• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can I please have help? I'm hopeless when it comes to typing

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd consider myself good at typing, but every time I try to type myself I feel as though I miss the target. I won't bias your thought process with what types I'm considering (although you could probably find this exact questionaire filled out on my reddit), but I'd really appreciate help with the typing process. I'm looking for mbti, although if you happen to see anything else notable, you're more than welcome to point it out. (For purposes of perspective, I am likely a 9w1 6w7 4w5 sp/so)

Thanks in advance to anyone who bothers

1. What makes you respect individuals, groups, or organizations? List whatever you can think of.
I respect everyone from a baseline level at least. I suppose I respect those who will speak their mind (in a respectful manner), those who are hard workers, those who are intelligent and whom I can learn things from, and those who are kind and understanding.

2. What kind of things turn you off about a person, a brand/company, or a particular environment? What gets under your skin (in a bad way)?
I’m really not a fan or people who come across excessively arrogant, are too reactive to criticism, or are self centered. I don’t like extremism in any direction or close mindedness. I don’t like risky environments lacking in security.

3. How good is your memory for detail? Specific conversations you've had in the past, little tasks that need to get done, what you were doing the first time you heard a song or tried a food, etc.
Off and on, but most of the time not good. When I remember things, it will either be weirdly specific and short or annoyingly vague and nondescript, there’s little in between. I’m pretty forgetful when it comes to tasks unless I force myself to focus on the task. I’ve been trying to work on this for years with little success. If I try to focus on detail, I’ll get most of it down and then forget something else super important.

4. What do you spend the most time thinking about - the past, the present, the future? Practical topics, logistical issues, relationships with people, theoretical concepts, issues of morality/ethics? Do you find yourself fixating on one thing, coming back to it, and trying to figure it out, or are you more prone to meandering through multiple tangentially related topics? Do you often daydream/space out? When you do daydream or fantasize, what kind of things do you imagine and think about?
Past and future, almost never the present unless I’m panicking. To be honest, I spend too much time stuck in story lines I’ve created. I don’t think a lot about my relationships with other (although I’ve been told I should more). I spend time thinking about “issues” but not so much morality, more so with society. Things more along the lines of how society is probably corrupt in nature or how it’s really annoying that most Americans are monolingual and how this holds us back from interacting with research documents from other countries (just as an example so you have a reference). I am a daydreamer (it’s actually pretty difficult to hold a conversation sometimes because of that). I think about story lines, which revolve around characters I created in an alternate universe.

5. Think about a topic or two you're really interested in and like having conversations about. Do you think you would generally have more fun talking about that topic with an enthusiastic, curious listener who asks you lots of great questions, or do you think you would generally have more fun listening to an interesting, entertaining person talk at length about it and answer your questions enthusiastically?
I like listening to people speak about most things (as long as I’m semi-familiar with the topic at hand). Talking about politics is really energizing, especially when the person I’m talking to doesn’t agree and is willing to discuss something. I don’t like screaming matches (that’s annoying, and nothing is accomplished there), but I like the exchange of ideas. I’m a listener for sure, I don’t ask a lot of questions unless I force myself, but I share information and ideas when prompted or excited.

6. In the last question, what topic(s) were you thinking about?

Oops, already answered that. I probably should have read the rest of the questions before I went on answering.

7. If someone is doing something that you strongly disagree with, how likely are you to confront them about it? If you do confront them, how do you usually tend to do it? How does your answer change depending on your relationship with the person, and whether their actions directly affect you?

I suppose that depends. If it’s not hurting anyone, I might cringe but say nothing. If it’s really causing trouble, I’ll probably directly tell them what they’re doing isn’t the best idea and try to explain why I believe so or alternative things they could be doing. If it’s really bad I might get a little fired up, but I’m typically tact oriented regardless of the person. The closer I am, the easier it is to confront the person, although with strangers I might come across a little more brash.

8. How interested are you in trying new things - traveling, trying strange and exotic foods, going on roller coasters, jumping out of airplanes, things like that? Regardless of how interested you are, how willing would you be to do those things if someone asked you to? How often do you actually do things like that? Give examples.
Depends on the thing at hand. I love trying new and exotic foods (although I have lots of allergies so that probably isn’t smart of me) and visiting new places. I’m not a thrill seeker though and I have motion sickness so… Airplane jumping and roller coasters are out of the question. I like to be safe and I’m quite nervous so I have my limits. I’m young, so I haven’t gone crazy with most things (although I’m usually the one prompting others to try exciting new foods), but I did reluctantly take a research mentorship in a fairly “dangerous” area (I didn’t think it was that bad but I had my mom in a tizzy when I did it). That was for a class, but I went a little bit more risky than average.

