• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTJ or ESTP

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
I took several MBTI and cognitive function tests from various sites. Most of the result shows that I have strong Se and Te. By type, the results are between ESTJ, ESTP and ENTJ. Most of the time it's between ESTJ and ESTP.

Here's the list of my most used functions :
1.Te & Se(tie)
2.Ni
3.Ti

The rest are either "limited use" or "unused". The weakest ones being Fi(very limited use)and Fe(unused).

Some descriptions about myself :

-Since I was a kid, I'm driven by this desire to change the world or at least to leave a mark upon it. It doesn't matter how long it takes or how hard the road might be. I also wouldn't do anything that wouldn't be useful for me to achieve that goal as I would consider it wasteful.
-In my life, I have taken way too many risks than what is necessary. However, I don't regret it. I regret nothing in my life.
-I'm not prepared. In fact, I'd never prepare for anything at all. I find it's a lot more rewarding to just go out with nothing at all and find ways to solve problems that might occur due to my lack of preparation as effectively and as fun as possible.
-I'd never have a role model or an idol. I always think of people who are more successful than me as my competitors; I have to outperform them.
-I'm a big conversationalist; I'm open, expressive and ready to discuss or debate anything. But I'm not one to socialize simply for the sake of socializing which I think is pointless. I only speak up when I want to say something, not because I care about you. I have no problem in being unfriendly. As long as it doesn't offend anyone.
-I prefer things to be reasonable and impersonal so everything can be evaluated and analyzed as accurately and as objectively as possible. When things get personal there tend to be a bias. When that happens, things can be unnecessarily complicated.
-I tend to get exhausted in emotional situations. I'm not unempathic. I'm just as empathic as everybody else. It just doesn't motivate me as much as it does to some other people.
-There's a paradox in me. On the one hand, I'll proudly say I'm a sensation-seeker and I want my life to be pleasurable. On the other hand, I just can't have fun no matter what. Even when I do things that are supposed to be fun I do it simply because it is beneficial to do so not simply because it pleases me.
-Admittedly, I'm always competitive against other. I don't want to simply outperform them, I want to DEFEAT them-in a fair way, of course.
-I feel emotions quite strongly. However, I'd never allow it to affect the way I function since I find that there are a lot more important things in life than personal feelings.
-I'm not a hardworker. I dislike doing sweaty work. I prefer to finish my tasks using as minimal effort as possible. If I could make enough money by lying around all day long I'll live that way.
-There are times when I may seem proscratinating while in fact I'm busy thinking and calculating about the best way to finish my tasks.
-I have no problem living dangerously so long as it is beneficial to do so.
-I don't believe in doing things simply because it needs to be done. I do things because it gives me the results I want to achieve. Everything else is bullshit to me.
-When I'm frustrated or under a lot of stress, I will put myself in near-death situations as when I'm succeed getting myself out of it, I'll be able to appreciate my seemingly boring everyday life better since that deadly experience is worse anyway.
-Generally, I don't worry about my life. I think only slaves should worry about their life, food, house, etc. Free people shouldn't worry about such things as they'll have no difficulty fulfilling their basic needs and therefore would have enough time and energy to do whatever they really want to do in their life.

Any question, feel free to ask.

Thank you. Your answer will be appreciated.

RealDeadpool01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7W8
Honestly sound like a estp man. Ive been having this same problem too, I can't for the life of me figure out if I'm a estp or estj and it pisses me off. Then again, both these types aren't that good at telling types apart and since I'm definitely one of them, take my word with a grain of salt. You just got to narrow it down and ask yourself what is your mindset naturally and most of the time, that of a perciever or a judger? Same goes for sensor and intuition, thinking and feeling, etc.

Cactus13

Enneagram
I think you are ESTP, ESTJ are strict and planner. You seem ' live for today ' and risk taker and seems to have more Se that of Te.
Several ESTP are full of ambitions and love the competition, want to be the best.
These are men of actions who can work hard if they really want something, look madonna it is an estp and she started from nothing but with her will she could have reach the top.

You are ESTP, definitely.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can see where the confusion lies, but I'll agree you are an ESTP (don't trust cognitive function tests, they are usually wrong). Se and Te often become confusing to differentiate when you involve enneatypes 7 for an ESTJ and 3 for an ESTP. In this case, you seem to be an ESTP type 3

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
Thanks for your response, folks.

Honestly sound like a estp man. Ive been having this same problem too, I can't for the life of me figure out if I'm a estp or estj and it pisses me off. Then again, both these types aren't that good at telling types apart and since I'm definitely one of them, take my word with a grain of salt. You just got to narrow it down and ask yourself what is your mindset naturally and most of the time, that of a perciever or a judger? Same goes for sensor and intuition, thinking and feeling, etc.

Yeah, I've been stuck with this typing for about a year now. At first, I didn't really care about it as it was only one letter difference so I thought what's the big deal? But the more I read about these types, the more I realize that ESTJ and ESTP are two very different types and how I'll look like a fool if I can't differentiate them. Lol.

Thanks for your suggestion, man. I'll try that one too.

I think you are ESTP, ESTJ are strict and planner. You seem ' live for today ' and risk taker and seems to have more Se that of Te.
Several ESTP are full of ambitions and love the competition, want to be the best.
These are men of actions who can work hard if they really want something, look madonna it is an estp and she started from nothing but with her will she could have reach the top.

You are ESTP, definitely.

I do make plans too, actually. My plan is very simple, it is to do whatever the hell I want to do anytime, anywhere.

True. My motto in life is "go big or go to hell".

"who can work hard if they really want something..."
This one hits me right in the face. I can work really hard to get something that I really want. The main motivation is that to get what I want. Things like duty, obligation and status quo really doesn't matter to me.

I think the only similarity between me and ESTJ is that I prefer to be in charge. Not because I'm a control freak. But because I find I can only work at my best when I have full control toward a project, a company and myself in general. If I do work when I know I can't do my best than it isn't working, it is wasting time. If I can't be the leader, I'll do it on my own or build my own team and I will do it without any hard feeling at all.

It's funny you bring up Madonna. In my teenage, I used to think I'm a younger, wilder and rougher version of Madonna. Lol.

Clear cut ESTP. You seem much more free-spirited than an ESTJ would be.

I can see where the confusion lies, but I'll agree you are an ESTP (don't trust cognitive function tests, they are usually wrong). Se and Te often become confusing to differentiate when you involve enneatypes 7 for an ESTJ and 3 for an ESTP. In this case, you seem to be an ESTP type 3

I took an Enneagram test once and it says I'm a type 8 sx/sp/so. However, upon reading the explanation of type 3 as you mentioned it I find it also describes some part of me. Since I admittedly am not very knowledgeable about Enneagram I'll stand on your conclusion.