an emotional outburst. emotionally, i shut down and become completely closed off and cold. i don't want to hear a long, drawn out speech and i don't want to hear emotionally-charged appeals. i want to hear what i did wrong, and then i want to move on so i can fix it. i don't like to dwell on the fight or draw it out.

• as for feeling - i'm an extremely gentle person, and i'd much prefer to not offend people or hurt them if i can avoid it. i find it hard to give constructive criticism to people sometimes, because i don't want to make them feel bad. i have trouble scolding people or telling them when they've overstepped (although if i absolutely have to i will, without being emotional or subjective). i hate conflict and would rather step to the side on most things than stick to my guns and draw out the fight. most things, in my opinion, aren't worth battling about and so i can be seen as a pushover for this reason. if the subject is really important to me, though, i'll definitely stick to it.
  • i'm very emotionally aware of myself and of others, and i can read people pretty well (at least, in my opinion). i'm always there for my friends if they need to talk or if they're having trouble, and always willing to help them with anything. when making a decision, i always consider the human impact and what others' feelings might be. i'm very empathetic.
  • i'm very analytical, but not very logical. i don't generally make decisions based on rationality, because i don't generally consider that point of view first (though if this side is presented to me, i will definitely weigh it as an option). i can be very indecisive at times because i want to please everyone in the group.
  • i've heard that enfps are the most introverted extroverts, which definitely meshes with me (although enfps are also often stereotyped as incredibly bubbly, talkative, and outgoing, which is not me. at all.) i love interacting with my friends, but outside of select people i don't really care whether i'm around others or not. i like being social when i'm out, but when i'm at home, i like to be left alone. i need a lot of time by myself to think, and to write, and to plan. i'll go through phases where i'm out all the time with my group, and then others where i just want to be left to my own devices.

so yeah! sorry this is so long. thanks so much to anyone who can give me any insight into this. and let me know if you want any more info? cheers!

(also, i don't know if this helps or if this is interesting to you at all, but i tend to hang around mostly Ns, with my very best friends being an ISTJ, an INTJ, and an ENTJ. my group has a lot of ENTPs in it, an ENFJ, an EXFP (another one of my best friends), and two xNTJs.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does this description fit you?

IEE-Ne: The ENFp Intuitive Subtype

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

The intuitive subtype gives the impression of a person that has been torn off from reality. Internally focused and at the same time disseminated, they’re inclined to unexpected contrasts of behaviour where shyness and apathy are replaced by emotional elevation, determination and activity, a melancholic look – or inspired/joyful. Thoughtful and impulsive, optimistic and suppressed, timid and energetic, they provide various impressions. Internally inconsistent, sensitive and vulnerable, they hid their problems under a mask of carelessness. Try to be affable with everything, aspire to understand and favor everyone with a smile. They are attentive, soft and tactful. Willingly they explore the problems of others, try to find ways out of difficult positions and give useful advice. They protect their emotions and can threaten their opponents with notable psychological pressure. They’re impulsive, a little bit angular and their movements are badly coordinated. Gait is fast and a bit clumsy; their chins are often pointed, appear attentive, interrogative or surprised.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
maybe an ENFP who has a stronger Te.