9. How would other people describe your demeanor? It may help to ask people you know. How emotional do you seem to people? How rational? Do you tend to be quiet and reserved, or more loud and talkative? Do you seem to choose your words carefully, or talk stream of consciousness, or do you sometimes think so fast you stumble trying to get all the words out? Do you tend to finish your sentences, or skip to the next sentence in the middle of the one you're saying, or skip to new topics entirely? Do you interrupt - if so, when and how often? How do you feel if someone interrupts you? How often do you feel like you have so much energy you can't sit still and need to be up and moving? How hard is it for you to get out of bed in the morning, or get up after relaxing for a long time?
I’ve been told recently I come across like Haruhi from “Ouran High School Host Club” and Iron Fist for what it’s worth (more so his demeanor/spirituality)? I seem like a “nice and intelligent person” who is relatively stiff/prudish, but “passionate about their future” People who don’t know me have a tendency to see me as conscientious, competent, responsible, and accepting of different types of people (I’m 100% not conscientious though). At the same time, I come across as a high energy/positive individual. I’ve been told I would make a good immortal because I’m friendly to most people, but distant at the same time. I tend to be more on the quiet side unless prompted. I try to choose my words carefully, but if I get excited things just kind of come out.
I have a tendency to pause at random points/transition points in my sentences, especially during presentations, although I have a calm, nice to listen to sort of voice (or so I’m told). I won’t interrupted except if I get excited. I’m ok if people interrupt me except if it’s repetitive or what I’m saying is being completely ignored.
It’s really difficult to get up in the morning but I’m also sort of depressed so there’s that. Unless it’s really early in the morning, then I can get up pretty easily. I used to be able to stand/sit still for really long period of time with ease, but now I have too much nervous energy and skip around frequently if I’m not controlling myself. I used to have functional outlets that would help me reduce my energy levels, but they are not currently working so I have a lot of expendable energy now.

10. Are you involved in any creative activities or projects? What are they and why do you like them? What are your goals in these areas? What have you felt most proud of or satisfied with? How likely are you to finish a particular project you start?
Not currently. I’m an artist and musician, so I am always trying to improve my drawing and musical skills. They are a means of expression, although difficult to actually share with others. I was part of a research class for three years and I enjoyed that because it let me set up my own research project and was sort of preparation for my future. I liked the presentation aspect as well, both aural and written. I’ll finish what I start if someone needs it or if it is for a grade, but not if I just feel like it. I have plenty of unfinished drawings in my sketchpad.

11. What are your age, gender, and nationality, if you feel comfortable sharing?

Between 18-21, Female, and American.

That's it. Feel free to ask questions if you feel that'd help.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, you seem to have a decent amount of cognitive function theory and MBTI knowledge, and I know you type yourself as an ISFJ.
You know you better than any of us.

I had a read, and although there is obviously a lot of things that would point towards Si as a strong function, for some reason I just see you as an INFP.
I can't really explain why. I've read this post about 5-6 times now and I feel like I could make a solid argument for multiple different functions, there's a case for ISFP, ISFJ and INFP in my opinion, but hey, what do I know.

Have a read of this:
Descriptions of the MBTI Step II™ Facets

Make note of which facet you prefer - and voila, you should have a decent understanding of the dichotomy and be able to type yourself using that, then simply let the cognitive functions fall where they may. It's possible you're an INFP - Fi dom, with strong Si due to simply being forced into using it etc, I see cognitive functions essentially as 'skills'.. the level they're at within everybody may or may not be representative of a persons preferences.

So read that link, and let me know how it goes, I'd be very keen to see how it turns out for you.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, you seem to have a decent amount of cognitive function theory and MBTI knowledge, and I know you type yourself as an ISFJ.
You know you better than any of us.

I had a read, and although there is obviously a lot of things that would point towards Si as a strong function, for some reason I just see you as an INFP.
I can't really explain why. I've read this post about 5-6 times now and I feel like I could make a solid argument for multiple different functions, there's a case for ISFP, ISFJ and INFP in my opinion, but hey, what do I know.
Thank you for responding by the way! I've definitely considered INFP as a possibility, I feel like I could make a decent case for aux Ne if I tried and I've been typed as both INTP and ENFP on PerC. Weak Te, or in the very least a weak Je function also makes sense, as I'm a mess when it comes to decision making (obvious by my consistent mistypeing lol). My only trouble with INFP is Fi. Perhaps I'm relying too much on stereotypes or just have a poor understanding of Fi, but Fi has always come across as passionate, self aware, and emotionally introspective, which are things that I struggle with. Then again, perhaps those struggles could be attributed to being a 9 core INFP, especially as I've been typed Fi on a couple of occasions

Have a read of this:
Descriptions of the MBTI Step II™ Facets

Make note of which facet you prefer - and voila, you should have a decent understanding of the dichotomy and be able to type yourself using that, then simply let the cognitive functions fall where they may. It's possible you're an INFP - Fi dom, with strong Si due to simply being forced into using it etc, I see cognitive functions essentially as 'skills'.. the level they're at within everybody may or may not be representative of a persons preferences.

So read that link, and let me know how it goes, I'd be very keen to see how it turns out for you.

I think I've read briefly upon this before on another site (I think I score INTP on that one, but I'm probably not an INTP).
I'm definitely Receiving over Initiating, probably Expressive over Contained (although not by much), probably intimate over gregarious, reflective over active, and probably quiet over enthusiastic (although bits of enthusiastic sounded like it might fit). So I guess that would lean I over E
For N vs S, probably abstract over concrete, imaginative over realistic (I'm not endowed with a lot of common sense), maybe conceptual over practical (although I can see parts of myself in both), probably theoretical over experiential (although like before I can see little parts of myself in both), and some weird combination of traditional and original. That would lean N over S?
For T vs F, I'm near the center of logical and empathetic, probably reasonable over compassionate, probably questioning over accommodating, accepting over critical, and tender over tough. So... The center? Since I can't seem choose one over the other, statistically speaking I'm probably F over T.
Finally, P over J, probably systematic over casual, open ended over planning, definitely pressure prompted over early starting, probably spontaneous over scheduled (although using spontaneous to describe my personality sounds super weird), and methological rather than emergent (probably not by much though). So... P over J then.

That would give me INxP, debatably INFP if I did this right

Last edited: